Antisemitism in some catholic circles
Why do you allow such terrible antisemitc propoganda on here? There is respect, acceptance and even protectiveness of the transgender or homosexual community which I agree with and is rare for a trad cath area, but there are threads here that are horrific about Jewish people. (Which are our kin.)
I'm not naive when it comes to what both Catholics, others and the Jewish people can do to people who feel they have the authority to effect good or evil, having experienced much. I don't think the propoganda here is helping Christianity or people like me who have been lost oftentimes, and it causes so much pain. When I go on a catholic forum I expect to see a continuation of hebrew scriptures and thought to the new testimony of christ having fulfilled the messianic prophecies. A connection, a foundation that gets stronger, not a replacement. Even if using fulfillment, you still have a comparitive connection vs oppsitional views. How can the tree be the same seed and type if you cut it down from it's root and call it the same but better? Why isn't the relationship between the two more of a schism and dysfunctional family type agreeing to disagree vs wanting to destroy eachother?
(08-02-2018, 07:39 PM)puernatus Wrote: Why do you allow such terrible antisemitc propoganda on here? There is respect, acceptance and even protectiveness of the transgender or homosexual community which I agree with and is rare for a trad cath area, but there are threads here that are horrific about Jewish people. (Which are our kin.)
I'm not naive when it comes to what both Catholics, others and the Jewish people can do to people who feel they have the authority to effect good or evil, having experienced much. I don't think the propoganda here is helping Christianity or people like me who have been lost oftentimes, and it causes so much pain. When I go on a catholic forum I expect to see a continuation of hebrew scriptures and thought to the new testimony of christ having fulfilled the messianic prophecies. A connection, a foundation that gets stronger, not a replacement. Even if using fulfillment, you still have a comparitive connection vs oppsitional views. How can the tree be the same seed and type if you cut it down from it's root and call it the same but better? Why isn't the relationship between the two more of a schism and dysfunctional family type agreeing to disagree vs wanting to destroy eachother?

It would help to discuss your concerns if you could point to a particular thread or statement that has been made that you disagree with.

I couldn't handle hearing criticism of Judaism because I thought the modern day Judaism was the same thing as the religion of the Old Testament.

After doing a great deal of research I came to understand that is not the case at all.

Modern Judaism is based on the Talmud, a book which says that Mary was a whore, that Jesus is burning in Hell in excrement, that all goyim (cattle) are to be either killed or made slaves of the Jews, that sex with a child under three is fine, that a mother having sex with her 9-year-old son is fine, and other atrocities such a necrophilia are condoned.
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
The religion known as Judaism today is not the same religion Christ followed. While most Jews are ignorant of this and thus are somewhat innocent, the religion they follow is an evil perversion of the original Judaism. 

Nobody on here hates Jews, we are not promoting antisemitism but as Catholics it is impossible to support Judaism as a religion. It is likewise wrong to promote ideologies such as religiously based zionism or heresies like dispensationalism.

I know several Jews and they are all good people from a natural perspective but that doesnt change the fact that the religion is wrong.

Post-temple Judaism is based on the teachings of the Talmud not the teachings of God and Moses. After Christ died, the ceremonies and laws of the old covenant died with Him. They were completed and fulfilled in the new covenant which is Catholicism. Thats why He said He would destroy the Temple and rebuild it in three days. The Jewish laws are no longer in effect because they only served to prepare the way for the New Law which is written not on tablets of stone but on the hearts of men. Because of this we are obligated to evangelize the Jews just as everyone else.

There are a select few within very orthodox Judaism which openly oppose Christianity and Western culture and want them destroyed. They are effectively Jew supremicists. This is a fact, they openly admit it and it's all based on Talmudic principles. Now this is not all Jews nor even most of them but they do exist. The same way that groups like ISIS exist within Islam.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
There's a difference between criticizing post-Temple Judaism, which is a radically different religion than the Old Testament religion (and an explicitly anti-Christ religion), understanding that Jews and Christians, as groups, have different worldly goals, and criticizing "the Jews" (or using code words, like "Zionists," to do so). And it's one thing to be aware of that second issue and to speak of it with prudence, and another thing to see conspiracy everywhere, read too much into things, etc. If people can't talk about these things with any subtlety, prudence, intelligence, and charity, they shouldn't talk about them at all; if that sort of thing is associated with Catholicism, it WILL drive souls away from Christ and His Church. Racism -- any idea that one race is more or less beloved by God than another --  has no place in Catholicism.

Zionism is a political question, and Catholics can think whatever they want about it in purely political terms. The theological issue is the rebuilding of the Temple.

As to "replacement vs. fulfillment," the Church is Israel, and anyone, no matter his race or ethnicity, is welcome. The Old Covenant was broken AND fulfilled by the New Covenant:

Jeremias 31:31-34 
Behold the days shall come, saith the Lord, and I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Juda:  Not according to the covenant which I made with their fathers, in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt: the covenant which they made void, and I had dominion over them, saith the Lord.  But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days, saith the Lord: I will give my law in their bowels, and I will write it in their heart: and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.  And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying: Know the Lord: for all shall know me from the least of them even to the greatest, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Galatians 4:21-31
Tell me, you that desire to be under the law, have you not read the law? For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, and the other by a free woman. But he who was of the bondwoman, was born according to the flesh: but he of the free woman, was by promise.Which things are said by an allegory. For these are the two testaments. The one from mount Sina, engendering unto bondage; which is Agar: For Sina is a mountain in Arabia, which hath affinity to that Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. But that Jerusalem, which is above, is free: which is our mother. For it is written: Rejoice, thou barren, that bearest not: break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for many are the children of the desolate, more than of her that hath a husband.  Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. But as then he, that was born according to the flesh, persecuted him that was after the spirit; so also it is now. But what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son; for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the free woman. So then, brethren, we are not the children of the bondwoman, but of the free: by the freedom wherewith Christ has made us free. 

Galatians 3:6-9, 16, 26-29
As it is written: Abraham believed God, and it was reputed to him unto justice.  Know ye therefore, that they who are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham.  And the scripture, foreseeing, that God justifieth the Gentiles by faith, told unto Abraham before: In thee shall all nations be blessed.  Therefore they that are of faith, shall be blessed with faithful Abraham.... To Abraham were the promises made and to his seed. He saith not, And to his seeds, as of many: but as of one, And to thy seed, which is Christ... For you are all the children of God by faith, in Christ Jesus.  For as many of you as have been baptized in Christ, have put on Christ.  There is neither Jew nor Greek: there is neither bond nor free: there is neither male nor female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus.  And if you be Christ's, then are you the seed of Abraham, heirs according to the promise.

Romans 2:28-29  
For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.

John 5:23 
That all men may honour the Son, as they honour the Father.  He who honoureth not the Son honoureth not the Father who hath sent him.

John 15:23 
He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

I John 2:22-23 
Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ?  This is Antichrist, who denieth the Father and the Son. Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father.  He that confesseth the Son hath the Father also.

Apocalypse 2:9 
I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Apocalypse 3:9 
Behold, I will bring of the synagogue of Satan, who say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie.

Romans 11:17-20 
And if some of the branches be broken, and thou, being a wild olive, art ingrafted in them, and art made partaker of the root, and of the fatness of the olive tree,  Boast not against the branches. But if thou boast, thou bearest not the root, but the root thee.  Thou wilt say then: The branches were broken off, that I might be grafted in.  Well: because of unbelief they were broken off.

We need to preach the Gospel. To everyone.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • Dominicus
(08-02-2018, 07:57 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Modern Judaism is based on the Talmud, a book which says that Mary was a whore, that Jesus is burning in Hell in excrement, that all goyim (cattle) are to be either killed or made slaves of the Jews, that sex with a child under three is fine, that a mother having sex with her 9-year-old son is fine, and other atrocities such a necrophilia are condoned.

"Goyim" does not mean "cattle." And don't post a bunch of memes showing how the Talmud speaks of the goyim as beasts; I already know, and "goyim" still does not mean "cattle." Arguments are undermined by verbal sloppiness that's easily disproved, and such a thing is needlessly inflammatory.
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Credidi Propter, Dominicus, Fionnchu, Florus
(08-02-2018, 08:27 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 07:57 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Modern Judaism is based on the Talmud, a book which says that Mary was a whore, that Jesus is burning in Hell in excrement, that all goyim (cattle) are to be either killed or made slaves of the Jews, that sex with a child under three is fine, that a mother having sex with her 9-year-old son is fine, and other atrocities such a necrophilia are condoned.

"Goyim" does not mean "cattle." And don't post a bunch of memes showing how the Talmud speaks of the goyim as beasts; I already know, and "goyim" still does not mean "cattle." Arguments are undermined by verbal sloppiness that's easily disproved, and such a thing is needlessly inflammatory.

I'm sorry, but I can't see how it would be inflammatory when Jews blush if they use the term since they know it is a derogatory term for non-Jews.

The dictionary defines it as a derogatory term.

As with many words, there is more than one definition.

Dr. Henry Makow Phd., a Jew, defined the term as meaning "cattle".

If it's inflammatory it should cause offense to the ones who are being degraded by the term, not by the ones using it.

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
It's often used in a derogatory way, but it doesn't mean "cattle."
(08-02-2018, 09:08 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: It's often used in a derogatory way, but it doesn't mean "cattle."

Derogatory terms have several meanings.

According to many Jews it's commonly known to mean "human cattle" or "slaves" or "beasts" or any of the other terms used in the Talmud.

But they usually translate it as "cattle".

In any case, why is it offensive for us to translate it as such when they do it themselves?

-Our Lady of La Salette

(08-02-2018, 09:15 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(08-02-2018, 09:08 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: It's often used in a derogatory way, but it doesn't mean "cattle."

According to many Jews it's commonly known to mean "human cattle" or "slaves" or "beasts" or any of the other terms used in the Talmud.

In any case, why is it offensive for us to translate it as such when they do it themselves?

Here, this article by Jewish English Professor, Henry Makow, explains it further:

https://www.henrymakow.com/2017/08/Jews-vs-goyim.html

-Our Lady of La Salette

(08-02-2018, 09:15 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:

The word is equivalent to the word gentile. The word is not in itself derogatory. Its not a slur. There's a big difference between saying that goyim are thought to be like cattle and saying that "goyim" means cattle.

I am a goy regardless of what connotations that may have.

It makes you seem sloppy and tactless. I'm not saying you are sloppy but that's how others may perceive it. Similar to someine arguing against evolution by claiming that evolutionists believe people came from monkeys. It's a gross oversimplification and a straw man. People who see stuff like that wont want to listen.

I enjoy many of your posts, I think they are inciteful and informative about important events. But I also understand how those looking on can very easily misunderstand and take it to mean that Catholics are "antisemitic" etc.

I would just suggest couching your posts with "softer" terms and being less overt. That way you can still get your point across and more people will be willing to listen because they won't be immediately scared off. Please don't take this the wrong way but your posts are often very intimidating.

One last thing. I also understand that you have trouble with long articles and such but I would suggest toning down on the videos etc. Many people such as myself can't watch videos usually on the internet for various reasons especially long ones. I would ask that you give like short blurbs explaining them so information doesn't get lost in context.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • Florus, jovan66102