Antisemitism in some catholic circles
(08-02-2018, 10:02 PM)Dominicus Wrote: The word is equivalent to the word gentile. The word is not in itself derogatory. Its not a slur. There's a big difference between saying that goyim are thought to be like cattle and saying that "goyim" means cattle.

I am a goy regardless of what connotations that may have.

It makes you seem sloppy and tactless. I'm not saying you are sloppy but that's how others may perceive it. Similar to someine arguing against evolution by claiming that evolutionists believe people came from monkeys. It's a gross oversimplification and a straw man. People who see stuff like that wont want to listen.

I enjoy many of your posts, I think they are inciteful and informative about important events. But I also understand how those looking on can very easily misunderstand and take it to mean that Catholics are "antisemitic" etc.

I would just suggest couching your posts with "softer" terms and being less overt. That way you can still get your point across and more people will be willing to listen because they won't be immediately scared off. Please don't take this the wrong way but your posts are often very intimidating.

One last thing. I also understand that you have trouble with long articles and such but I would suggest toning down on the videos etc. Many people such as myself can't watch videos usually on the internet for various reasons especially long ones. I would ask that you give like short blurbs explaining them so information doesn't get lost in context.

Unfortunately, I have to disagree with you (not to be argumentative) but because I have listened to many Jewish people explain that it is a slur but they try to hide that from the general public.  The blog post I linked to explains that in great detail.  

If you Google the word "goy" (and Google is owned by Jews) and look at the definition they give, it says that it's informal and derogatory.

The word "gentile" is not derogatory but the word "goy" is.  Makow is an English Professor so I'm sure he's particular about word usage and definitions.  Here is a blurb from the article I posted explaining the meaning of the term.  Can you imagine if I called you a "Jew head" meaning you are an idiot?  It's not a nice word.

Quote:THE GOYIM

The incident inspired a debate among Jews as to whether the term goyim is actually derogatory.  In an article entitled, Why I Won't Stop using the Term Goy,  Forward Executive Editor Dan Friedman disingenuously argues that the term simply refers to "the nations." 

But "goy" is neither at heart offensive nor has it become offensive through usage. For those Jews who believe that being the Chosen people makes us better than others, it's easy to see how the term could easily slip to insult. 

Friedman's remarks were in response to an earlier, more realistic article by Rebecca Einstein Schorr: Stop Using the Word Goy: You're Empowering White Supremacists 

While the origin of the word is benign, the pejorative overtone of the word goy is not new. Take, for example, the phrase, goyisher kop -- a gentile head. Not a term for any non-Jew, goyishe kop refers to an "idiot." Or the observation that "the goyishe groomsmen were all drunk and bawdy; of course, you'd never see that at a Jewish wedding." The moral implication could not be clearer.

In other words, to say that the word goy historically has not been a slur is simply incorrect. It has long been used by Jews in a negative sense when talking about non-Jews who cannot be trusted and whose values writ large are lacking...

See the full article here:

https://www.henrymakow.com/2017/08/Jews-vs-goyim.html

However, I understand about softening the tone and will try to do that.

The way we are being talked about is quite shocking to me too!  That's why I want to wake people up about it.

It's hard to understand how we have been deceived for so long as to what their religion teaches and their beliefs about Christians.  I'm blown away the same way I was blown away by some Muslim beliefs and practices.

However,  I will try and couch my posts exposing their statements with better nuance in spite of my horror and zeal. ;)

As for posting the videos, yes that is my main source of information like you said.  I have often wished there was a way to just post the link without the whole video showing up.  In any case, I'll try to give more of a description for those who can't watch them. :)
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Dominicus
Oops I forgot to post this quote too:

Quote:JEWISH SELF DELUSION

Both Friedman and Schorr's remarks reflect the Jewish state of self-delusion. Jews simply do not realize the true nature of their religious affiliation and the jeopardy it places them in. Most have never read the Talmud which is founded on the principle that non-Jews are animals put on earth to serve Jews. The term "Goyim" refers to these animals i.e. cattle. 

There is an incredible cognitive dissonance taking place when Jews hurl the aspersion "hate" at people who are simply resisting the hatred which is central to one of their most important religious texts, the Talmud. 

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
In any case, perhaps say "goy is a derogatory term which means gentile but often has the connotations of cattle or beast" or something along those lines.

Its more informative and everyone is happy.  :)
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
So just to be clear about where I am coming from:

I love all people!

I love Jewish people!  :heart:

I love Muslim people!   :heart:

I love atheists, Protestants, gays, transfolk etc.  :heart:

However,

I hate the Talmud!  It's an evil book that condones evil things.  :@

I hate the Koran.  It's an evil book that condones evil things.   :@

And I'm not particularly fond of being called a beast, or cattle or slave either.  :(

-Our Lady of La Salette

[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • Dominicus, Eric F
(08-02-2018, 11:25 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: So just to be clear about where I am coming from:

I love all people!

I love Jewish people!  :heart:

I love Muslim people!   :heart:

I love atheists, Protestants, gays, transfolk etc.  :heart:

However,

I hate the Talmud!  It's an evil book that condones evil things.  :@

I hate the Koran.  It's an evil book that condones evil things.   :@

And I'm not particularly fond of being called a beast, or cattle or slave either.  :(

And I'm not particularly fond of the Zionist plan to form a New World Order under their government either.  :helpsmiley:

-Our Lady of La Salette

(08-02-2018, 09:51 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Here, this article by Jewish English Professor, Henry Makow, explains it further:

Yeah, like I said, "goyim" doesn't mean "cattle" but is sometimes used in a derogatory manner.

For your consideration: https://www.edge.org/response-detail/27181

Once, long ago, in a land far away, lived three men. Let's call them Steven, Theobald, and Erik. Setting out to find meat for dinner, they left their respective villages, met up in the meadow, and then headed through the woods and into the hills together. There, they found a cave, and entered into it out of curiosity. They'd only gone about 100 feet inside when they met a troll, a creature everyone knew was imaginary. The troll -- whose face changed minute by minute -- was dressed in purple and red, smelled of pumpkins, and carried a birdcage containing an insanely blue parrot. To the amazement of Steven, Theobald, and Erik, the parrot greeted them in 10 different languages and then whistled Dixie. When it finished its song, it clapped its claws together to beckon dancing girls and jesters. As they twirled and juggled, the troll snapped his fingers, and out came 10 servants bringing forth finely roasted meats, savory pies, blancmange, and jellies. Gold dust fell from the cave's ceiling, making the place seem magical. 

"Eat! Eat!" said the troll. "All you like! There's plenty more where that came from!" Then he turned to one of the jesters and stage-whispered to him, "Prepare the cages! We'll feed them for a month 'til they're fattened up; then we will eat the meat off their bones, just as we did with all the others!"

The men overheard the troll and ran for their lives, each to his own village.

Steven ran into the town square, a look of terror on his face, screaming almost incoherently. "Trolls!!!!!!! Punkins'! Morphing face! Blue p-p-p-p-arrots! They t-t-talk! French! Italian! P-p-portuguese! Cannibals!!!!! Lots of them! G-g-old! Magic!" The people of the town called the sheriff, who came and locked Steven away.

In Theobald's village, he recounted the tale more calmly. "I know this sounds insane, but there was a troll, you see. And he smelled remarkably like squash, something I noticed as I sat watching his face change. There was a parrot that spoke 10 languages, and there were dancers and jugglers spinning and juggling and all that sort of thing. A huge feast was brought out, including blancmange. The troll related plans to fatten us up and eat us.." and on he continued, relating the facts as best he could, but making mistakes and exaggerations the people knew weren't true at all. For ex., he said that the wood was 10 miles wide when they knew it was only 8, and he said the troll was 8 feet tall when everyone knew that trolls, even imaginary ones, were short. He also used so many unnecessary details that the people grew restless -- so restless that they called the sheriff, who came and locked Theobald away.

Erik told his compatriots that there is a danger in the cave and asked the men to grab weapons and come take a look. The men were curious, but Erik was smart; he wanted for them to be safe from the troll, but he knew what they would and wouldn't accept, what would make them act -- and what would make them call the sheriff. He told them just enough to get them to do what was necessary, but not so much that he'd be locked away. He told them what sort of weapons they'd need, and that there was "a danger" in the cave instead of "a troll." He left out the part about the talking parrot and dancers and jesters and gold, telling them, instead, that the man had some pretty hard-to-believe possessions they just had to see for themselves. The men followed him, and saw things with their own eyes. The troll is now dead, alive no more to eat villagers.

Morals of the story: Russell conjugation. Teaching is an art. Prudence matters. And something about brevity.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • The Tax Collector
Quote:Most have never read the Talmud which is founded on the principle that non-Jews are animals put on earth to serve Jews. The term "Goyim" refers to these animals i.e. cattle. 

There is an incredible cognitive dissonance taking place when Jews hurl the aspersion "hate" at people who are simply resisting the hatred which is central to one of their most important religious texts, the Talmud. 

Did you see this part of the article?

So some folks are calling us bad names.

I say, "Look there!  They are calling us bad names."  :(

You say, "Shhhhh....that's rude."  :huh:

-Our Lady of La Salette

(08-03-2018, 01:21 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
Quote:Most have never read the Talmud which is founded on the principle that non-Jews are animals put on earth to serve Jews. The term "Goyim" refers to these animals i.e. cattle. 

No she's simply saying be a bit more tactful and make sure your facts are as accurate as possible so you don't end up like the second guy in the story. He had all the facts but he wasnt careful with how he related them and because of this nobody believed him. 

He said that the wood was 10 miles instead of 8, that's a small mistake but enough to make people who knew better dismiss him.

The fact is, regardless of whether or not "goyim" is used as a slur if you look it up in a Hebrew to English dictionary your not going to get "cattle". That's enough to put some people off.

Its literal meaning has nothing to do with livestock. That word would be "behemah" meaning "beast, animal, or cattle".
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!

I don't have to read the article; I've read huge chunks of the Talmud and know -- and have known for decades -- that it's tedious filth that is explicitly anti-Christ and speaks of non-Jews as not being fully human. But "goyim" still does not mean "cattle." Use word replacement in those sentences: "Most have never read 'A Defense of Slavery,' which is founded on the principle that Negroes are animals put on earth to serve others. The term 'Negro' refers to these animals i.e. cattle."  "Negro"  doesn't mean "cattle" in these sentences even though Black people may well be thought of as animals by the sort of racist who'd think of Black people as animals and would condone slavery. And "goyim" doesn't mean "cattle." "Referring to" something isn't the same as defining it. My calling a pie "tasty" isn't the same as saying "tasty" means "pie." My saying "dogs are mammals" isn't the same as saying "dog" means "mammal."
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • jovan66102
(08-03-2018, 02:51 AM)VoxClamantis Wrote:

I don't have to read the article; I've read huge chunks of the Talmud and know -- and have known for decades -- that it's tedious filth that is explicitly anti-Christ and speaks of non-Jews as not being fully human. But "goyim" still does not mean "cattle." Use word replacement in those sentences: "Most have never read 'A Defense of Slavery,' which is founded on the principle that Negroes are animals put on earth to serve others. The term 'Negro' refers to these animals i.e. cattle."  "Negro"  doesn't mean "cattle" in these sentences even though Black people may well be thought of as animals by the sort of racist who'd think of Black people as animals and would condone slavery. And "goyim" doesn't mean "cattle." "Referring to" something isn't the same as defining it. My calling a pie "tasty" isn't the same as saying "tasty" means "pie." My saying "dogs are mammals" isn't the same as saying "dog" means "mammal."

Okay, so you want me to read your article but you won't show me the respect of reading mine.

Your mind is made up.  That's fine.

I'll go with the Jewish English Professor with the Ph.D.  Words are his business and this is a colloquialism peculiar to Judaism which is his culture.

-Our Lady of La Salette