Antisemitism in some catholic circles
I read the article. "Goyim" doesn't mean "cattle."
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
Thank you for reading the article.

If the word only means "nations", then why is it derogatory?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
(08-03-2018, 03:45 AM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote: Thank you for reading the article.

If the word only means "nations", then why is it derogatory?

It isn't inherently derogatory but can be used derogatorily because some Jews have derogatory attitudes toward "the nations" and use the word for "nations" -- "goyim" -- when derogating non-Jews. The word "goyim" means "the nations" and is more often used simply to refer to non-Jews than it is used in a derogatory manner. And even when used in a derogatory manner, it doesn't mean "cattle"; it means "someone who's not one of us." Same as how Catholics can use the word "Protestant" as an insult even though "Protestant" means non-Catholic/non-Orthodox Christian. It's us vs. them language. Ubiquitous.
(08-02-2018, 07:39 PM)puernatus Wrote: Why do you allow such terrible antisemitc propoganda on here? There is respect, acceptance and even protectiveness of the transgender or homosexual community which I agree with and is rare for a trad cath area, but there are threads here that are horrific about Jewish people. (Which are our kin.)
I'm not naive when it comes to what both Catholics, others and the Jewish people can do to people who feel they have the authority to effect good or evil, having experienced much. I don't think the propoganda here is helping Christianity or people like me who have been lost oftentimes, and it causes so much pain. When I go on a catholic forum I expect to see a continuation of hebrew scriptures and thought to the new testimony of christ having fulfilled the messianic prophecies. A connection, a foundation that gets stronger, not a replacement. Even if using fulfillment, you still have a comparitive connection vs oppsitional views. How can the tree be the same seed and type if you cut it down from it's root and call it the same but better? Why isn't the relationship between the two more of a schism and dysfunctional family type agreeing to disagree vs wanting to destroy eachother?

I'm sorry for the pain that you feel and I hope you God will help you find your way and give you peace of mind. The hard truth though is that the Judaism that is practiced today is not the same Judaism that was practiced during ancient times. Post temple Judaism was created by a Rabbi named Yohanan Ben Zakkai in a school he found after the Romans destroyed Jerusalem and the tradition he started developed for 500 years into the Judaism there is today. The Catholic Church has the true understanding of the Hebrew scriptures and those ideas can be found in a study of the Church Fathers.
The problem is that the world around us has set the bar so low, that virtually anything can be considered anti-Jewish. Even in non-Traditional Catholic circles, one can talk openly of Catholic bigotry against Jews, but jaws will drop and look's of shock will suddenly appear if the shoe is put on the other foot. For some reason, criticism of almost every other ethnic-religious group is considered acceptable, yet if one applies the same standards to Jews it generates bizarre reasoning that you're advocating genocide.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
All criticism of Judaism is viewed as anti-Semitic. All criticism of Jewish power is viewed as anti-Semitic. Criticism of Jewish ideologies (Zionism, Communism, Capitalism, Liberalism etc.) is also often viewed as simple anti-Semitism. If you want to know who has power over you, look to who you can't openly criticize. I'm sorry discussions of these topics makes you uncomfortable, as you were likely raised in a philo-Semitic society as we all were, but I promise you it's not out of any hatred for a people, it's just saying it like it is.
~Your local humanitarian snowflake™ with the most noble of spirits.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emblemfan's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
(08-03-2018, 12:32 PM)Patmappas28 Wrote: The hard truth though is that the Judaism that is practiced today is not the same Judaism that was practiced during ancient times.

Very, very true, but since the least refusal to kowtow to the Talmudists is interpreted as 'anti-semitism', it does no good to point it out. I once had a conversation with a devout fundamentalist. I pointed out that Judaism was a sacrificial religion with a Temple and a Priesthood and that Talmudism had none of this. That, OTOH, Talmudism was a religion based on a non-scriptural 'interpretation' of the very Scriptures that Christ had fulfilled.

His reaction? 'But that's Nazi thinking!'

Read Judaism and the Vatican: An Attempt at Spiritual Subversion and Freemasonry & Judaism: The Secret Powers Behind Revolution, both by le vicomte Leon de Poncins, to find out what they really think of us and what's going on.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert, Patmappas28
Quote:VoxClamantis
Use word replacement in those sentences: "Most have never read 'A Defense of Slavery,' which is founded on the principle that Negroes are animals put on earth to serve others. The term 'Negro' refers to these animals i.e. cattle."  "Negro"  doesn't mean "cattle" in these sentences even though Black people may well be thought of as animals by the sort of racist who'd think of Black people as animals and would condone slavery. 

So here is my original statement:
Quote:Modern Judaism is based on the Talmud, a book which says that Mary was a whore, that Jesus is burning in Hell in excrement, that all goyim (cattle) are to be either killed or made slaves of the Jews, that sex with a child under three is fine, that a mother having sex with her 9-year-old son is fine, and other atrocities such a necrophilia are condoned.

If modern attitudes towards Negroes were founded on the book, "A Defense of Slavery", and that was the topic I was discussing in my statement, it would read,
Quote:"Modern attitudes towards slavery is based on the book, "A Defense of Slavery, a book which says that all Negroes (animals) are to be either killed or made the slaves of Whites."

(What a horrible book by the way!)

It's clear that the sentence is saying that the book describes Negroes as animals.  The same is true when discussing the Talmud which is a book which describes Goyim as animals.

Quote:VoxClamantis
The word "goyim" means "the nations" and is more often used simply to refer to non-Jews than it is used in a derogatory manner. And even when used in a derogatory manner, it doesn't mean "cattle"; it means "someone who's not one of us." Same as how Catholics can use the word "Protestant" as an insult even though "Protestant" means non-Catholic/non-Orthodox Christian. It's us vs. them language. Ubiquitous.

I understand that is your perception, but I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that it's "Ubiquitous".

I think it is very rare for Catholics to use the word Protestant in a derogatory vs a classifying way.  If you look up the word Protestant in the dictionary it doesn't list it as "derogatory".

Yet, as I said before if you Google the word Goy, it defines it as "informal and derogatory".

The word "Gentile" is not listed as derogatory in the dictionary.

So they have two words for us non-Jews which they can use that have different connotations.

According to Google dictionary, whenever the word Goy or Goyim is used it has a derogatory tone while Gentile does not.

I have seen Professor Henry Makow (Jewish) and others in their writings use the phrase:  Goyim(cattle), so I was following their lead.

However, since this is clearly a very touchy topic, in the interest of deference, I will take Dominicus advice and instead phrase it this way in the future:

Goyim (which is a derogatory term which is literally translated as "nations" but often has the connotations of cattle or beast)
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
[-] The following 2 users Like Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • jovan66102, Some Guy
I'm closing this place down. I'm done.
Vox, just bring the ban hammer down!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • HailGilbert