Islam in the Catechism
(08-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
Quote:Last week when the pedo scandal erupted

No wonder they got rid of Hell.  Wouldn't you if you were in their shoes?

They didn't get rid of Hell. There much to be worried about for those proponents of the disappeared Hell. "Those who don't believe in the existence of Hell are those most likely to go there." - St Alphonsus Ligouri.
(08-06-2018, 02:50 AM)Poche Wrote:
(08-04-2018, 03:22 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
Quote:Last week when the pedo scandal erupted

No wonder they got rid of Hell.  Wouldn't you if you were in their shoes?

They didn't get rid of Hell. There much to be worried about for those proponents of the disappeared Hell. "Those who don't believe in the existence of Hell are those most likely to go there." - St Alphonsus Ligouri.

Yeah, Francis fanboy #1, a Doctor of the Church said that. Your main man says there is no hell (another heresy).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(08-04-2018, 02:23 PM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: The response I received was "Nobody that believes in the God of Abraham has anything to fear on the last day."

They were wrong.

Every single day, every practicing Muslim begins prayer by praying from Surah 1 of the Qur'an: Surah Al-Fatihah.

This Surah says to Allah:

Guide us to the straight path—The path of those upon whom you have bestowed favor, not of those who have evoked your anger or those who are astray.

And according to many, many sources in the Hadith literature, "those who evoke Allah's anger" in this passage are the Jews, while "those who are astray" are the Christians.

So therefore, every single day, every practicing Muslim asks God to preserve him from going the crooked way of the Jews and the Christians.

How does that square with what your friend told you? Why would they do that if "everyone who believes in the God of Abraham" can feel confident of avoiding hell on the last day?
(08-08-2018, 04:49 PM)BenedicamDominum Wrote: How does that square with what your friend told you? Why would they do that if "everyone who believes in the God of Abraham" can feel confident of avoiding hell on the last day?

It's called taqiyya, lying to an infidel. No sin involved.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Some Guy
This came from Vox’s twitter timeline below us. Thought it was very informative.

http://www.libertylawsite.org/2018/08/07...-benedict/

So not only is Allah not Triune but he also a voluntarist will rather than divine logos.

At some point Islam stops being false worship of the true God and just becomes flat out false worship of a false god.