Reordering Our Sexual Desires?
Have you ever thought of soneone, and they text?

Think about it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Mark Williams
Well, well. It appears I have worn out my welcome here.

*TRIGGER WARNING* I AM GOING TO MENTION ONCE AGAIN THAT I STRUGGLE WITH IMPURITY. 

As a woman, the sins of impurity I combat are particularly grievous because practically no one understands them from a woman's perspective. We women are just supposed to struggle with gossip and eating too much chocolate, not with lust. And, as a woman who is given to expressions of emotion, it helps me to express my battles here, in written word. I have been careful to not go into excessive detail (or any detail, really) regarding how, and when, and to what, I end up sinning. I find it hard to believe that my posts could trigger anyone. Again, this further proves my conviction that I am very much alone in this fight, when the people you count on for help dismiss you as being too emotional and too unstable, and label you as a nuisance and a stumbling block for others.

Somebody started a thread about what men can do for women in their lives, and one thing is this: support your women emotionally, and don't make them feel like whiny, blubbering masses of hormones when their emotions get the best of them and they need to express them. Case in point: it really wasn't helpful when several people told me to just shut up and stop thinking about my struggles so much (as if I can just turn off my mind and emotions like a tap), nor was it helpful when others suggested I take medication to suppress my God-given sexual desires (as if I am such an out-of-control monster that I literally have to go on drugs to become "normal" again, like the rest of humanity).

I post on this forum because I am a miserable sinner who needs help and support, but I suppose I have worn out my welcome and grated too long against your puritan nerves.

I shall not bring up this topic again. May things return as they were, before I disturbed the waters with my flagrant harlotry.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(08-09-2018, 02:05 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Well, well. It appears I have worn out my welcome here.

Whoah, where's that coming from?

(08-09-2018, 02:05 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: *TRIGGER WARNING* I AM GOING TO MENTION ONCE AGAIN THAT I STRUGGLE WITH IMPURITY. 

As a woman, the sins of impurity I combat are particularly grievous because practically no one understands them from a woman's perspective. We women are just supposed to struggle with gossip and eating too much chocolate, not with lust. And, as a woman who is given to expressions of emotion, it helps me to express my battles here, in written word. I have been careful to not go into excessive detail (or any detail, really) regarding how, and when, and to what, I end up sinning. I find it hard to believe that my posts could trigger anyone. Again, this further proves my conviction that I am very much alone in this fight, when the people you count on for help dismiss you as being too emotional and too unstable, and label you as a nuisance and a stumbling block for others.

You're not alone, and no one is asking that you not talk about it. S'all good.

(08-09-2018, 02:05 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Somebody started a thread about what men can do for women in their lives, and one thing is this: support your women emotionally, and don't make them feel like whiny, blubbering masses of hormones when their emotions get the best of them and they need to express them. Case in point: it really wasn't helpful when several people told me to just shut up and stop thinking about my struggles so much (as if I can just turn off my mind and emotions like a tap), nor was it helpful when others suggested I take medication to suppress my God-given sexual desires (as if I am such an out-of-control monster that I literally have to go on drugs to become "normal" again, like the rest of humanity).

I was the one who mentioned SSRIs and/or St. John's Wort, and I don't see why you seem to be taking that as insulting. They might help you. And that doesn't make you some "out of control monster." Lots of people take SSRI's. I've taken SSRIs.

(08-09-2018, 02:05 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I post on this forum because I am a miserable sinner who needs help and support, but I suppose I have worn out my welcome and grated too long against your puritan nerves.

I shall not bring up this topic again. May things return as they were, before I disturbed the waters with my flagrant harlotry.

Chill, S. S'all good.Truly.

T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 2 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • HailGilbert, SacraCor714
While a Catholic forum may sure make it seem like women don't struggle with impurity, let's be honest, many many many do. It takes two to tango and there are tons of women these days who sleep around with different people like it's no big deal or even just fornicate with their boyfriends, there are plenty of women who masturbate daily or even multiple times a day. 

I know a lot of people chatise you for how you've been in your relationships, but I honestly give you credit for not taking it all the way considering your sex drive. I didn't save myself for marriage, I wasn't particularly religious when I met my wife and neither was she. We both were each other's one and only, but as I became more religious it was difficult for me to be unmarried and do what we did, even if it was quite infrequent due to us both living at home. If I was more religious when we met, would I have been able to handle a long term relationship without sex? No idea, it sure would have been difficult. 

So if you want to at least look at it from one positive perspective, you think you weren't given any graces, but the fact that you never gave into fornication, especially with a guy you didn't end up marrying, was a huge one.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

[Image: 2lq3.png]
[-] The following 5 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • HailGilbert, mpk1987, Ptochos, SacraCor714, VoxClamantis
I don't think anybody wants you gone and you are not alone. There have been plenty of members who suffer from very similar problems.

Sometimes these things can be exacerbated by hormonal imbalances. If that's the case then medication could help. Theres nothing wrong with taking medicine if you have a legitimate issue.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Don't go, FE sucks when it is full of stuff-shirt pious holier than thous...No one is perfect and we are all struggling to become the perfect man/woman God intends for us to be. Please stick around, we need more spunky girls on here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • HailGilbert
Quote:I have worn out my welcome and grated too long against your puritan nerves. 

Well, now that you mention it.....

[Image: 2flvzy.jpg]

Quote:I disturbed the waters with my flagrant harlotry.

Here, enjoy this picture of a puppy...

[Image: 281px-Puppy_on_Halong_Bay.jpg]

Aww! How cute.  

Now that I have diffused the situation with gut-busting humour and adorable puppies, a word for the wise: Take a deep breath and calm down.  Don't get all bent out of shape over one post from a person who has three posts here.  Look, the Christian life is a life of warfare, and we all have to fight.  Don't make the struggle harder than it has to be.  Many of the posters here are, and have been, exceedingly gracious and patient in attempting to give you answers, consolation and solutions to your problems. I don't know where you're getting this idea that we are all a bunch of holy rollers who never have any temptations at all, many of the people here are open enough about the fact that they lived lives that were very bad before their conversion (myself included in this).  I would say that the majority of us need to go to confession at every week.

From this point on, I am just going to recommend to you that you go on retreat.  Click on the link, and look up dates and find one that fits for you.  Bon chance.

SSPX Retreats
[-] The following 1 user Likes Justin Alphonsus's post:
  • SacraCor714