Men, What is Something You Wish Your Wife Would Do More?
Men, what are some things you wish your wives/girlfriends would do more of?

I'm not just talking about sex here, but please mention that if that is a priority. I don't mean to stereotype men into horny monsters with one thing on their minds!

Do you want us women to listen more? Not nag as much? Give a nice shoulder rub? Initiate lovemaking more? Watch sports with you?

Whatever it is, us ladies want to know (yes, all of us ladies--you see, I'm asking for all of us!) Sticking tongue out at you Wink Big Grin
Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them." I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them,” because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(08-07-2018, 12:19 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Men, what are some things you wish your wives/girlfriends would do more of?

I'm not just talking about sex here, but please mention that if that is a priority. I don't mean to stereotype men into horny monsters with one thing on their minds!

Do you want us women to listen more? Not nag as much? Give a nice shoulder rub? Initiate lovemaking more? Watch sports with you?

Whatever it is, us ladies want to know (yes, all of us ladies--you see, I'm asking for all of us!) Sticking tongue out at you Wink Big Grin

Become the person God wants you to be, leave the rest to God....
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
[-] The following 1 user Likes CaptCrunch73's post:
  • LionHippo
(08-07-2018, 12:41 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Become the person God wants you to be, leave the rest to God....

Very much this.  A woman who desires God first and to live everything in her life for God.  Who sees the priority of her day and for her family as the spiritual things, such as hearing daily Mass, and orders all of the secular or natural things of life towards a spiritual end.  "Being in the world but not of it," so to say.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
Yea I gotta agree with the above. It gets exhausting when my lil lady gets overly excited about worldly things. I always feel most attracted to her when she gets excited about the Faith.
I have to agree with everything above.  I too find my wife most appealing when she's prayerful, rested, and focused on God.  However, that can be tough with 5 young'uns.

More specifically along those lines:
- drop the kids off more often with the mom-in-law so just the 2 of us can go to Mass in the evening.  A quiet Mass with just my dear wife is a truly wonderful experience
- initiating "relations" more often would be nice (I'm a guy, what'd you expect?), or even a brief hug when you're in the "non-intimate" phase of your cycles is nice.
- stay out of the kitchen when I'm making dinner.  Seriously.  I love ya, but this is your time to relax after a day with the kids and my time to move around and be creative after a day at the office.  
- develop a taste for spicier Cajun food, good bourbon and Islay Scotch.  Or at least don't say "it smells like gasoline." 
- I hate to sound like I'm stereotyping, but tell me if something mechanical sounds "funny".  Also, read the darn owner's manual. (funny story behind this one)

On that note: ladies, what can we do more for you? Nothing you say, as you've already married perfect husbands? Smile
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • LionHippo
Well, Jeeter, we're all waiting for this funny story!
Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them." I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them,” because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(08-09-2018, 02:14 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Well, Jeeter, we're all waiting for this funny story!

Part funny, part frustrating.

When we first got married, my dear wife would ask "why don't you stop for direction, or read the owner's manual?" Of course, my response was that I don't need to stop for directions because I have a map, and I don't read the owner's manual for (what I consider) relatively simple things that I would use a lot; drills, saws, and the like.

Before I got deployed, I had my truck checked out to ensure it would be in good shape for her. No issues. While I was gone, our neighbor mentioned seeing oil where she had been parking and offered to check it for leaks for her. She said it was OK and had no problems, since I'd had checked it out, even though that had been several months prior. This occurred several times. One day, she went out of town with our daughter. When she started the truck to drive home, she noticed an orange light on the dashboard. She ignored said light and drove 65 miles until it made a "loud, rattling, clanking sound" and died in front of a Wal Mart. Luckily she and the kid were fine. Needless to say, when I got home I was not particularly amused, although I'd had a few more months to calm down about it after she told me. She tried making puppy dog eyes and explaining how it wasn't her fault, because she's not mechanically inclined, to which I replied, "Dear, why didn't you read the owner's manual?" Sticking tongue out at you
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 2 users Like Jeeter's post:
  • knitwit, SacraCor714