SSPX Resistance
Recently the SSPX had a General Chapter wherein a new Superior General was elected. I think it was a General Chapter held in 2012 that led to some priests quitting the Society over the perceived notion that Bishop Fellay was heading come what may to a deal with Rome. The English-speaking "Resistance" was spearheaded by Frs Francois Chazal and Joseph Pfeiffer and were/are know variously as SSPX-SO, SSPX-MC, SPX-MC. These two priests have since parted company with one another.

Fr Chazal seems to be mostly in the Philippines while Fr Pfeiffer does the US, Australia and the UK and Ireland. His group, however, has caused controversy over some priests and an Orthodox bishop associated with it.

Are there any SSPX-Resisters here who can tell us what they have achieved these past five or six years and how precisely they have resisted the SSPX?
I remember 5 or 6 years ago Fr Pfeiffer was hotly defended in one of the threads on this forum. Where have all his friends gone?
Just a guess, but could they have been caught in the purge of Toxic Trads?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
lol There was a purge of "Toxic Trads"?
Ave Christus Rex!
(08-18-2018, 02:50 PM)Some Guy Wrote: lol There was a purge of "Toxic Trads"?

Yep! The Tank is a lot more pleasant to swim in now. :)
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Melkite
I guess I better watch what I say then.
Ave Christus Rex!
For the heck of it I did some SSPX resistance Googling. I've heard the term Neo-SSPX tossed around, so I'm guessing that would be by groups that believe the SSPX is turning into a Novus accepting group.

Are "resisters" basically people who are still loyal to the SSPX (or at least consider themselves SSPX) and operate outside of the group's structure? Or do these people people consist of SSPX breakaways (SSPV, etc.)?

The self identified Resistance site I was just on had a nice pro-life meme. If there's one thing I am thankful for, it's the fact that seemingly any group identifying as Catholic is committed to this issue.
(08-18-2018, 10:51 PM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: For the heck of it I did some SSPX resistance Googling. I've heard the term Neo-SSPX tossed around, so I'm guessing that would be by groups that believe the SSPX is turning into a Novus accepting group.

Are "resisters" basically people who are still loyal to the SSPX (or at least consider themselves SSPX) and operate outside of the group's structure? Or do these people people consist of SSPX breakaways (SSPV, etc.)?

The self identified Resistance site I was just on had a nice pro-life meme. If there's one thing I am thankful for, it's the fact that seemingly any group identifying as Catholic is committed to this issue.

Wikipedia has a good summary of the SSPX Resistance:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSPX_Resistance

What I have heard is that the English speaking section is divided into at least two groups with one faction calling itself the "True Resistance" and labeling the other as the "False Resistance". I cannot confirm this but i have heard that this division has caused some of the Resistance folk to look elsewhere for the TLM and the Sacraments.