Why Music Matters
Does anyone know if this article is true:

http://www.phatmass.com/phorum/topic/154...te-is-gay/

If so, isn't it a crime to use it in Mass?  

Help here - if it's true I'll talk to people about striking all his stuff from use.
I don't care if he's gay or not. His 'music' is a crime just by existing and should not be used at Mass or anywhere else!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter
Agreed! I have a meeting next week with people that could help get rid of it - any points you'd make to help in that capacity?
Unfortunately, I have no expertise in music criticism. I just know that I find Schutte and his ilk, sappy, syrupy, often heretical, and generally unsingable.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Too many modern hymns are about us rather than about God. I'm not sure how much Schutte's stuff is like that, but that's something to look for.

They should be using Gregorian chant, anyway. Don't they know that that's what Vatican II called for? Paragraph 116 of Sacrosanctum concilium said "The Church acknowledges Gregorian chant as specially suited to the Roman liturgy: therefore, other things being equal, it should be given pride of place in liturgical services."
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul's post:
  • angeltime, jovan66102, mpk1987
Modern "hymns" have a place in the Catholic world, just not anywhere inside the Nave or Sanctuary.
(08-10-2018, 04:48 PM)Markie Boy Wrote: Agreed!  I have a meeting next week with people that could help get rid of it - any points you'd make to help in that capacity?
Peace.....I don't know that  you could get rid of it totally - however you might be able to ask the music ministry not to use it during this crisis time in the Church when those causing the crisis are the authors, openly living in sin and proud of it and also promoting their lifestyle using the same hymn.  It would be more of a suspension I suppose, than banning it altogether.  Just a thought.....I do like the hymn.....for the right occasion of course.  God bless, angeltime Heart
A good connection angeltime - given the situation of the times.
The refrain "'Here I am, Lord. Is it I, Lord? I have heard you calling in the night. I will go Lord if you lead me. I will hold your people in my heart.' is based on the Prophet Isiah's response to being called by God after his lips were purified by live coals.
From Sacrosanctum Concilium;

116. The Church acknowledges Gregorian chant as specially suited to the Roman liturgy: therefore, other things being equal, it should be given pride of place in liturgical services.

http://www.vatican.va/archive/hist_counc...um_en.html