Any Confraternity members?
Who here belongs to any confraternities or similar groups such as the Knights of Columbus or a third order?

I personally am a member of the Rosary Confraternity, the Militia Immaculata, and the Brown Scapular Confraternity. What about all of you?
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Third Order Carmelite, Militia Immaculata, Auxiliary of the Legion of Mary, Confraternity of the Precious Blood, Rosary Confraternity, and all five Confraternities of the Fivefold Scapular. Former member of the KoC and the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine (when I was a CCD teacher).
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

I am a member of the Confraternity of the Rosary.
I'm a member of the Rosary Confraternity, Militia Immaculata, the Brown Scapular Confraternity, the Sodality of Saint Augustine, Knights of Columbus, Confraternity of Christian Doctrine. Although I'm not a member of a confraternity for it, I pray the prayers of the Confraternity of the Precious Blood's Purgatorial Society every night.

I should add some things about the second-to-last one. My parents are both converts to the Faith, who paid attention to their children in this regard. Unbeknownst to them, my education (in the hands of those CCD teachers and parochial teachers) in the seventies wasn't so great. That's a combination of the teachers, the directions they were given and gave, my own pig-headedness, et al. When I finally began to realize just how much I'd missed and missed out on, I was in my forties. As I began to learn I likewise decided that I would do my best to help kids avoid all the garbage and mistaken beliefs I endured as a child and young adult. If I can help it, all who pass through my humble class will know the Faith to the extent I can teach it to them.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
(08-11-2018, 02:58 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Who here belongs to any confraternities or similar groups such as the Knights of Columbus or a third order?

I personally am a member of the Rosary Confraternity, the Militia Immaculata, and the Brown Scapular Confraternity. What about all of you?
Peace.....I am a member of the Brothers and Sisters of Penance of St Francis and Minister of St Clare Chapter, having left the Secular Third Order Franciscans after 12 years to live the Primitive Rule 1221.  I am also in the Confraternity of the Cord located in Canada.  (was enrolled in the Brown Scapular and Mary Immaculata Militia several years ago)  

I have never heard of the Rosary Confraternity and know someone who may be interested in that.  Where is the best place to get good info regarding this confraternity?  Please and tks!  God bless, angeltime Heart
I'm a a member of the Rosary Confraternity and Brown Scapular Confraternity.
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
Holy Name Society the last 9 years.
Confraternity of Saint Peter member.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
(08-11-2018, 07:25 PM)angeltime Wrote: I have never heard of the Rosary Confraternity and know someone who may be interested in that.  Where is the best place to get good info regarding this confraternity?  Please and tks!  God bless, angeltime Heart

Here you go:

Enroll in the Rosary Confraternity

Oh, and I forgot that I also belong to the Montfort Fathers' Confraternity of Mary, Queen of All Hearts.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • angeltime
I highly recommend for everyone who isn't already a member to join the Rosary Confraternity. The only obligation are to be enrolled and to pray 15 decades of the Rosary each week not under pain of sin.

In return you get numerous opportunities for indulgences, a share in the prayers, masses, and good works of the entire Dominican order, and the special protection of Our Lady.

There's really no downside. If you forget to pray the Rosary one week you can just continue the next with no repercussions.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!