For all the Good Faithful Priests....
(08-17-2018, 02:51 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 02:16 AM)redneckpride4ever Wrote: I feel blessed that the Diocese of Manchester (NH) has never had an inkling of this. 

Be careful. When I lived in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas, back in the 'first wave' in 2002 and following, we felt the same way. It turned out our vocations director was abusing young men. What a great job for a pervert! However, he was smart. The age of consent in Kansas is 16. He was limiting himself to 'legal' prey.

Another reason that our good clergy need our support if they begin speaking up.

With the recent threads about the SSPX, it makes me wonder if one day there will be a group of decent NO clergy who begin operating outside of diocesan structures in an identical manner. 

Imagine if they get slapped with the "irregular" label despite acceptance of Vat-2 and use of the NO. Something tells me Rome wouldn't have the same leverage that they have used against the SSPX. Too many lay people would simply not care and jump ship. 

I wouldn't rule out a repeat of illicit ordination of bishops, a literal repeat of 1988. Only this time, nobody will give a hoot about the excommunications.  

Keeping people safe from sickos will carry a lot more weight than theological differences.