Exploring Byzantine spirituality
(08-17-2018, 01:56 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 11:12 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 09:22 AM)angeltime Wrote: Peace.....It seems that Vespers and Tridentine Mass draw more contemplative people.  There are others who just dont realize they have a contemplative side to their nature, because we live in such a noisy world.  God bless, angeltime :heart:

I could see that being true about the low mass...not so much with a high mass.  But then again, I've only gone to a handful in my lifetime.

It can be true for the high Mass as well. Many people seem to think they always have to be doing something or saying something at Mass. The rubrics just direct the server to say the responses, and at least most of the people’s postures and gestures are customs, not rubrics.

Personally, I prefer a low Mass. so often, at high Masses, the musicians are distracting to me.
Peace.....when I am at the Tridentine Mass, I find the music and chanting adds to my contemplation.  I love it!  I agree that because we are not caught up in the responses and make the sign of the peace "V" with our fingers as at the Novus Ordo, that we are more focused and contemplative.  God bless, angeltime :heart: