Poll: What is your philosophy?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Absolute Realist (Plato, Augustine)
42.86%
3 42.86%
Moderate Realist (Aristotle, Thomas)
57.14%
4 57.14%
Conceptualist
0%
0 0%
Nominalist (Materialist or Idealist)
0%
0 0%
Other (explain below)
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Philosophical Views
I am a I don’t know.
Ave Christus Rex!
(08-17-2018, 07:15 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Melkite ... do you realize that we've been agreeing on a number of things recently ... something must be in the water, or maybe just in the world of Ideal Forms.  :D

Haha, well, I've been returning to the faith very quickly over the past couple of months, compared to my rutting in the muck of Moralistic Therapeutic Deism and despair in previous years, so that may have something to do with it!
[-] The following 5 users Like Melkite's post:
  • Catherine, Florus, jovan66102, Sacred Heart lover, Some Guy
(08-17-2018, 07:20 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote: That’s why I asked for a brief explanation of terms. Like I said, audience awareness is important.

I almost did the same, but I think even a thorough-brief explanation of the various schools would not give us enough of a grasp of them to formulate an educated opinion.
(08-17-2018, 07:15 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: Melkite ... do you realize that we've been agreeing on a number of things recently ... something must be in the water, or maybe just in the world of Ideal Forms.  :D

Unrelated but this reminds me of something I found the other day which I thought was funny.

I can't figure out how to format it correctly.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
My Philosophy on Internet posting: is if you really, really, really, want to post it, it's probably better that you don't. And in general: after 20 years of observation of Internet geniuses, I thank God I never went to college.

Please note: this may be one of the above
(08-18-2018, 01:07 AM)Dominicus Wrote:
(08-17-2018, 07:15 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
Melkite ... do you realize that we've been agreeing on a number of things recently ... something must be in the water, or maybe just in the world of Ideal Forms.  :D

Unrelated but this reminds me of something I found the other day which I thought was funny.

I can't figure out how to format it correctly.

Easy! Right click on the picture, 'copy picture', go to reply box, right click, 'paste'!  ***ETA*** I just figured that out a week or so ago. Lots easier than saving to photobucket and using the URL!

[Image: attachment.php?aid=228]
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Dominicus, lingui5t
I'm still working on which philosophy I subscribe to.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • lingui5t
I've been subscribe to this little gem for years, and it has seen me through many a difficult situation. If that counts as a philosophy, I don't know, but here you go...

A Truthtelling Manual and the Art of Worldly Wisdom

being a collection of aphorisms which appear in the works of - BALTASR GRACIAN - of the Company of Jesus, and Reader in Holy Scriptures in the College of Tarragona

He says stuff like this...

Have helpful spirits about you. The good fortune of the mighty that they can surround themselves with men of understanding who protect them from the dangers of every ignorance...
I'm not nearly educated enough to have a say in the matter.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!