Pope Francis: Letter to the People of God (full text)
(08-20-2018, 11:20 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Howl and shake your fists! first thing disconnect your media machines then think awhile your reacting as planned and Satan laughing all the way to the bank sheesh are y'all really that dense? Can't you see a engineered plan when it's waved right in front of your faces? Keep acting the angry mob while the lord writes your sins in the sand.

Also, many who shout the loudest and point the longest are the guiltiest. 1 in 7 families have suffered sexual abuse ( statistics say, grain of salt) your going to need a pretty deep hole (burn them first, takes less room)

"Mob" implies thoughtlessness and unbridled passion. That isn't what this is. The lavender mafia has to go, period, the end, and trads have understood for decades what's been going wrong in the Church, and why, and what needs to be done to fix things.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 4 users Like VoxClamantis's post:
  • Eric F, Jeeter, karl, mpk1987
This is the most ironic thing I've ever read. I at least commend him for calling for fasting, I wasn't sure he knew that word.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
(08-20-2018, 01:23 PM)Dominicus Wrote: I at least commend him for calling for fasting, I wasn't sure he knew that word.

The version in the OP doesn't have the footnotes, but the footnote for his "invitation" to fasting is:

1 “But this kind [of demon] does not come out except by prayer and fasting” (Mt 17:21).

http://press.vatican.va/content/salastam....html#ingl

I wonder if the Church practically getting rid of fasting completely has played a part in allowing this kind of demon to set-up shop for so long...
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]
[-] The following 1 user Likes SaintSebastian's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover
Thoughts

1 - I cannot believe I read a letter from HF Francis, usually I avoid it like a Mark Shea posting (okay that was rude to Pope Francis).

2 - Calls for Prayer, Penance, and Fasting.  Wow!  That is the second time I have heard PF call for fasting, shame he didn't demand Catholics to do it on a Friday and instead meekly 'invited' us to fast.

3 - Quotes only himself, immediate predecessors, and VaticanTurd...YAWN!

3 - Disturbed by the anti-clericalism he is writing about.  Fears that this may lead to throwing the baby out with the bathwater, but letting the bathwater remain.  The priesthood and Episcopal/Presbyter authority is not to blame, f****t pedos inside the Church and weak cowardly bishops are.

4 - I wonder if the anti-Clericalism is a ploy to gain support of the people, while bending the Church hierarchy to his will.

5 - Laity are not buying Francis's speech.  The comments on EWTN are something you would see on FE.  He may go down as a very unpopular Pope, the exact opposite of what he started as.

:popcorn:
(08-20-2018, 03:56 PM)austenbosten Wrote: 5 - Laity are not buying Francis's speech.  The comments on EWTN are something you would see on FE.  He may go down as a very unpopular Pope, the exact opposite of what he started as.

I wonder what percentage of Catholics are EWTN watchers and Trads vs the average pewsitter.  

Anyone have an estimate?

Also, I have the feeling that he doesn't care if he goes down as unpopular as long as he takes the Church with him.
(08-20-2018, 03:59 PM)Sacred Heart lover Wrote:
(08-20-2018, 03:56 PM)austenbosten Wrote: 5 - Laity are not buying Francis's speech.  The comments on EWTN are something you would see on FE.  He may go down as a very unpopular Pope, the exact opposite of what he started as.

I wonder what percentage of Catholics are EWTN watchers and Trads vs the average pewsitter.  

Anyone have an estimate?

Also, I have the feeling that he doesn't care if he goes down as unpopular as long as he takes the Church with him.

vs. average pewsitter? I don't know. However, there are certainly lots of EWTN conservative NO Catholics who getting fed up with this Pope. The Remnant has even been talking about it lately (well they haven't been putting out many videos lately, but when they do) that even NO Catholics and their media are waking up to this Pope. If anything, Pope Francis is exposing the problems of the post-VII Church to Catholics beyond the trad groups.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
(08-20-2018, 04:04 PM)GangGreen Wrote:  If anything, Pope Francis is exposing the problems of the post-VII Church to Catholics beyond the trad groups.

Well, every cloud has a silver lining.
(08-20-2018, 02:46 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: I wonder if the Church practically getting rid of fasting completely has played a part in allowing this kind of demon to set-up shop for so long...

Of course it has. Its all connected. Modernism in the Church, destruction of the Mass, homosexual priests, corrupt bishops, lukewarm parishioners, the seeming omnipresence of liberalism in the world, serious lack of discipline, et cetera. All of it stems from the same roots.

It's simple, the people turned away from God so God allowed us to fall into our sins as a chastisement. The only way these problems will be solved is prayer and penance.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 3 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102, mpk1987, Some Guy
Are we allowed to fast and pray for a Catholic Pope? You know, one who would actually do something to restore sanity to the Church? And clean up the filth whilst he's at it?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
I was thinking about the warnings of Fatima and other such similar ones where Our Lady says do x or else y will happen, where y is bad things. I've read people saying that it is a way of holding the Pope or whoever hostage or extorting them. However, I can think of it in a different way. Our Lady is really saying, hey dummies, here's where the world is heading (points to all the stuff happening over the course of the 20th century and today). Do you want to avoid this? Well, if you do x, God will give the world extra ordinary graces to allow you all to overcome it. If not, then God will just allow things to unfold as they are trending and it will be really bad. Well, the let it be route was chosen and we've seen the results.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 2 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • jovan66102, mpk1987