Is this Lukewarm??
Peace.....I was in a conversation of the current events of the Church, and the individual I was speaking with seemed to be leaning in a direction of trying to convince me things are not as bad as we may think and sometimes we perceive these things all wrong until we get more facts.  I was wondering how many more facts and years on the calendar do we need??? 

Well, to a point I can understand that, but when the comment came to me that Bill Donaghue said, "really the Catholic Church only has 5% of this problem and other organizations are much higher in the statistics" referring to the abuses and homosexuality, then I got upset.  I said, "A person who has been the victim of this sort of filth, is not thinking about #'s in a statistical report!  They have been hurt for life, and it doesn't matter if they are the only person in the world, the Church deliberately did not hear them, nor did the Church respond. 

Then came the point about making the peace and keeping it, so I reminded this person, that there is such a thing as justified/righteous anger (as Jesus did himself even saying, "how long must I be with this perverse generation" & "my Father's house is a house of prayer" - to the money changers. 

I also reminded them, that St Francis, a great promoter of peace traveled (while he was ill) all the way to see and talk to the Sultan trying to put a stop to the war; he did not just sit around saying, "oh well, God will take care of it all."  We know God will, but it doesn't mean we sit on fences in the meantime!  If we are called to the carpet to lose jobs, money, friends, whatever and whomever to keep the faith alive, then so be it!  

I was completely deflated at the end of our conversation (without budging on my views), but with a strong sense this person's attitude is lukewarm, almost despondent.

God bless, angeltime :heart:
I don't know if lukewarm is the right word. Maybe willful ignorance. If people admit that there's an abuse and homosexual problem in the clergy then they have to examine how it came to be and part of that cause is lukewarmness of the post-VII church, the lack of balls from those clergy who actually do care, and of course the absolute collapse of Catholic tradition.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612
[-] The following 3 users Like GangGreen's post:
  • angeltime, mpk1987, Sacred Heart lover
(08-20-2018, 04:00 PM)GangGreen Wrote: I don't know if lukewarm is the right word. Maybe willful ignorance. If people admit that there's an abuse and homosexual problem in the clergy then they have to examine how it came to be and part of that cause is lukewarmness of the post-VII church, the lack of balls from those clergy who actually do care, and of course the absolute collapse of Catholic tradition.
Peace.....EXACTLY!   I get frustrated with all the pretty words and fuzzy wuzzy when something so serious is going on..... :heart:
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • Sacred Heart lover