Need some help
Bug 
So I hope this is the right place for this thread, if not, hopefully it will be moved to the correct place.

I gave an intro to myself  in the welcome area for those wanting a better idea of who I am.

And I guess the only way to do this is a shot gun approach and just let things piece themselves together,, what I am looking for is a way to help me better grasp or come to terms with issues I have on my mind that I have had for a while. An I guess a question to start is, were there any saints who had doubts with the Church, in any teachings in any regards ?

Next and this i know it isn't true, but I can't just agree with, I have never been able to see God in a loving light or God the Father. 

I know he is, but , if frogs had wings...  I can see Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a kind and loving light, but not God the Father....  I dont think that God does things in a way to purposely hurt, but I tend to see God the Father as extremly detached from life and has put humanity in a no win situation;  even with what Christ has done, it just appears to not be enough. 

So again I am not  really needing to give examples because it just wouldnt really change anything to try an explain my views I know my views do not mesh with the Church and I am just looking at how to build a better relationship with God, to erase this negative view I have of God the Father.

that is probably enough for now, we shall see where this goes.
(08-22-2018, 04:06 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: So I hope this is the right place for this thread, if not, hopefully it will be moved to the correct place.

I gave an intro to myself  in the welcome area for those wanting a better idea of who I am.

And I guess the only way to do this is a shot gun approach and just let things piece themselves together,, what I am looking for is a way to help me better grasp or come to terms with issues I have on my mind that I have had for a while. An I guess a question to start is, were there any saints who had doubts with the Church, in any teachings in any regards ?

Next and this i know it isn't true, but I can't just agree with, I have never been able to see God in a loving light or God the Father. 

I know he is, but , if frogs had wings...  I can see Jesus and the Holy Spirit in a kind and loving light, but not God the Father....  I dont think that God does things in a way to purposely hurt, but I tend to see God the Father as extremly detached from life and has put humanity in a no win situation;  even with what Christ has done, it just appears to not be enough. 

So again I am not  really needing to give examples because it just wouldnt really change anything to try an explain my views I know my views do not mesh with the Church and I am just looking at how to build a better relationship with God, to erase this negative view I have of God the Father.

Various things could be said, and perhaps will, but one can start us off : recall the Catholic dogma : The Trinity.

While there is a distinction between the three Persons, they are one God. Whenever God acts outside of Himself (as God) it is the entire Trinity acting.

If the Holy Ghost is inspiring or giving a grace, then the Son and Father are also. We attribute it to the Holy Ghost, but the power is that of the whole Trinity.
(08-22-2018, 04:06 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: And I guess the only way to do this is a shot gun approach and just let things piece themselves together,, what I am looking for is a way to help me better grasp or come to terms with issues I have on my mind that I have had for a while. An I guess a question to start is, were there any saints who had doubts with the Church, in any teachings in any regards ?

To your question about the saints, the answer is "no" in the sense of pertinacious or obstinate doubt.  For example, St. Teresa of Avila reported of herself that she wished to be tested via the Inquisition to find and root out any possible errors she held.  She is an example of a person who would bare her soul and her beliefs, but never say, "I have trouble believing," or, "I doubt that is true," because she manifested an understanding (like the other saints) that matters of divine and catholic faith are above reason, and still not opposed to reason.  The point is, there is nothing to doubt because there is no competing information.

About God in the person of the Father: We're not set up to fail, or in a no-win situation.  Adam's sin simply plagues humanity by Adam's fault.  Our remedy is in the Church of Christ.  Seems like the Father has set things up pretty generously to bestow adoption upon all men after what Adam lost for all men.  Some men simply decide not to partake in redemption.  We all have to defer to their judgment.  However, it's not reasonable to attribute their refusal to anything that God the Father has done.
Examine your relationship with your earthly father. Forgive if forgiveness is due.
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
(08-22-2018, 04:06 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: So I hope this is the right place for this thread, if not, hopefully it will be moved to the correct place.

Peace.....everyone is searching at this time for answers and most of all results; results that will stop this corruption of evil and abuse.  Our Heavenly Father who sees and knows all, will lower the boom when the time is ready.  In the meantime, we are to remain in prayer, being vigilant having hopeful trust in Him.  Scriptures have told us the chastisement will come upon us suddenly like labour pains and unfortunately it also says, He knows the day and the hour.  The remnant is building in the meantime, so there will be something holy and pure leftover.  Living the gospels and sacramental life are what has been left for us to cherish and survive.  God wants better than this for us, but first we must learn - some are obviously lagging behind more than others but in reality we are all limping along.  God bless, angeltime :heart:
well, this all got me to thinkn of a different thing.... instead of focusing on each little thing that is bothering me,,,  what does the Church teach we are to do, if for what ever reason one either cant understand or just doesnt agree with any aspect of Church teaching. 

Because and i dont really even know how to properly identify where I am anymore spiritually, because I know the Church and God isn't out to hurt anyone, and everything that is in place is there for our good and relationship with God...  I am not going out of my way ever to teach any one anything different than the Church says and im not a teacher either so there is that, but even still.....  I guess I can say I trust the Church, even with this scandal going on, and I mean if I wanted an excuse to leave the Church, now would be the time. But instead I am turning towards adoration... trying to persevere....   and i dunno why i asked about saints and their belief, I cant imagine if someone like Paul who murdered Christians can become a saint, then the door has to be pretty wide open for the possibility for anyone to become one... doubt or no doubt i suppose. Less someone can show me some solid proof, in writing some where that is dogma or what ever is the proper terminology. 

anyhow I am side tracking myself.

I think maybe on top of all this ,,,  I am trying to identify something I cant really put my finger on; on top of seeing some of my prayers being answered.... but seeing prayers answered, took me personally a long time to figure out for me personally, how to pray in a manner that isn't asking for something attached to an agenda.  An more over, I can look at my disabilities i am dealing with, and see how it is preventing me from taking any joy when a prayer is answered. I am thankful, but I look at my life,,, I look at how I pray for the right reasons, and I still feel completely lost, and helpless in so many ways.  Everyonce n awhile i get a lil spark of hope, but i remember not to get too excited or build that hope up because for me  more often than not, a struggle or hardship follows up really fast.

But I kind of also wonder if this suffering and pain , is maybe paying a price now so I don't have to suffer so much after death if any, and maybe that with in an of it self, is worth doing..... I just would hope one day to figure out if that is what it is... an if I figure it out I will have to post an update.

I did make an honest pact with God early in my life.... and now that I remember that , I think that has a part to play in all of this , and that might be worth a lot as well..... so far that pact has been in tact like a rock, an I am grateful. I dont really enjoy it or take any pleasure from it but I know enough to be grateful.

alright, later peeps. take care.
(08-22-2018, 07:20 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: well, this all got me to thinkn of a different thing.... instead of focusing on each little thing that is bothering me,,,  what does the Church teach we are to do, if for what ever reason one either cant understand or just doesnt agree with any aspect of Church teaching. 

Because and i dont really even know how to properly identify where I am anymore spiritually, because I know the Church and God isn't out to hurt anyone, and everything that is in place is there for our good and relationship with God...  I am not going out of my way ever to teach any one anything different than the Church says and im not a teacher either so there is that, but even still.....  I guess I can say I trust the Church, even with this scandal going on, and I mean if I wanted an excuse to leave the Church, now would be the time. But instead I am turning towards adoration... trying to persevere....   and i dunno why i asked about saints and their belief, I cant imagine if someone like Paul who murdered Christians can become a saint, then the door has to be pretty wide open for the possibility for anyone to become one... doubt or no doubt i suppose. Less someone can show me some solid proof, in writing some where that is dogma or what ever is the proper terminology. 

anyhow I am side tracking myself.

I think maybe on top of all this ,,,  I am trying to identify something I cant really put my finger on; on top of seeing some of my prayers being answered.... but seeing prayers answered, took me personally a long time to figure out for me personally, how to pray in a manner that isn't asking for something attached to an agenda.  An more over, I can look at my disabilities i am dealing with, and see how it is preventing me from taking any joy when a prayer is answered. I am thankful, but I look at my life,,, I look at how I pray for the right reasons, and I still feel completely lost, and helpless in so many ways.  Everyonce n awhile i get a lil spark of hope, but i remember not to get too excited or build that hope up because for me  more often than not, a struggle or hardship follows up really fast.

But I kind of also wonder if this suffering and pain , is maybe paying a price now so I don't have to suffer so much after death if any, and maybe that with in an of it self, is worth doing..... I just would hope one day to figure out if that is what it is... an if I figure it out I will have to post an update.

I did make an honest pact with God early in my life.... and now that I remember that , I think that has a part to play in all of this , and that might be worth a lot as well..... so far that pact has been in tact like a rock, an I am grateful. I dont really enjoy it or take any pleasure from it but I know enough to be grateful.

alright, later peeps. take care.
Peace.....Saint Paul became a Saint due to his conversion but also his repentance and sorrow for his sins - in mostly persecuting Christ and his Church.

Pain and suffering can be a great part of a prayer life; most of the saints suffered and offered it all up for the salvation of souls or conversion of others.

We really can't "figure" it out - it is God's plan and far above us and our understanding - that's what makes Him awesome!

Thank God each day for the good He gives you and pray for the strength to endure the trials.  We all share those with you.....

God bless, angeltime :heart:
(08-22-2018, 07:20 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: But I kind of also wonder if this suffering and pain , is maybe paying a price now so I don't have to suffer so much after death if any, and maybe that with in an of it self, is worth doing..... I just would hope one day to figure out if that is what it is... an if I figure it out I will have to post an update.

This page might help you: https://www.fisheaters.com/trustingingod.html
T h e   D u d e t t e   A b i d e s
[-] The following 1 user Likes VoxClamantis's post:
  • originalscreenname
Thomas doubted and he had been walking around with Christ (God himself!) for 3 years!

Ignatius doubted. Xavier doubted. 

I can't think of others at the moment, but so many had been taught the faith yet doubted anyway.

They overcame it through study, prayer and the sacraments.

Conversion is a continual process.

So persevere! :)

This is something I was given 25 years ago and have to read once a year to keep going in life.

It helps me to understand everything including how a loving God can let such bad things happen.

St. Coumbiere went into England to serve Catholics in secret and was thrown in jail where he wrote this.  Why would God allow that to happen when he was trying to do something so good and necessary?

Well, read.  It's online for free.

http://www.saintsbooks.net/books/Fr.%20J...idence.pdf
[-] The following 1 user Likes Sacred Heart lover's post:
  • originalscreenname
(08-22-2018, 07:43 PM)VoxClamantis Wrote: This page might help you: https://www.fisheaters.com/trustingingod.html

Awww...that video of the kid dropping his ice cream is so sad.  I don't see why his mom would laugh like that.   :@

From what I could read, it's a great article Vox!