Need some help
I dont disagree with you at all angel, I was just kinda curious if there was majority of a mindset that even considering that Jesus if he wanted could have had a girlfriend was some kind of scandalous , evil, blasphemous idea. and since we havent had a million people jump in on this question, and i'll use you as a thermometer on my thought here, that it probably isn't in the realm of scandalous, evil, etc, but just wasnt practical and wasn't in his plans. I just couldnt wrap my mind why anyone would would think it would be a bad thing if Jesus had decided too. But really it doesnt matter to me over all if someone does , because I would just still disagree and be back to going on with what im doing.

I appreciate the dialogue angel.
(08-28-2018, 06:33 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: I dont disagree with you at all angel, I was just kinda curious if there was majority of a mindset that even considering that Jesus if he wanted could have had a girlfriend was some kind of scandalous , evil, blasphemous idea.  and since we havent had a million people jump in on this question, and i'll use you as a thermometer on my thought here, that it probably isn't in the realm of scandalous, evil, etc, but just wasnt practical and wasn't in his plans. I just couldnt wrap my mind why anyone would would think it would be a bad thing if Jesus had decided too.  But really it doesnt matter to me over all if someone does , because I would just still disagree and be back to going on with what im doing.

I appreciate the dialogue angel.

Think about it.  At the time no man had a girlfriend.  There were virgins who were betrothed, there were espoused virgins, there were wives, there were concubines and there were whores.  Our notion of "boyfriend" "girlfriend" did not exist at that time.

Mary Magdalene is always treated by custom as a married woman with an unmentioned husband who may or may not have been adulterous.  The fact that her husband is unmentioned does lend to the notion that she had been "put away" by him. Since Our Lord's teaching regarding marriage was that to take a woman who was the wife of another, but been "put away" was adultery, to consort with Mary Magdalene as a potential wife would have been to commit adultery.

Adultery is gravely disordered, and there was no disorder in Our Lord.
[-] The following 2 users Like yablabo's post:
  • angeltime, originalscreenname
What a great insight yablabo, i never considered the context of dating in that time period. That is a very comprehensible answer for me and I greatly appreciate it. Though I still think in my alternate universe where there is dating and not as you have said, it could have been theoretically possible and not a giant issue. I also think and this is just me personally, that even still with the proper explanation you gave, that even back then a single, heterosexual male, could have feelings for a woman; now in that culture and as you have accurately explained a single male still wouldn't be allowed to willy nilly go after or court a woman he was interested in. An with those feelings the man would have to make a decision as to what to do with them and figure out in what cultural aspect he can interact with that woman and not have the wrath of society come down on him and of course not enter into adultery.

I for one do not think, that much is wrong to think Jesus would have experienced in the aspect of his humanity; and it just would have been nice if someone would have written more about it along with all the other answers to life.

And also if a frog had wings.

Peace.
Ugh , well, i am using this as my running thread / blog,just had a personal message on here from a user that i didnt appreciate and just used the ignore button for the first time. I guess it had to happen eventually.
(08-29-2018, 07:56 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: What a great insight  yablabo, i never considered the context of dating in that time period. That is a very comprehensible answer for me and I greatly appreciate it. Though I still think in my alternate universe  where there is dating and not as you have said, it could have been theoretically possible and not a giant issue. I also think and this is just me personally, that even still with the proper explanation  you gave, that even back then a single, heterosexual male, could have feelings for a woman; now in that culture and as you have accurately explained a single male still wouldn't be allowed to willy nilly go after or court a woman he was interested in. An with those feelings the man would have to make a decision as to what to do with them and figure out in what cultural aspect he can interact with that woman and not have the wrath of society come down on him and of course not enter into adultery.

I for one do not think, that much is wrong to think Jesus would have experienced in the aspect of his humanity; and it just would have been nice if someone would have written more about it along with all the other answers to life.

Peace.
Peace.....while I do believe people in all times and generations could sneek around and meet with their sweethearts, I do not believe Jesus was one of them.  I can understand that you have a sense there is more to know or more information somewhere, but I look at this too, like it is all God permitted us to know and for our own good probably.   God bless, angeltime :heart:
(08-29-2018, 08:27 PM)angeltime Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 07:56 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: What a great insight  yablabo, i never considered the context of dating in that time period. That is a very comprehensible answer for me and I greatly appreciate it. Though I still think in my alternate universe  where there is dating and not as you have said, it could have been theoretically possible and not a giant issue. I also think and this is just me personally, that even still with the proper explanation  you gave, that even back then a single, heterosexual male, could have feelings for a woman; now in that culture and as you have accurately explained a single male still wouldn't be allowed to willy nilly go after or court a woman he was interested in. An with those feelings the man would have to make a decision as to what to do with them and figure out in what cultural aspect he can interact with that woman and not have the wrath of society come down on him and of course not enter into adultery.

Peace.
Peace.....while I do believe people in all times and generations could sneek around and meet with their sweethearts, I do not believe Jesus was one of them.  I can understand that you have a sense there is more to know or more information somewhere, but I look at this too, like it is all God permitted us to know and for our own good probably.   God bless, angeltime :heart:

oh ill clarify myself a lil more angel, i didnt mean to suggest that Jesus was or would have to sneak around, just that he could have had to face those emotions and that he could have had feelings for a woman at some point in his life even with the cultural aspect and mission of his life and then have to deal with those emotions which if he did have them, he obviously did.  I hope that makes sense.
(08-29-2018, 09:01 PM)originalscreenname Wrote:
(08-29-2018, 08:27 PM)angeltime Wrote:

Peace.

oh ill clarify myself a lil more angel, i didnt mean to suggest that Jesus was or would have to sneak around, just that he could have had to face those emotions and that he could have had feelings for a woman at some point in his life even with the cultural aspect and mission of his life and then have to deal with those emotions which if he did have them, he obviously did.  I hope that makes sense.
Peace.....it does make sense - and I know you didnt mean Jesus was sneaking around; my point just being that even in those times I do believe there were romantic interludes taking place - how?  I have no idea but as I said, I really don't believe Jesus would or even have the inclination to do so - being of the divine nature.  Tks for all the chatter!  haha!!  God bless, angeltime :heart:
I kind of think that Jesus was betrothed to His bride the Church from birth.  

So I don't think he would have entertained those kinds of thoughts and feelings.
Well, I jumped on the band wagon, tossed in my two cents and signed that petition on the Popes' resignation... I hate petitions i find them to be a complete waste of time but at least I can say I didnt sit idle.

Also had to discern a letter to my bishop, on a religious experience I personally had, that I wanted some in put and clarification on or direction... which ever makes sense, and requested that he put out some kind of announcement that our local perpetual adoration needs people to fill some time slots, our local coordinator only deals with the immediate parish, why we dont have it listed on our diocese website i dunno. an some other thoughts, it was very anxious for me, I had to examine my self over a bunch of times like i normally do , find out how cringy it made me feel to go through with it and make sure i was in the right frame of mind an honest with myself in composing the letter.

After calming down i realized it was fine, so i had nothing else to do, decided to take a ride an deliver it myself, an hopefully he gets it. an maybe i'll hear back.

Did pretty good today, got some paintings done. getting ready to grab some grub.