Novus Ordo confession
(01-13-2019, 03:54 AM)In His Love Wrote: I stopped kneeling to receive Holy Communion at the OF because it felt like an EM 'fumbled' the Host around my mouth once. I'm already short when I'm standing, let alone kneeling, so he had some trouble. I always receive on the tongue, though. Thankfully I have a holy priest who understands that sort of thing and doesn't give me the stink-eye.

Since I no longer drive I have no choice but the NO. However, I always receive kneeling and on the tongue. I always get in the Priest's line, but here in the Diocese of Lincoln the only EMHCs that function at Mass are Instituted Acolytes who have been thoroughly trained. 

I did, however, get lightly socked in the jaw one day! The altar boy did not expect me to kneel, so he was putting the paten where it needed to be if I was standing. Unfortunately that was where my jaw was! LOL
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux
(01-13-2019, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 03:54 AM)In His Love Wrote: I stopped kneeling to receive Holy Communion at the OF because it felt like an EM 'fumbled' the Host around my mouth once. I'm already short when I'm standing, let alone kneeling, so he had some trouble. I always receive on the tongue, though. Thankfully I have a holy priest who understands that sort of thing and doesn't give me the stink-eye.

Since I no longer drive I have no choice but the NO. However, I always receive kneeling and on the tongue. I always get in the Priest's line, but here in the Diocese of Lincoln the only EMHCs that function at Mass are Instituted Acolytes who have been thoroughly trained. 

I did, however, get lightly socked in the jaw one day! The altar boy did not expect me to kneel, so he was putting the paten where it needed to be if I was standing. Unfortunately that was where my jaw was! LOL

They use patens in your diocese?! Wow, pretty backwards. Do many people recieve on the tongue there?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(01-15-2019, 09:37 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: They use patens in your diocese?! Wow, pretty backwards. Do many people recieve on the tongue there?

I'm not sure what percentage receive on the tongue, but it's high. Of course, it's actually encouraged. I happened to be in the Church during a First Communion rehearsal. Father explained to the children that whilst they could receive in the hand, the better and more respectful way was to receive on the tongue.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

• JacafamalaRedux
Jaca, here are a couple blog blog posts I did. The first on my personal experience, the second on the Diocese as a whole.

Being A Catholic in Wilber, Nebraska

Why Aren't Other Dioceses Looking to Lincoln?

St Bernard of Clairvaux

• JacafamalaRedux
(01-15-2019, 04:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Jaca, here are a couple blog blog posts I did. The first on my personal experience, the second on the Diocese as a whole.

Oh wow, that's pretty great. And it's one of the least densely populated states...Looks like it might be a nice place to be when the SHTF.  Where are the TLM locations?
"Not only are we all in the same boat, but we are all seasick.” --G.K. Chesterton
(01-13-2019, 11:10 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:

I did, however, get lightly socked in the jaw one day! The altar boy did not expect me to kneel, so he was putting the paten
I go to a traditional Mass, but since we are going through some renovations the alter rails are temporarily removed. I can no longer get down nor up without a bit of help. I have a "fashion" cane that I now take with me. I also bring it along if I am going to have to go to a NO, but that is rare.
(01-16-2019, 09:50 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 04:15 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Jaca, here are a couple blog blog posts I did. The first on my personal experience, the second on the Diocese as a whole.

Oh wow, that's pretty great. And it's one of the least densely populated states...Looks like it might be a nice place to be when the SHTF.  Where are the TLM locations?
AFAIK, there are only two, Lincoln and Denton, both in the Eastern part of a 400 mile long Diocese. However, many of our Priests (including our Bishop) know how to say it, and if the SHTF, I think many of them would start saying it.

Unfortunately, the Diocese isn't nearly as low in population density as the state, since the greater part of the population live in the SE corner of the state, where Lincoln and Denton are, and where I live. The really empty part is out in the Diocese of Grand Island. I have a Trad friend out there. He refuses to receive Communion in the Diocese because of the heterodoxy of the clergy. He drives into the Diocese of Lincoln to receive.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

• JacafamalaRedux
(01-16-2019, 09:24 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(01-16-2019, 09:50 AM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote:

AFAIK, there are only two, Lincoln and Denton, both in the Eastern part of a 400 mile long Diocese. However, many of our Priests (including our Bishop) know how to say it, and if the SHTF, I think many of them would start saying it.

Unfortunately, the Diocese isn't nearly as low in population density as the state, since the greater part of the population live in the SE corner of the state, where Lincoln and Denton are, and where I live. The really empty part is out in the Diocese of Grand Island. I have a Trad friend out there. He refuses to receive Communion in the Diocese because of the heterodoxy of the clergy. He drives into the Diocese of Lincoln to receive.

Ah, okay. I guess it's not my retirement spot in that case....NJ is great for Latin Masses as we have our pick. The gun laws, taxes and general cost of living, population density, etc, etc. make it less than what I really want.
(01-16-2019, 10:57 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Ah, okay. I guess it's not my retirement spot in that case....NJ is great for Latin Masses as we have our pick. The gun laws, taxes and general cost of living, population density, etc, etc. make it less than what I really want.

I didn't realise you live in NJ. The most densely populated county in the Diocese has about 1/4 of the density of NJ. Saline County, where I live about 20 minutes away from a TLM, has a density of 25/sq mi, compared to NJ's 1210/sq mi. What brings the state average down is that we have several counties, out in the Sand Hills in the Diocese of Grand Island, that have less than 1,000 population. They have a density of less than 1/sq mi. Of course, you might have to drive 100 miles for even an NO Mass. Years ago, the C&SH applied for a job teaching out there. She didn't get it, but I checked, and the nearest Mass was at the mission on the Sioux Indian Reservation in South Dakota, about 80 miles away. Pretty desolate out there.

And all those other things? Nebraska is miles and miles better than NJ! Come on out! We need more Trads!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

• JacafamalaRedux