You Know What Grinds my Gears !?
Star 
Yes I stole the title from Family Guy,

An I was thinking with in regards to Pope Francis ,   and what is bothering me and is probably bothering a lot of people, is his stubborn stance on silence on his role in the problem and the problem in general.  

If he doesn't want to step down, so be it. If the church militants don't want to step down, and quote canon law and pretend that all popes are divine and holy, and hand picked by God himself, fine.

But if the Pope really did mess up, then tell me please how stubborn and guilty does one have to be to actually stay silent and just hope it disapears through being silent.  At least have the gumption to stand up and say, This is what I did, this is why I did it, in hind sight I can see I made a bad decision and I will have to suffer the consequences for my decisions, it is time to rebuild the Church.

Holy friggin cow please someone tell me why is that much too much to ask for from the pope and anyone involved ? Why does not only the lay people and the victims of these crimes, and also really the entire world, not deserve that much of an acknowledgment and an answer ?

And you want a kicker ? Buckle up boys and girls.

Just give it a minute to think here... an then lets scroll down.

Bill Clinton.

Want me to go further ? I shouldn't have to.  The President of the United States of America got caught being a scuz bag.  He lied and faced impeachment proceedings , he finally after being caught at the least had the courage to say yup I did it. Sorry. An we all know he wasn't sorry, if he was, he wouldn't of lied in the first place.  But he recovered and continued being our president.

An I am in no way shape or form a democrat supporter.  I served in the Army under Bill Clinton and I personally was impacted by his poor military leadership. An so was the military over all. But that is for another time.

I am also now , not under the flag of calling for Pope Francis to resign, not out of any love for the pope or the papacy, but because I know it is a waste of time. His and everyones true colors are being shown that are involved, they are the ones who have to live with their actions and thankfully, Clergy are not the ones who souly make up the  Church.
Peace.....Lucifer was cast out of heaven because of his jealousy and pride.  The hierarchy sorry to say, from my years of observing have grown too big, self-reliant, unsupervised, having delusions of grandeur and separated themselves too much from the little people - the ones who pray and pay.  Of course they are not all like this, but for the most part we are finding out the majority are!  The others are either stuck in it or slowly conforming.  I think they are now realizing there ARE holy laity who will come forth and defend the Church and more in numbers than they ever thought.  
Even though Church and State became separate to ensure we would not be told which Church to attend, which day to keep as our worship day - fine, but this has nothing to do with that at all - these are moral issues, as well as crimes, and corruption well beyond and out of the scope of what Jesus taught and left for us!  We would be upset of any crimes being secretly committed and documented and paid off in hush money taking place in any building - not just the Vatican!  However as Catholics we have to stick together in prayer, fasting and penance as well as signing the petitions to keep people safe in the Church.  It will be a very sad time, if these guys do not step down; many are talking of leaving altogether because that will just increase the mistrust, anger and disgust.
:heart: God bless, angeltime
[-] The following 1 user Likes angeltime's post:
  • originalscreenname
funny you mentioned angel in your last part, about talk about leaving the Church, my pastor at my parish oddly to me, did mention that there is talk among clergy from bishops and priests about leaving the church. but it was hard to understand him because he has a very hard accent that is so so hard to understand so i only caught bits and pieces but the end was to be steadfast and not to give up. Which I for one am not. and i agree with you as well. But on my part, I am not doing someones penance for them, I am already struggling as it is and fighting to keep my faith as I am now. and as a waste of time as i feel it is signing a petition, I will at the very least do that. I got some things going on at the moment but i will get to it. so ya turned my mind around on that much angel. i am going to have give my Bishop an ear full in a moment in an email, I know he will get it too. so that is pretty cool. a respectful ear full of course.

peace.
(08-29-2018, 05:07 PM)originalscreenname Wrote: funny you mentioned angel in your last part, about talk about leaving the Church, my pastor at my parish oddly to me, did mention that there is talk among clergy from bishops and priests about leaving the church. but it was hard to understand him because he has a very hard  accent that is so so hard to understand so i only caught bits and pieces but the end was to be steadfast and not to give up. Which I for one am not. and i agree with  you as well.  But on my part, I am not doing someones penance for them, I am already struggling as it is and fighting to keep my faith as I am now. and as a waste of time as i feel it is signing a petition, I will at the very least do that. I got some things going on at the moment but i will get to it. so ya turned my mind around on that much angel.  i am going to have give my Bishop an ear full in a moment in an email, I know he will get it too. so that is pretty cool.  a respectful ear full of course.

peace.

Peace.....I am aware of priests who have left for the Orthodox Church - actually, when we think of it - this can be quite a slap in the face after you have studied for years to become a priest and you simply want to live out your vocation in simplicity and honesty - not surrounded by "who is who" all the time.  On the other hand, we are expected to be Martyrs (if God calls us to be one) and also defenders of the Church.  Leaving is a very personal discernment and decision - not to follow the crowd - but to have a conviction after discernment and prayer of course.  God bless, angeltime :heart: