American Circumcision
(01-13-2019, 09:48 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Why do you ask why?

Curiosity. You had the option to not have part of your son's penis cut off, but opted to have it done regardless. I'm just curious what the reasoning could be.
~Your local humanitarian snowflake™ with the most noble of spirits.
(01-11-2019, 11:47 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-10-2019, 11:05 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: If God could've demanded it of the Jews, how bad could it possibly be?  Hopefully not too bad, we had our boy circumcised.

The form that God commanded only removed the skin that extended beyond the tip of the glans.  While this is still the most sensitive part of the penis, and still would have drastically reduced the amount of sensitivity the boy could experience as an adult, he would have grown up to have a largely intact frenulum, which is the second most sensitive part.

All boys are born with the foreskin attached to the head of the penis by a membrane.  It does not separate on its own until later in childhood.  Doctors must use a metal probe to separate this membrane in order to perform a modern circumcision (mohels use their fingernail), since they not only cut the skin off beyond the glans, but all the skin covering the head as well.  Imagine a probe being inserted underneath your fingernail to detach it from the flesh beneath.  This is the first part of the torture your boy experienced.

Then, because the additional skin modern circumcisers are cutting off, circumcision cuts through a major vein and artery.  In order to prevent the boy from bleeding to death from the procedure, the skin must be crushed between two metal plates in order to seal off the veins.  Ever pinch your fingertips or lips in between something hard?  Imagine that for 5-10 minutes.  This is the second part of the torture your boy experienced.

Much more infrequently, some doctors will remove all the frenulum (the sensitive underside that, on circumcised men, extends from the circumcision scar into the notch in the head) after crushing and amputating the foreskin.  If it is removed, this is usually cut off with scissors and then stitched shut.  For those poor boys who even have their frenulum removed, they will only be able to experience the bare minimum of sexual pleasure (the full breadth of which God designed him to be able to experience, mind you).  Their experience of sexual pleasure in their entire marital life will effectively be like reading braille compared to seeing in a full spectrum of color.  Yet, presumably like Bonaventure, they will never know anything more than braille, so they will think they are unharmed.  In fact, they'll even think their ability to read braille is pretty awesome and satisfactory!

Modern circumcision is nothing like Abrahamic circumcision.  Modern circumcision is undeniably an invention of Satan.  It is cruel, torturous and extreme child abuse.  Quite frankly, I can't conceive a way in which your pool buddy is not lying to you.  While I have my own reservations about Abrahamic circumcision, it at least can be said to not have been torture to the child it was performed on.

Gracious. Well, it never bothered my husband, thank God. 30 years later, he hasn't had to find the warranty. That's all I can tell you. I am sorry for any and all those who've had any difficulties. I really am that is awful.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
(01-13-2019, 09:52 PM)Emblemfan Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:48 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Why do you ask why?

Curiosity. You had the option to not have part of your son's penis cut off, but opted to have it done regardless. I'm just curious what the reasoning could be.

Because it worked for his father. What the heck do I know about these things? What is this, anyway? Some kind of interrogation?
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
Ugh, not another one of these stupid f***ing threads about bloody circumcision.  Look most nations do not circumcise and it is a particularly an Anglo-American thing and recent; it's not necessary, but does have certain benefits.

But please, let's not go off the rails and act like this is up there with abortion.  Men are able to enjoy sex with or without a foreskin, is it unnecessary, I'm going to agree with much of the pediatrician organizations (including US) who say routine infant circumcision is not necessary, but please Foreskin Fanatics...it's not FGM, it's not abortion, it's not rape, it's not murder.

[Image: pkXIb81.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • CatholicWoman, JacafamalaRedux
(01-13-2019, 10:18 PM)austenbosten Wrote: But please, let's not go off the rails and act like this is up there with abortion.  Men are able to enjoy sex with or without a foreskin, is it unnecessary, I'm going to agree with much of the pediatrician organizations (including US) who say routine infant circumcision is not necessary, but please Foreskin Fanatics...it's not FGM, it's not abortion, it's not rape, it's not murder.

Circumcision is not as bad as abortion.

Circumcision is not as bad as murder.

Circumcision is ethically and morally just as bad as FGM.  Most women are still able to enjoy sex if they've have their genitals mutilated.  Infibulation does not make up the majority of FGM cases.

Circumcision is worse than rape.  Rape usually doesn't have any permanent, irreversible effects.
(01-13-2019, 09:57 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Because it worked for his father. What the heck do I know about these things? What is this, anyway? Some kind of interrogation?

You posted in a thread about circumcision that you circumcised your son, it's not an interrogation to try and discuss it with you right?
(01-13-2019, 10:18 PM)austenbosten Wrote: but please Foreskin Fanatics...

Calling people who oppose circumcision "Foreskin Fanatics." Never change, austen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Emblemfan's post:
  • Melkite
(01-13-2019, 10:30 PM)Melkite Wrote: Circumcision is worse than rape.  Rape usually doesn't have any permanent, irreversible effects.

Gee I'd love to hear you say that to a room full of rape victims and see the reaction.

What a stupid and insensitive remark.

You can get HIV, countless STDs, a baby, let's not forget the psychological damage and PTSD. There are permanent and irreversible effects with rape.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • CatholicWoman, In His Love
(01-13-2019, 10:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Gee I'd love to hear you say that to a room full of rape victims and see the reaction.

You can get HIV, countless STDs, a baby, let's not forget the psychological damage and PTSD.  There are permanent and irreversible effects with rape.

Oh, I'm sure I'd get screamed and hollered at, just like I would by the feminists that scream and holler at us for having the audacity to compare FGM to circumcision, thereby supposedly hijacking the conversation they deigned was only supposed to be about women.  

Those are a lot of scare statistics you've got there.  How many rapes actually result in HIV, other stds and pregnancies?  If one of the rare instances of rape result in something permanently and irreversibly bad, yeah, I'll concede that that is equally bad to circumcision.  The majority of rapes are not, and I'm willing to die on that hill.

In order to get sympathy you've got to give it.  You have a right to your opinion on the circumcision issue, but your entire delivery of it, beginning years ago, has been stupid and insensitive.
(01-13-2019, 11:27 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 10:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: Gee I'd love to hear you say that to a room full of rape victims and see the reaction.

You can get HIV, countless STDs, a baby, let's not forget the psychological damage and PTSD.  There are permanent and irreversible effects with rape.

Oh, I'm sure I'd get screamed and hollered at, just like I would by the feminists that scream and holler at us for having the audacity to compare FGM to circumcision, thereby supposedly hijacking the conversation they deigned was only supposed to be about women.  

Those are a lot of scare statistics you've got there.  How many rapes actually result in HIV, other stds and pregnancies?  If one of the rare instances of rape result in something permanently and irreversibly bad, yeah, I'll concede that that is equally bad to circumcision.  The majority of rapes are not, and I'm willing to die on that hill.

In order to get sympathy you've got to give it.  You have a right to your opinion on the circumcision issue, but your entire delivery of it, beginning years ago, has been stupid and insensitive.

These foreskin posts are outrageous and are based in emotion rather than logic or fact. Circumsicion in no way compares to the horrors of abortion, rape, murder, etc. 

I seriously feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading these comments. This is a CATHOLIC forum, right? Murder, rape, abortion are horrible sins, atrocities! Snipping some skin off a penis IS NOT. It's a simple medical procedure. It was part of a Covenant with God in the Old Testament. It is not this evil you make it out to be.

Try and think about those who endured actual trauma and suffering before you write your follow up comment. Your words are very hurtful.