American Circumcision
(01-14-2019, 12:39 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: These foreskin posts are outrageous and are based in emotion rather than logic or fact. Circumsicion in no way compares to the horrors of abortion, rape, murder, etc. 

I seriously feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading these comments. This is a CATHOLIC forum, right? Murder, rape, abortion are horrible sins, atrocities! Snipping some skin off a penis IS NOT. It's a simple medical procedure. It was part of a Covenant with God in the Old Testament. It is not this evil you make it out to be.

Try and think about those who endured actual trauma and suffering before you write your follow up comment. Your words are very hurtful.

Hi CatholicWoman.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone that so many people in this country think this is a non-issue, no big deal, and not a trauma.  I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when people say this is not an atrocity, and believe a loving God could ever have commanded this.  If God really required this, after going to the trouble of designing boys uncircumcised, then we truly live in the twilight zone.

Please watch this video.  Make sure you turn the volume up some.  When you're done, tell me that this isn't an atrocity, that this isn't as bad as rape, and that isn't the work of Satan himself. 

(01-14-2019, 02:09 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 12:39 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: These foreskin posts are outrageous and are based in emotion rather than logic or fact. Circumsicion in no way compares to the horrors of abortion, rape, murder, etc. 

I seriously feel like I'm in the twilight zone reading these comments. This is a CATHOLIC forum, right? Murder, rape, abortion are horrible sins, atrocities! Snipping some skin off a penis IS NOT. It's a simple medical procedure. It was part of a Covenant with God in the Old Testament. It is not this evil you make it out to be.

Try and think about those who endured actual trauma and suffering before you write your follow up comment. Your words are very hurtful.

Hi CatholicWoman.

I feel like I'm in the twilight zone that so many people in this country think this is a non-issue, no big deal, and not a trauma.  I feel like I'm in the twilight zone when people say this is not an atrocity, and believe a loving God could ever have commanded this.  If God really required this, after going to the trouble of designing boys uncircumcised, then we truly live in the twilight zone.

Please watch this video.  Make sure you turn the volume up some.  When you're done, tell me that this isn't an atrocity, that this isn't as bad as rape, and that isn't the work of Satan himself. 

You insult God by saying what you did. He not only is a loving God, He is Love itself. I urge you to learn more about Catholicism and God and focus less on circumcision and penises.

Btw, I've been to hospitals and witnessed in person babies cry the most awful blood curdling screams when they recieve something as simple as a blood test. That doesn't mean blood tests are evil. That is flawed logic and, from the sounds of it, blasphemous as well. And With proper numbing agents, a baby wouldn't even feel a circumsicion.

I wish you the best and I hope you find peace with God. You are in my prayers.
(01-13-2019, 11:27 PM)Melkite Wrote: Oh, I'm sure I'd get screamed and hollered at, just like I would by the feminists that scream and holler at us for having the audacity to compare FGM to circumcision, thereby supposedly hijacking the conversation they deigned was only supposed to be about women.  

Those are a lot of scare statistics you've got there.  How many rapes actually result in HIV, other stds and pregnancies?  If one of the rare instances of rape result in something permanently and irreversibly bad, yeah, I'll concede that that is equally bad to circumcision.  The majority of rapes are not, and I'm willing to die on that hill.

In order to get sympathy you've got to give it.  You have a right to your opinion on the circumcision issue, but your entire delivery of it, beginning years ago, has been stupid and insensitive.

Rape is not a feminist thing Melkite, men get raped as well and I'm sure they would beat your *ss for saying something so asinine.  Your claim that circumcision is worst or at least similar to rape is one of the most outrageous and insensitive things said on here.

I don't need your sympathy, you need mine, and many others, if you wish to overturn this century-long practice; and making outrageous emotional remarks, making stupid comparisons, and using backwards logic is not going to win anyone over to your side.
(01-14-2019, 02:27 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: You insult God by saying what you did. He not only is a loving God, He is Love itself. I urge you to learn more about Catholicism and God and focus less on circumcision and penises.

Btw, I've been to hospitals and witnessed in person babies cry the most awful blood curdling screams when they recieve something as simple as a blood test. That doesn't mean blood tests are evil. That is flawed logic and, from the sounds of it, blasphemous as well. And With proper numbing agents, a baby wouldn't even feel a circumsicion.

You likely haven't heard screams like that.  Or maybe this video is just a bad example?  I've heard from several different mothers that they never hear babies scream like that for anything else.

I see, like everyone else, you have to ignore the conundrum of why God would create boys uncircumcised in the first place, just to put them through the torture of circumcision.

With proper drugs, we can make rape victims not feel what is happening to them.  The majority of abortions in this country take place when the baby's brain isn't developed enough yet to perceive pain.  Surely you can see that taking away pain doesn't make an act any less evil.
(01-14-2019, 07:23 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Rape is not a feminist thing Melkite, men get raped as well and I'm sure they would beat your *ss for saying something so asinine.  Your claim that circumcision is worst or at least similar to rape is one of the most outrageous and insensitive things said on here.

I don't need your sympathy, you need mine, and many others, if you wish to overturn this century-long practice; and making outrageous emotional remarks, making stupid comparisons, and using backwards logic is not going to win anyone over to your side.

Where rape and circumcision are similar: the victim's consent is taken away; the victim is powerless; the act is brutal; removes the person's autonomy; treats them as if they are garbage to be used towards someone else's end.

Where rape and circumcision aren't similar: rape doesn't make its victim a lifelong amputee; rape itself doesn't cause death (at least 100 a year from blood loss, upwards of 2500 year if the link to SIDS bears out).

I wasn't asking for your sympathy. I know from our previous discussions that you're incapable of giving it on this issue.  Some people are responsive to a calm, logical discussion.  Others have their heads so deep in their asses that insulting them is the only thing that may get through to them, if anything can.  I was speaking of feminists who would demand I be sympathetic to their cause while ridiculing mine.

I would not go up to a random rape victim and tell them out of the blue that what happened to me is worse.  But, if someone minimized what happened to me, telling me that that there are more important things I should be concerned about, or that others have it worse (as if to say I shouldn't be upset by this at all) that's when I start to point out the same could be said to them.
(01-14-2019, 09:07 AM)Melkite Wrote: I wasn't asking for your sympathy. I know from our previous discussions that you're incapable of giving it on this issue.  Some people are responsive to a calm, logical discussion.  Others have their heads so deep in their asses that insulting them is the only thing that may get through to them, if anything can.

Apologises for insulting you then because calm and logical discussion doesn't work with you on this topic.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
(01-14-2019, 09:29 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Apologises for insulting you then because calm and logical discussion doesn't work with you on this topic.

My argument is entirely logical.  You just don't, or won't, see it for some reason.

See, we can dance around that tree all day long.
(01-14-2019, 08:46 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 02:27 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: You insult God by saying what you did. He not only is a loving God, He is Love itself. I urge you to learn more about Catholicism and God and focus less on circumcision and penises.

You likely haven't heard screams like that.  Or maybe this video is just a bad example?  I've heard from several different mothers that they never hear babies scream like that for anything else.

I see, like everyone else, you have to ignore the conundrum of why God would create boys uncircumcised in the first place, just to put them through the torture of circumcision.

With proper drugs, we can make rape victims not feel what is happening to them.  The majority of abortions in this country take place when the baby's brain isn't developed enough yet to perceive pain.  Surely you can see that taking away pain doesn't make an act any less evil.

It's not torture. It's a snip of skin. 

Are you asking me why God decided to use circumcision in a Covenant with man in the Old Testament? Well that would probably be a good answer for your priest, as I'm not a Bible expert, but I do know he didn't do it to "torture" us. It was an honor, a bond. It was a GOOD thing, not evil.

You appear to struggle with the idea of evils existing in this world and why God allows them, which leads you to blaspheme terribly on this forum. Perhaps you should talk to your priest about this. Maybe it will help you work through this foreskin fixation.
So sorry you have to deal with this CatholicWoman.

All I have to say is God is love and the world is unfortunately lacking in this age.

God Bless

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • CatholicWoman
(01-14-2019, 10:11 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 09:29 AM)austenbosten Wrote: Apologises for insulting you then because calm and logical discussion doesn't work with you on this topic.

My argument is entirely logical.  You just don't, or won't, see it for some reason.

See, we can dance around that tree all day long.

It's not, and others on here have said so.

You cannot compare an event that millions of "victims", as you are wont of saying, have endured, which none have any cognitive memory of, and most are not upset over, to an event that most remember and suffer from PTSD and are universally upset over and call that logical.

And you aren't even comparing, you are saying one is worse than the other.

[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • CatholicWoman