American Circumcision
(01-14-2019, 12:22 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 11:43 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: It sounds like there is a lot more to that dream than the concept of circumsicion. Have you ever talked to a priest or therapist about these things? I really do hope you can get this all sorted and have peace of mind and peace with God. I wish you the best, but I'm afraid the answers  and healing you are looking for will not be found on this forum.

I have.  They just assumed I must have been molested as a very young child.  Which I guess is technically possible (certain if we're counting my circumcision).  But if something did happen, I've completely blocked it out, and I'm not able to think of anyone my parents knew at the time that it could have been, or would have had the opportunity to be.

It's insulting to present a very real sexual trauma with multiple details that strongly match the details of the dream, but for the actual trauma to be dismissed and be told the cause is probably something else that likely never happened (not you, the priests and therapists).

It sounds like they are trying to help you as best as they can and find the root of your pain and unhappiness. You admit that it's possible you were molested (not referring to the circumcision). Maybe it would be beneficial to talk about this possibility in more depth with a priest or therapist. I know it may be an aggravating, uncomfortable topic, but maybe talking about it will help you find closure.

When/if you chose to talk to them, also maybe try to figure out a plan to foster happiness and peace in your life now, regardless of what has happened in the past.

Trauma is a tough beast to concur, but it really can be tamed. Ask God to guide your journey. Put your strength and faith completely in Him. And don't be afraid to ask the people in your life for help.
Thumbs Up 
Some history--One can never be too rich or too thin or have too much foreskin 

Happy Hanukkah 
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
(01-14-2019, 11:29 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: Why are you so obsessed with penises?

Quote: ...focus less on...penises.

Come on, I mean you're about as subtle as a train wreck. Implying that people who care about the suffering of baby boys are gay and obsessed with penises is pretty pathetic, especially considering the history of circumcision as a Jewish practice. Imagine just for a second that I called you a lesbian because you cared about the suffering women face from rape. Not comparing the two, don't pretend like that's what I'm saying, just focus on the point I'm trying to make.
~Your local humanitarian snowflake™ with the most noble of spirits.
(01-14-2019, 11:30 PM)Emblemfan Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 11:29 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: Why are you so obsessed with penises?

Quote: ...focus less on...penises.

Come on, I mean you're about as subtle as a train wreck. Implying that people who care about the suffering of baby boys are gay and obsessed with penises is pretty pathetic, especially considering the history of circumcision as a Jewish practice. Imagine just for a second that I called you a lesbian because you cared about the suffering women face from rape. Not comparing the two, don't pretend like that's what I'm saying, just focus on the point I'm trying to make.

I never said anything about anyone being gay... I actually wasnt even thinking that when I wrote that. I legitimately am curious why men on threads like these are so completely obsessed with their penises and foreskins. And yes, there are men who are obsessed and it may have nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

Way to call me gay by the way for caring about people affected by the heinous sins of murder, abortion and rape. And I never even said WOMEN affected by those things, I said all people, including MEN.

I am not a feminist and I despise the feminist movement.  I equally despise male activist movements. They are both sexist, hateful and divisive. I will not let you characterize me as identifying as either of these types of people. I am a Catholic woman who loves God and loves her fellow humans, be they male or female.
(01-14-2019, 11:49 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I never said anything about anyone being gay... I actually wasnt even thinking that when I wrote that. I legitimately am curious why men on threads like these are so completely obsessed with their penises and foreskins. And yes, there are men who are obsessed and it may have nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

Way to call me gay by the way for caring about people affected by the heinous sins of murder, abortion and rape. And I never even said WOMEN affected by those things, I said all people, including MEN.

First of all yes you were, no one buys that you weren't implying that people who oppose circumcision are gay. If they do they're just white knighting on your behalf. You were pulling some Freudian nonsense. I know it because you're not the only one who does it to people who care about the suffering of men and boys.

Second, reread what I said:

Quote:Imagine just for a second that I called you a lesbian because you cared about the suffering women face from rape.

I was calling you out.
I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.  :cry:
(01-15-2019, 12:07 AM)Emblemfan Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 11:49 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I never said anything about anyone being gay... I actually wasnt even thinking that when I wrote that. I legitimately am curious why men on threads like these are so completely obsessed with their penises and foreskins. And yes, there are men who are obsessed and it may have nothing to do with homosexuality at all.

First of all yes you were, no one buys that you weren't implying that people who oppose circumcision are gay. If they do they're just white knighting on your behalf. You were pulling some Freudian nonsense. I know it because you're not the only one who does it to people who care about the suffering of men and boys.

Second, reread what I said:

Quote:Imagine just for a second that I called you a lesbian because you cared about the suffering women face from rape.

I was calling you out.

I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.
(01-15-2019, 12:09 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.  :cry:
I too am starting to feel the same way as I just joined as well. I can't believe some of the comments in various threads. Some people have forgot what being Christian is about.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
(01-15-2019, 12:10 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.

Awe. I mean I just looked at your post history and this is basically the only thread you've posted in, and the only "insults" you've received would be me calling you out, which weren't insults. But if you really can't handle that, maybe you're right.
The thread is exhausting
[-] The following 1 user Likes CatholicWoman's post:
  • JacafamalaRedux