American Circumcision
(01-15-2019, 12:12 AM)SeeTheLight Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:09 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.  :cry:
I too am starting to feel the same way as I just joined as well. I can't believe some of the comments in various threads. Some people have forgot what being Christian is about.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

You are so right. I used to be on Catholic Answers Forums but I wanted something that directed toward the faith more. I was hoping I would find that here. But I dont think I will.
(01-15-2019, 12:18 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:09 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.  :cry:
I too am starting to feel the same way as I just joined as well. I can't believe some of the comments in various threads. Some people have forgot what being Christian is about.

You are so right. I used to be on Catholic Answers Forums but I wanted something that directed toward the faith more. I was hoping I would find that here. But I dont think I will.
Me too.

God Bless

"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
(01-15-2019, 12:13 AM)Emblemfan Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:10 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote: I am a new member to fisheaters and so far, I've been insulted a lot. I was hoping this site was very Catholic based and would help me grow in my faith. But it doesn't appear to be what I expected. Perhaps I won't fit in here.

Awe. I mean I just looked at your post history and this is basically the only thread you've posted in, and the only "insults" you've received would be me calling you out, which weren't insults. But if you really can't handle that, maybe you're right.

Well, I guess I can't handle it then. I was just trying to help.
(01-15-2019, 12:18 AM)CatholicWoman Wrote:

@CatholicWoman & @SeeTheLight

Please don't take this as a cue to leave FE.  There are a lot of good resources and people on here (including Emblemfan and Melkite).  Unfortunately there are some topics where people are so zealous about, that charity is the first causality.  It is precisely why I hate this topic (and particularly a few others that I cannot recall off the top of my head), because the battle lines have already been drawn and it's just nothing more than a p*ssing match.  I'm sure you have experienced such stuff on CAF like "women and pants" threads.  Unfortunately being a trad does not protect people from being rude, and such "controversial" topics will be reduced to such slug fests like this.

My advice is to look on other threads than this one.  This topic fleshes out (hehe pun :D) the same way.  The protectors of the precious prepuce, will go all in with nukes and guns ablazin' and this thread either dies out (because no one wants to deal with them ---notice it's just us writing now?) or it is shut down by a moderator because of what we are seeing now.  No healthy discussion, just nonsense and insults.

Which is why I groaned when I saw this thread.

So please don't leave the forum, just leave this thread and let it die the same death it always dies.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Ok.  I will never deny I'm zealous about this topic.  Wouldn't you be if you believed millions of boys are being harmed by the practice? The reason this topic has to keep coming up is because comments like this are made:

Quote:I legitimately am curious why men on threads like these are so completely obsessed with their penises and foreskins.

Uh, no. We're not obsessed with our penises.  We may be a little obsesed with human rights.  Like, imagine how you'd accuse me of being stupid and insensitive if I said women opposed to FGM were just obsessed with their clitorises.  For CatholicWoman, I'm sorry you're incapable of seeing altruism in a desire to protect children from having their bodies mutilated, even if you don't agree yourself that it's worth anybody's time.  But your lack of comprehension does not a penis obsession in us make.  And Austen, if you're so frustrated by these threads, why don't you just ignore them?  Your first comment in all of them is 'Look at me!  I'm here to groan about how stupid and frivolous I think this is." Like, do you notice how I, and most others, don't comment on topics that I don't have any real interest in or have any real contribution to make?
(01-15-2019, 07:52 AM)Melkite Wrote: And Austen, if you're so frustrated by these threads, why don't you just ignore them?  Your first comment in all of them is 'Look at me!  I'm here to groan about how stupid and frivolous I think this is." Like, do you notice how I, and most others, don't comment on topics that I don't have any real interest in or have any real contribution to make?

Because of what has just transpired. This topic, like women and pantaloons, or conspiracy theories always comes up and the same crap is shoveled. It's boring bc it's been done to death.

This is probably my last post on this thread bc i have already said my piece and expressed my distaste for this topic. There really is nothing more to say.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
Well, just know that it's going to continue to be done to death until circumcision is no longer a common practice.
(01-13-2019, 10:41 PM)Emblemfan Wrote:
(01-13-2019, 09:57 PM)JacafamalaRedux Wrote: Because it worked for his father. What the heck do I know about these things? What is this, anyway? Some kind of interrogation?

You posted in a thread about circumcision that you circumcised your son, it's not an interrogation to try and discuss it with you right?

Well, all I can say is no one expects the spanish inquisition!

Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.
[-] The following 2 users Like JacafamalaRedux's post:
  • austenbosten, Jeeter
(01-14-2019, 05:43 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote: It sounds like they are trying to help you as best as they can and find the root of your pain and unhappiness. You admit that it's possible you were molested (not referring to the circumcision). Maybe it would be beneficial to talk about this possibility in more depth with a priest or therapist. I know it may be an aggravating, uncomfortable topic, but maybe talking about it will help you find closure.

The root of my pain and unhappiness, as hard as it apparently is to believe, really is that I will live my entire life, and very possibly for all eternity, without part of my body, and no one considered how I might feel about that.  This isn't a metaphor for some deeper cause pain.  This really is it.
(01-15-2019, 10:14 AM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-14-2019, 05:43 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote: It sounds like they are trying to help you as best as they can and find the root of your pain and unhappiness. You admit that it's possible you were molested (not referring to the circumcision). Maybe it would be beneficial to talk about this possibility in more depth with a priest or therapist. I know it may be an aggravating, uncomfortable topic, but maybe talking about it will help you find closure.

The root of my pain and unhappiness, as hard as it apparently is to believe, really is that I will live my entire life, and very possibly for all eternity, without part of my body, and no one considered how I might feel about that.  This isn't a metaphor for some deeper cause pain.  This really is it.

This is textbook obsessive thought pattern. It also sounds like severe depression. I know you don't think I care, but i really am concerned for your well being. This kind of thinking is very dangerous and i was just trying to help you. But I've learned in life, you can't help someone who doesn't want help. So I guess I must bid you all farewell on this thread.

Thank you Austen for your words. But, I really am not sure if I'm going to stay on Fisheaters for long. There's a lot of toxicity here and unCatholic behavior and thought. This site puts Catholics in a very bad light and I'm very disappointed with it.