American Circumcision
[quote pid='1391451' dateline='1547569153']

[Image: 200w.webp?cid=3640f6095c3e07f02f46375351e6b154]
[/quote]

Very mature.

Wow. Just, wow.
(01-15-2019, 12:35 PM)Melkite Wrote: You're wrong that it is not a mutilation, that it is not an egregious abuse and violation of the boy's bodily integrity, that it is not comparable to FGM and that to suggest it is is stupid and insensitive.

I appreciate that you do not think it is necessary, but that simply isn't enough. Just like, I'm sure you'd agree, stopping at calling FGM unnecessary isn't enough.

You know you sound exactly like the very people you despise. You sound like a FemNazi. Agreement is not enough, you need complete and total submission to your narrow viewpoint.

Good luck with gaining supporters.

Sent from my SM-J737T using Tapatalk
(01-15-2019, 12:38 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote:  
Don't engage this person. He's just trying to create hate and misery. Very unCatholic. 

I am shocked by this forum. Where are the moderators? This place is as hateful and illogical as a Youtube comment section.

This isn't my first rodeo with Melkite. The reason there are no moderators intervening is bc FE is not a straight jacket on Free Speech and doesn't ban ppl on whim for simply being ’uncharitible’ like CAF does. Otherwise I'd be gone years ago.

You have to be really trolling or blasphemous as in saying the Church is not infallible to get censured. It's a double edged sword.

Also there are only a handful of moderators.

(01-15-2019, 12:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: You know you sound exactly like the very people you despise.  You sound like a FemNazi.  Agreement is not enough, you need complete and total submission to your narrow viewpoint.

Can there be agreement with an error?  Can we accept a ban on abortions beyond the 12th week and leave it there?

Moral evil is moral evil and it can't be tolerated.  I get that you don't agree with the level of severity I ascribe to circumcision, but you are criticizing me for both having an opinion that you think is wrong and also for treating circumcision as it logically should be if it is as serious as I believe it is.
(01-15-2019, 01:16 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:44 PM)austenbosten Wrote: You know you sound exactly like the very people you despise.  You sound like a FemNazi.  Agreement is not enough, you need complete and total submission to your narrow viewpoint.

Can there be agreement with an error?  Can we accept a ban on abortions beyond the 12th week and leave it there?

Moral evil is moral evil and it can't be tolerated.  I get that you don't agree with the level of severity I ascribe to circumcision, but you are criticizing me for both having an opinion that you think is wrong and also for treating circumcision as it logically should be if it is as serious as I believe it is.

So you do equate circumcision with abortion, which you denied earlier.

(01-15-2019, 01:21 PM)austenbosten Wrote: So you do equate circumcision with abortion, which you denied earlier.

I think if there isn't an immediate medical necessity, it's a moral evil that can't be tolerated.  Within the bubble of intolerable moral evils, I think abortion is worse (obviously).

I see them as two degrees of the same sin.  It puts to death what God created to be alive, and what God created good.  Morally, it is unacceptable to amputate a body part unless the preservation of the rest of the body is not possible by any other means.  It can't be done as an expression of culture, and it can't be done as a prophylactic.

Babies are chopped up in multiple forms of abortion.  If we're going to save babies from being chopped up before birth, it makes us look like hypocrites to say as soon as they're born, we can just start chopping parts off as long as it doesn't kill them.  That's why I think abortion is worse.  It kills the whole, rather than a part.  If you're really going to weigh whether chopping a baby up completely vs chopping this or that part off of them only, obviously the former is worse.  But even though circumcision is less serious, you're still taking part of a healthy child and putting it to death.  There is no way around that.  I don't know how that can be morally tolerable.
(01-15-2019, 12:48 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(01-15-2019, 12:38 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote:  
Don't engage this person. He's just trying to create hate and misery. Very unCatholic. 

I am shocked by this forum. Where are the moderators? This place is as hateful and illogical as a Youtube comment section.

This isn't my first rodeo with Melkite.  The reason there are no moderators intervening is bc FE is not a straight jacket on Free Speech and doesn't ban ppl on whim for simply being ’uncharitible’ like CAF does. Otherwise I'd be gone years ago.

You have to be really trolling or blasphemous as in saying the Church is not infallible to get censured.  It's a double edged sword.

Also there are only a handful of moderators.

But he has said blasphemous remarks on this thread. That should be moderated not tolerated. I dont like the way CAF handles it, but it would be nice to have someone moderate the conversation so blasphemous, anti-catholic viewpoints don't reign free. This is a Catholic site and it clearly needs Catholic guidance. Otherwise, I might as well chat with random people in YouTube comments. It would be just as pointless. Just as much a waste of time.

Allowing people to say these things gives Catholics a bad name and I dont want anything to do with that. If I weren't a Catholic and read this thread, I would never want to be a Catholic based on these absurd conversations.
(01-15-2019, 01:16 PM)Melkite Wrote:

Comparing circumcision to the evils of abortion is absolutley absurd. Any non-Catholics out there reading these things, do not let these people sully your views of Catholicism. These people do not speak for us Catholics and do not speak for the Church.

God used circumcision in a Covenant with man in the Old Testament. Therefore, the act of cutting the foreskin can not be inherently immoral. To say circumcision is an "invention is satan" which was stated previously in this thread is a blasphemous, evil statement. This is not a teaching of the Church, just a blasphemous opinion of one individual.
(01-15-2019, 02:47 PM)CatholicWoman Wrote: Comparing circumcision to the evils of abortion is absolutley absurd. Any non-Catholics out there reading these things, do not let these people sully your views of Catholicism. These people do not speak for us Catholics and do not speak for the Church.

God used circumcision in a Covenant with man in the Old Testament. Therefore, the act of cutting the foreskin can not be inherently immoral. To say circumcision is an "invention is satan" which was stated previously in this thread is a blasphemous, evil statement. This is not a teaching of the Church, just a blasphemous opinion of one individual.

I said MODERN circumcision.  Quit misquoting me for dramatic effect, Demon Harlot.

If you're looking for something more like a Catholic Taliban, you may want to try Suscipe Domine.  They'll ban you for the slightest ruffle of pious feathers there.  Your pearls will be quite safe from clutching.
And to think this thread couldn't go any lower or nastier.