Our Lady about the current crisis?
I was just reading a book about the apparition of Our Lady of Good Success in Quito, in the year 1610. The following statement by Our Lady, especially the last line, made me shiver:

"The Sacrament of Holy Orders will be ridiculed, oppressed, and despised, for in this Sacrament, the Church of God and even God Himself is scorned and despised since He is represented in His priests. The Devil will try to persecute the ministers of the Lord in every possible way; he will labor with cruel and subtle astuteness to deviate them from the spirit of their vocation and will corrupt many of them. These depraved priests, who will scandalise the Christian people, will make the hatred of bad Catholics and the enemies of the Roman Catholic and Apostolic Church fall upon all priests.

This apparent triumph of Satan will bring enormous suffering to the good Pastors of the Church, the many good priests, and the Supreme Pastor and Vicar of Christ on earth, who, a prisoner in the Vatican, will shed secret and bitter tears in the presence of his God and Lord, beseeching light, sanctity and perfection for all the clergy of the world, of whom he is King and Father. Further, in these unhappy times, there will be unbridled luxury which will ensnare the rest into sin and conquer innumerable frivolous souls who will be lost. Innocence will almost no longer be found in children, nor modesty in women. In that greatest crisis of the Church, the one who is obliged to speak in due time will remain silent!”
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite
[-] The following 1 user Likes JosefSilouan's post:
  • Markie Boy
Just curious, where's this version come from? It's different from other versions of the messages I've seen (which, unfortunately, all vary in different ways).  

Usually the only reference to the Pope as prisoner in the Vatican (if there is a reference at all), which is a reference to Pius IX, is part of a much more explicit message about him (the earthly king is Victor Emmanuel II):

"His pontifical infallibility will be declared a dogma of the Faith by the same Pope chosen to proclaim the dogma of the Mystery of My Immaculate Conception. He will be persecuted and imprisoned in the Vatican by the unjust usurpation of the Pontifical States through the iniquity, envy and avarice of an earthly monarch." 

Also, some sites have the bolded part as plural "those who should speak, will fall silent" and some have the singular. I have no idea which is correct.  Some place the events from the 19th to just after mid-20th century, some just say the revelations will become more known in the 20th century.  I'd love to see some sort of credible source for the original, because they are definitely interesting.
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]
(09-14-2018, 10:02 AM)SaintSebastian Wrote: Just curious, where's this version come from? It's different from other versions of the messages I've seen (which, unfortunately, all vary in different ways).  

Usually the only reference to the Pope as prisoner in the Vatican (if there is a reference at all), which is a reference to Pius IX, is part of a much more explicit message about him (the earthly king is Victor Emmanuel II):

"His pontifical infallibility will be declared a dogma of the Faith by the same Pope chosen to proclaim the dogma of the Mystery of My Immaculate Conception. He will be persecuted and imprisoned in the Vatican by the unjust usurpation of the Pontifical States through the iniquity, envy and avarice of an earthly monarch." 

Also, some sites have the bolded part as plural "those who should speak, will fall silent" and some have the singular. I have no idea which is correct.  Some place the events from the 19th to just after mid-20th century, some just say the revelations will become more known in the 20th century.  I'd love to see some sort of credible source for the original, because they are definitely interesting.

It's from this book:

The Story of Our Lady of Good Success and Novena (English Edition)

I found the original text: "En ese momento supremo de la necesidad de la Iglesia, ella que debe hablar, permanecerá en silencio."

It says: "She (the Church) will be silent." Which is equally fitting to the actual situation, as virtually the whole hierarchy is silent.

Prophecies always work on different levels of meaning. Pius IX' imprisonment could have prefigured other "imprisonments". In this particular apparition, the Pope is shedding tears because of the depravity of the clergy while being a prisoner of the Vatican. It just made me think about Benedict's situation during the time of his resignation.
"Cor Jesu Rex Et Centrum Omnium Cordium, miserére nobis "

“To pray is to shed blood.” - Silouan the Athonite