Chicago Parishoners Burn Rainbow Flag : Their Priest Calls For Francis' Resignation
https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...inbow-flag  According to the homosexual newspaper Windy City Times, Father Kalchik had earlier been told not to go through a public burning of the flag.

The parish priest Father John Kalchik had recently said in a homily Sept 9
What all this means is that Pope Francis is not suitable to sit on Peter's throne, as St. Peter would not permit an abuser of any sort to work as a priest, let alone an archbishop or cardinal. So I know this as a truth, as you know that I have always preached the truth to you from this very pulpit in this Church for the past 11 years. Pope Francis is now left with only one course of action to take, as all other options to restore the integrity and holiness of the Body of Christ, the Church, are gone, having been rendered meaningless and insufficient.
Pope Francis needs to issue a papal bull, that is, an edict from the throne of Peter, stating:
Quote:As of today, no ordained minister of the Church who perpetrates and/or is complicit with any and all forms of sexual abuse will be permitted to function and/or fulfill any role as deacon, priest, bishop, archbishop, cardinal or pope. All individuals who have acted with, and/or are complicit in cover-ups of this evil activity, the worship of lust, and who by their actions have demonstrated that their behavior is at odds with the Gospel of Our Lord Jesus Christ will have all their faculties to administer the Church's sacraments removed permanently. Lastly, all compensation and/or remuneration for the care of these bad ministers will end. They will have to provide for their own person after having their faculties removed, their food, lodging and healthcare. Lastly, as pope, my very last act from the Throne of Peter will be to step down as pope, as I, when cardinal-archbishop of Buenos Aires in Argentina, was complicit in covering up the sexual abuse of young men. Additionally, after I step down I advise the Universal Roman Catholic Church to refrain from elevating anyone as bishop, cardinal or pope for a period of one year, which is to be a year of purification, fasting and above all prayer. Then and only then, after all these bad men are removed, may a good priest be elevated to the throne of Peter. https://www.churchmilitant.com/news/arti...ol-of-lust

What's really surprising here, is that I'd never heard a word about Resurrection church in the Avondale area even being a little traditional oriented.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • karl
Nice. Pray that the priest is not harmed and the church not vandalized.
[-] The following 3 users Like For Petes Sake's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, Eric F, karl
As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.

As for the priest calling for Francis' resignation, bad as Francis is, and much as it would be good to get him out of that chair, it's not a priests' place to call for such. That is like the highway patrolman publicly calling for the chief of police to resign. First, the Pope is like one's Father, one does not wish his Father abdicates responsibility, but could wish that his deadbeat father take responsibility. Second, he's the subordinate of the man, so it's really not his place. Lastly, it suggests that the Pope should be subject to public opinion, even if people are right in pointing out his evil actions, democratizes the Church, which, as we can see in the East, is a serious problem.
I tend to agree, MM, but Fr Kalchik was the victim of homosexual clerical abuse. I think we can appreciate how he feels, with Francis protecting, coddling, and promoting the Perverts and their Enablers.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • austenbosten
(09-15-2018, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.

As for the priest calling for Francis' resignation, bad as Francis is, and much as it would be good to get him out of that chair, it's not a priests' place to call for such. That is like the highway patrolman publicly calling for the chief of police to resign. First, the Pope is like one's Father, one does not wish his Father abdicates responsibility, but could wish that his deadbeat father take responsibility. Second, he's the subordinate of the man, so it's really not his place. Lastly, it suggests that the Pope should be subject to public opinion, even if people are right in pointing out his evil actions, democratizes the Church, which, as we can see in the East, is a serious problem.

You can only screw people over for so long, before they begin to complain.
[-] The following 2 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • karl, MagisterMusicae
(09-15-2018, 10:55 PM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.

You can only screw people over for so long, before they begin to complain.

I'm not suggesting complaint is wrong, but despite all of the crud that the hierarchy is sending our way, we need to be careful to maintain the Catholic principles. lest the Church's constitution be the victim of this crisis.

History shows times where the Roman mob forced the Pope into acting correctly (or the Cardinals in choosing a Roman as Pope), but they were not led by priests and bishops in doing so, at least not openly. There's a very fine line here, and we have to be super careful with it, lest we just become tool in our righteous indignation, of the Enemy in destroying the Church.
(09-16-2018, 12:56 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:55 PM)austenbosten Wrote: You can only screw people over for so long, before they begin to complain.

I'm not suggesting complaint is wrong, but despite all of the crud that the hierarchy is sending our way, we need to be careful to maintain the Catholic principles. lest the Church's constitution be the victim of this crisis.

History shows times where the Roman mob forced the Pope into acting correctly (or the Cardinals in choosing a Roman as Pope), but they were not led by priests and bishops in doing so, at least not openly. There's a very fine line here, and we have to be super careful with it, lest we just become tool in our righteous indignation, of the Enemy in destroying the Church.

I'm pretty sure there were priests involved in the mob as well. It seems very unusual that at times when the Church forced the Pope to act correctly by ways of physical force, that somehow priests acted as Jesuits and refused to do anything but obey the Pope.

Eitherway I agree with you MM entirely. I am just saying, we have to recognize human condition and the fallacy of our actions/inactions. That is just as the Great Schism of the Medieval Era led to Nationalism, which that coupled with the Church Heirarchy's failure to recognize the threat Humanism posed upon the Scholastic-world, that eventually spark of the powder-keg which is the Protestant Revolt.

I don't know what will happen, but the failure of the Church hierarchy to recognize the brazen errors in Vatican II and its insistence to treat a non-binding Council (how is it not a universal synod, Idk) as if it was a super-Council, without realizing there is a schism in the hierarchy between those wishing to have a link with the past (hermeneutic of continuity) and those who want nothing to do with the past (hermeneutic of rupture). This schism led to the downfall of Benedict and the rise of Francis, and the failure to deal with the century-long homosexual problem has led to this current point.

I don't know what the future will hold, but I pray it leads to an end of Vatican II nonsense and nouvelle theologie, and a restoration of the Church with some sort of explanation of the traumatic events of the past 50 years.
[-] The following 3 users Like austenbosten's post:
  • jovan66102, MagisterMusicae, Paradosiakos
(09-15-2018, 01:52 PM)Eric F Wrote:                                  What's really surprising here, is that I'd never heard a word about Resurrection church in the Avondale area even being a little traditional oriented.

I think that what you're seeing is those who retained their Catholic Faith through the last decades finally waking up. Michael J. Matt had a video a day or two ago titled 'We're All RadTrads Now'.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • karl
Fallout from this incident.                        

Two dozen LGBTQ activists rallied Wednesday night outside the Avondale church where a priest burned a rainbow flag last week against the orders of Cardinal Blase Cupich. https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cathol...e-scandal/

https://blockclubchicago.org/2018/09/19/...le-church/
(09-19-2018, 11:17 PM)Eric F Wrote: Fallout from this incident.                        

Two dozen LGBTQ activists rallied Wednesday night outside the Avondale church where a priest burned a rainbow flag last week against the orders of Cardinal Blase Cupich. https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/cathol...e-scandal/

https://blockclubchicago.org/2018/09/19/...le-church/

There are rumours that Stupich intends to withdraw Fr Kalchik's faculties in the Archdiocese.

And, Jimmy Martin, LGBTQSJ said that the only more 'homophobic' act he could imagine would be beating up an LGBTQXYZ person.

St Bernard of Clairvaux