Chicago Parishoners Burn Rainbow Flag : Their Priest Calls For Francis' Resignation
(09-21-2018, 11:29 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: I don't know what you're talking about ...

[Image: fixed.jpg]

This actually scared/freaks me out me. It looks like the devil from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

@jovan: Think there's an LGBT+ meaning to it? I personally don't think so ...
Unfortunately I don't have any "fun facts" about me unless being a practicing Catholic counts.

Trying to get better every day week.
(09-22-2018, 12:53 AM)GRA Wrote: @jovan: Think there's an LGBT+ meaning to it? I personally don't think so ...

Well, there's a rainbow behind him.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(09-21-2018, 06:02 AM)austenbosten Wrote:
(09-21-2018, 02:45 AM)jovan66102 Wrote: Have you seen the new official portrait of Francis with the rainbow behind him? Here for your viewing pain.

From that photo it looks like St Peters basilica is on fire.  Kinda fitting.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

According to the Book of Genesis the rainbow is a sign of God's promise to never destroy the Earth by flood again.
(09-22-2018, 02:08 AM)Poche Wrote: According to the Book of Genesis the rainbow is a sign of God's promise to never destroy the Earth by flood again.

Yep! to your Main Man, it's the symbol of his Den of Perverts! Poche, you are despicable, sickening and disgusting! Why don't you find a Papolatry forum? Maybe there's one specially for Francis worshippers like you. Wherever you go, just go the hell away!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • karl
(09-15-2018, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.

As for the priest calling for Francis' resignation, bad as Francis is, and much as it would be good to get him out of that chair, it's not a priests' place to call for such. That is like the highway patrolman publicly calling for the chief of police to resign. First, the Pope is like one's Father, one does not wish his Father abdicates responsibility, but could wish that his deadbeat father take responsibility. Second, he's the subordinate of the man, so it's really not his place. Lastly, it suggests that the Pope should be subject to public opinion, even if people are right in pointing out his evil actions, democratizes the Church, which, as we can see in the East, is a serious problem.

I tend to agree with the priest and his parishoners but we but we have to remember that the archbishop is in charge of the archdiocese. If he says no then we have to respect that. Obedience before holocausts. At various times Jesus has told his servants that if He Himself should tell them to do something and the superior says no, then He wanted that religious to obey the superior rather than Him.
(09-22-2018, 12:53 AM)GRA Wrote: This actually scared/freaks me out me. It looks like the devil from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

That's because it is ... The resemblance in the original made me instantly think of that face, so a few minutes and Photoshop ... Voilà.
(09-22-2018, 04:01 AM)Poche Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.

As for the priest calling for Francis' resignation, bad as Francis is, and much as it would be good to get him out of that chair, it's not a priests' place to call for such. That is like the highway patrolman publicly calling for the chief of police to resign. First, the Pope is like one's Father, one does not wish his Father abdicates responsibility, but could wish that his deadbeat father take responsibility. Second, he's the subordinate of the man, so it's really not his place. Lastly, it suggests that the Pope should be subject to public opinion, even if people are right in pointing out his evil actions, democratizes the Church, which, as we can see in the East, is a serious problem.

I tend to agree with the priest and his parishoners but we but we have to remember that the archbishop is in charge of the archdiocese. If he says no then we have to respect that. Obedience before holocausts. At various times Jesus has told his servants that if He Himself should tell them to do something and the superior says no, then He wanted that religious to obey the superior rather than Him.

Obedience is important, yes. Our Lord can to repair by obedience for the disobedience of Adam.

But the Obedience is a potential part of the Cardinal Virtue of Justice. Faith is a theological Virtue. So is Charity. If Faith or Charity demands one act a certain way, or if to protect our Faith we have to do something against the order of a superior, then it must be done, even if there is apparent disobedience.

That is precisely why if a priest's Archbishop told him to read an heretical statement from the pulpit or distribute immoral literature, the priest would be morally obliged to refuse.

Obedience is important, but it not the highest of the virtues.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102, karl
(09-22-2018, 07:23 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 12:53 AM)GRA Wrote: This actually scared/freaks me out me. It looks like the devil from Mel Gibson's Passion of the Christ.

That's because it is ... The resemblance in the original made me instantly think of that face, so a few minutes and Photoshop ... Voilà.

MM, I want you to know that you have given me the best laugh I have had in a good week or two.  Thank you and congratulations.
(09-22-2018, 08:18 AM)Justin Alphonsus Wrote:
(09-22-2018, 07:23 AM)MagisterMusicae Wrote:

I thought that as well.

MM, I want you to know that you have given me the best laugh I have had in a good week or two.  Thank you and congratulations.
(09-22-2018, 07:29 AM)cae Wrote: As regards the burning of the rainbow flag, I see no problem, but also worry it won't send the right message and may just foster worse attacks on Christians.
(09-22-2018, 04:01 AM)Poche Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 10:35 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: As for the priest calling for Francis' resignation, bad as Francis is, and much as it would be good to get him out of that chair, it's not a priests' place to call for such. That is like the highway patrolman publicly calling for the chief of police to resign. First, the Pope is like one's Father, one does not wish his Father abdicates responsibility, but could wish that his deadbeat father take responsibility. Second, he's the subordinate of the man, so it's really not his place. Lastly, it suggests that the Pope should be subject to public opinion, even if people are right in pointing out his evil actions, democratizes the Church, which, as we can see in the East, is a serious problem.

Obedience is important, yes. Our Lord can to repair by obedience for the disobedience of Adam.

But the Obedience is a potential part of the Cardinal Virtue of Justice. Faith is a theological Virtue. So is Charity. If Faith or Charity demands one act a certain way, or if to protect our Faith we have to do something against the order of a superior, then it must be done, even if there is apparent disobedience.

That is precisely why if a priest's Archbishop told him to read an heretical statement from the pulpit or distribute immoral literature, the priest would be morally obliged to refuse.

Obedience is important, but it not the highest of the virtues.

Before this priest was even ordained as a transitional deacon, and as a condition thereof, this priest was required to promise religious obedience to the bishop of that archdiocese and to all of his successors.
I personally tend to think that burning that flag is a good demonstration. But, if the bishop said no, then that priest committed a serious error on his part.