Russian Church No Longer Will Commemorate Bartholomew in the Liturgy
Melkite, don't you just feel privileged to have the Wise and Learned Infallible Pope Mark II explain to you that all those of his predecessors on the Throne of Peter, who declared the equality of dignity of all the Rites, East and West, just didn't know what they were talking about?
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Jeeter, Melkite
(09-24-2018, 09:39 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Melkite, don't you just feel privileged to have the Wise and Learned Infallible Pope Mark II explain to you that all those of his predecessors on the Throne of Peter, who declared the equality of dignity of all the Rites, East and West, just didn't know what they were talking about?

It is humorous.
I have resigned myself to the reality that I shall have no peace or joy should I continue to exist for eternity.  The question of deism or Christianity no longer matters.  I hope that Christianity is a farce, and that when I die, my consciousness will cease to exist.  In the meantime, I ask the Theotokos to be at my side at my judgement and ask her to intercede to, as I beg, Christ to have mercy on me and to allow me to cease to exist when I die.
I am proud of my hierarchs in the Polish Church, who have defended the canonical Church in the Ukraine.

Summary of statements by the first hierarchs of the Autocephalous Churches and a good overview of the Ukrainian situation:
http://orthochristian.com/115911.html#_ftn5 

Joint statement by the first hierarchs of the Polish and Alexandrian Churches:
https://mospat.ru/en/2018/09/22/news164129/ 

Meeting of His Eminence, my Metropolitan Sawa, with Metropolitan Hilarion of the Moscow Patriarchate to discuss the situation in the Ukraine:
https://mospat.ru/en/2018/09/24/news164185/

It seems that the Phanar bishop has little to no support in the other Autocephalous Orthodox Churches. It is no secret that the American Greek Orthodox Archdiocese is the principal source of funding for an ever-shrinking Phanar. The United States government public supports the recognition of Ukrainian "autocephaly.” You can make whatever connection you want of this logic. What I see is a vulnerable (financially, structurally, etc.) bishop taking orders from his benefactors. Why else would he isolate himself from the rest of the Orthodox world? Strategically, removing the Moscow Patriarchate from the Ukraine severs an otherwise enduring link between Russia and the Ukraine. The United States certainly wants the Ukraine to completely sever itself from Russia. It’s part of the strategy to isolate, thereby creating a "problem", then incorporate to deal with this "problem.” I can easily believe that this whole matter is simply a United States-led effort to capitalize on a modernist, crypto-papal Phanar who is at the mercy of the United States. 

Seeing how opposed the other Autocephalous Churches are to the Phanar’s actions (including Georgia, who would be a prime candidate for opposing Moscow), I’m somewhat happy that this crisis has taken place (despite what it reveals). It is my hope that this crisis finally puts the long overdue nail into the coffin of the long defunct "Ecumenical Patriarchate."