Prayers for my hermitage
Hello y'all, 

I haven't posted in a while (I am avoiding the internet as much as possible to limit my socializing with people and distracting myself from prayer etc) - although I come back often to check on prayer requests people have made - but I'd like to request a few prayers if you can spare them. My parish priest has sent my letter to our Bishop requesting that he consider accepting me as a candidate for the eremitical life. It's a long road ahead of me if he does approve me entering into the formation process - three years at least which will be spent in the convent with the local Carmelite Sisters for true formation - and another three to four years spent living as a hermit on the convent grounds before I'll be allowed to request permission to live at a very very primitive hermitage (which I am in the process of procuring at the moment). I have all my ducks in a row for leaving what I do own to some very close friends to be stewards of while I'm in formation - and they will continue to be stewards of this should I find I do truly have a vocation to eremitical life after formation. However, I have yet to find a piece of property which meets my needs (ability to dig a well or nearby (within a few miles at max) fresh running water, enough wood to hew the logs and lumber for the hermitage, and enough land to grow a garden and build a small barn to keep my Belgian for working the farm) which I can afford and which does not face the risk of being inhabited anytime soon (although not having electricity, sewers, gas, etc will make it unlikely that the property surrounding that which I do find, should I find it, will be occupied anyway  Wink ).  

Anywhoo, If you all could spare a prayer - if it's not too much trouble - that the Bishop accepts my request and that I am able to find a suitable piece of property to establish a primitive hermitage which I can afford without going into debt I would be most appreciative.

God bless you all <3
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
[-] The following 2 users Like IntoTheMystic's post:
  • dahveed, Sacred Heart lover
IntoTheMystic,
I'm adding you to my Rosary intentions.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.