Francis Refuses to Bless, Doesn't Want to Offend Non-Catholics
Well, I'm offended by his failure to give the Apostolic Blessing!

From Gloria.tv

During his day visit to Sicily on September 15, Pope Francis also met young people.

At the end, he refused to give the Pontifical Blessing allegedly in order not offend the “many non-Catholic Christians, those of other religions, and agnostics”.

Instead of a blessing, Francis prayed to the Lord to bless the youth.

If Francis truly believes in this strange argument, he needs to abolish the Catholic Faith altogether in order not to offend all the Non-Catholics who are present wherever he shows up.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 5 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, divinesilence80, karl, Paradosiakos, Zedta
Quite frankly, I wouldn't want to receive a blessing from Francis, Cupich, Tobin, McElroy, Marx, etc.
(09-15-2018, 05:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If Francis truly believes in this strange argument, he needs to abolish the Catholic Faith altogether in order not to offend all the Non-Catholics who are present wherever he shows up.

Isn't that his plan? His actions appear to demonstrate that is the case... Just sayin' Pigeons
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
[-] The following 3 users Like CaptCrunch73's post:
  • Knight Hospitaller, MagisterMusicae, Sacred Heart lover
That's not very ecumenical of him.

He could always use Pope Pius IX's blessing for Anglicans: "Ab illo benedicaris, in cujus honore cremaberis."
[-] The following 2 users Like Paul's post:
  • Paradosiakos, Sacred Heart lover
(09-15-2018, 06:10 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote:
(09-15-2018, 05:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: If Francis truly believes in this strange argument, he needs to abolish the Catholic Faith altogether in order not to offend all the Non-Catholics who are present wherever he shows up.

Isn't that his plan? His actions appear to demonstrate that is the case... Just sayin' Pigeons

I'd say he's been working it it, but the silly thing just won't die, no matter how much lead you put into it.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • CaptCrunch73, jovan66102
(09-15-2018, 09:08 PM)Paul Wrote: That's not very ecumenical of him.

He could always use Pope Pius IX's blessing for Anglicans: "Ab illo benedicaris, in cujus honore cremaberis."

I thought of that immediately! LOL

St Bernard of Clairvaux

Nothing else to say about the Vicar of Christ. Just biding my time until the next conclave and an investigation into the most recent one and a judgement upon the current and previous pontificates.

I may never know, but it would be nice to know if my suspicions were deemed true.
[-] The following 1 user Likes austenbosten's post:
  • mpk1987
(09-15-2018, 05:21 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well, I'm offended by his failure to give the Apostolic Blessing!

From Gloria.tv

During his day visit to Sicily on September 15, Pope Francis also met young people.

At the end, he refused to give the Pontifical Blessing allegedly in order not offend the “many non-Catholic Christians, those of other religions, and agnostics”.

Instead of a blessing, Francis prayed to the Lord to bless the youth.

If Francis truly believes in this strange argument, he needs to abolish the Catholic Faith altogether in order not to offend all the Non-Catholics who are present wherever he shows up.

I have known many Protestants and people of various other religions who would be very happy to receive an apostolic blessing from Pope Francis.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Poche's post:
  • mpk1987
(09-16-2018, 12:03 AM)Poche Wrote: I have known many Protestants and people of various other religions who would be very happy to receive an apostolic blessing from Pope Francis.

Most people would, which is what makes his refusal to bless them so abysmally stupid!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(09-16-2018, 12:28 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(09-16-2018, 12:03 AM)Poche Wrote: I have known many Protestants and people of various other religions who would be very happy to receive an apostolic blessing from Pope Francis.

Most people would, which is what makes his refusal to bless them so abysmally stupid!

Why does this Pope guy seemingly love to PO his own flock as he coddles to the masses of sinners? He never offers them any recompense options for their sins, only lets/encourages them to continue to wallow in it.
One should have an open mind; open enough that things get in, but not so open that everything falls out

A democracy which makes or even effectively prepares for modern, scientific war must necessarily cease to be democratic. No country can be really well prepared for modern war unless it is governed by a tyrant, at the head of a highly trained and perfectly obedient bureaucracy
Huxley

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything  
Einstein

Its no wonder truth is stranger than fiction.
Fiction has to make sense
Mark Twain
[-] The following 1 user Likes Zedta's post:
  • CaptCrunch73