The Meaning of 1 Timothy 4:1-5
You are basically saying that the Church has the authority to determine and interpret the Bible.

Are you also saying that the pope is the representative of Christ and is infallible?
(09-26-2018, 11:43 PM)crotalus97 Wrote: You are basically saying that the Church has the authority to determine and interpret the Bible.

Yes. The Church is the only authority.

That is part of the Christian Faith.

(09-26-2018, 11:43 PM)crotalus97 Wrote: Are you also saying that the pope is the representative of Christ and is infallible?

Yes. That is Biblical and also part of the Christian Faith.

The Christian Faith is the Catholic Faith. Full Stop.

Any other sect departs from the true teaching of Christ as can be shown from the Scripture, History and Tradition.

Recall that this is a Catholic forum. From the Rules :

Quote:Anyone is most welcome to participate if they will respect the sensibilities of traditional Catholics who respect the Petrine Ministry and the man who holds the office, and if they obey the forum rules. In other words, read about what is meant by "traditional Catholics" -- and don't come here to rile people who fit that description. We get smeared everywhere else; it won't happen here.

Neither interreligious debating nor attempts to "convert" us are allowed. You can ask sincere questions about traditional Catholicism in the "Apologetics & Questions about Traditional Catholicism?" forum -- but no barraging; ask a few questions at a time. If you don't want to know the answer but are trying to "score points" or "convert" us, don't bother! 
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • dahveed, jovan66102, karl
Well said, MM! The Church of Rome is the Mother and Teacher of all Churches. Those who are not taught by Rome are not of Christ's fold!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 2 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed, Dominicus
To be clear Crotalus, if you're interested in know why the Christian Faith (aka Catholic doctrine) on these points is true, we're happy to explain this, but given that this is a Catholic forum, the truth of this doctrine is the presumption here.

While you're welcome to ask question and even state objections, that's the tenor we must have here.

That said, feel free to ask those questions, and we are most happy to explain the answers.
We abstain from sex and meat etc. not because they are bad but because they are good. As Christ said "If you do not do penance you shall perish." Thus we voluntarily abstain from that which is good so as to mortify ourselves, to overcome our sins, and to unite ourselves to the sacrifice of Christ.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102
Placing faith in men other than Christ this is.

-----

Thank you Magister Musicae (and others) for explaining and clarifying your beliefs and those of the Catholic Church.
(09-28-2018, 12:08 AM)crotalus97 Wrote: Placing faith in men other than Christ this is.  

-----

Thank you Magister Musicae (and others) for explaining and clarifying your beliefs and those of the Catholic Church.

Why did Jesus change Simon's name to Rock?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
Why don't you read the Shepherd of Hermas and the Acts of Pilate or the Gospel of St. Thomas?

Who decided which books made the cut in your Bible?
Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the antichrist. 
The demons of the air together with the Antichrist will perform great wonders  
The Church will be in eclipse

-Our Lady of La Salette

Like Christ, His Bride the Church will undergo its own passion, burial, and resurrection.
-unknown traditional priest

Father Ripperger said that if we are detached from all things, aren't afraid to suffer, and we accept all suffering as the will of God for our sanctity, we have nothing to fear!
That would be the Catholic Church. Of course, the protestant heretics don't really care about Scripture. That's why they omit Books of the Bible that Christ and the Apostles used. They drop the ones the Jews got rid of after they rejected the Messias because those Books prophesied Him. Luther followed the Jews and all the evil, Satanically inspired, protestant, anti-Christian heretics followed Luther.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • karl
(09-28-2018, 12:08 AM)crotalus97 Wrote: Placing faith in men other than Christ this is.  

-----
I'm not sure what you mean by this. Our faith is in Christ. He gave us the Church.