The Meaning of 1 Timothy 4:1-5
(10-13-2018, 01:25 AM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: Feast Day of the Commemoration of the Baptism of Our Lord by St. John The Baptist. 

A great post, but the last time I checked (about 30 seconds ago) today is the Feast Day of St Edward the Confessor. Huh
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • Ambrosiano
(10-13-2018, 01:41 AM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 01:25 AM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: Feast Day of the Commemoration of the Baptism of Our Lord by St. John The Baptist. 

A great post, but the last time I checked (about 30 seconds ago) today is the Feast Day of St Edward the Confessor. Huh

I used the traditional Roman Calendar, not the current one, but yes, in the current calendar, it's the Feast Day of St. Edward The Confessor.
(10-13-2018, 06:00 PM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: I used the traditional Roman Calendar, not the current one, but yes, in the current calendar, it's the Feast Day of St. Edward The Confessor.

Now I'm curious which 'traditional Calendar. In the Tridentine Calendar of St Pius V, it's the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday. Ever since the reforms of St Pius X in 1910, it's been the Feast of St Edward the Confessor. I don't know if it still is in the 'current' NO calendar, tho'. Is it?

***ETA*** In fact, the Tridentine Calendar had no such Feast as the Commemoration of the Baptism of Our Lord, and since it has existed, every Roman Calendar has placed it in January, shortly after the Epiphany.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

(10-13-2018, 06:09 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-13-2018, 06:00 PM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: I used the traditional Roman Calendar, not the current one, but yes, in the current calendar, it's the Feast Day of St. Edward The Confessor.

Now I'm curious which 'traditional Calendar. In the Tridentine Calendar of St Pius V, it's the Blessed Virgin Mary on Saturday. Ever since the reforms of St Pius X in 1910, it's been the Feast of St Edward the Confessor. I don't know if it still is in the 'current' NO calendar, tho'. Is it?

***ETA*** In fact, the Tridentine Calendar had no such Feast as the Commemoration of the Baptism of Our Lord, and since it has existed, every Roman Calendar has placed it in January, shortly after the Epiphany.

Yeah, your right. I believe it is the 1962 Liturgical Calendar that the SSPX uses. I thought that had been in October. I'll edit my post accordingly. Thank you for correcting my mistake.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ChurchMilitant's post:
  • jovan66102
(10-13-2018, 06:34 PM)ChurchMilitant Wrote: Yeah, your right. I believe it is the 1962 Liturgical Calendar that the SSPX uses. I thought that had been in October. I'll edit my post accordingly. Thank you for correcting my mistake.

No problem!  Smile  If you hang around the Tank very long you'll find out I'm a nitpicker par excellence! LOL

St Bernard of Clairvaux