The Meaning of 1 Timothy 4:1-5
(10-04-2019, 02:26 PM)MagisterMusicae Wrote: In fact that is precisely why the Pope (at least the office of the Papacy, and not an individual man) cannot be the Antichrist. There are many Popes, and the Papacy is founded by Christ (Mt 16:18), so it cannot be an "office of the antichrist".

Matthew 16:18   [from catholic bible]
And so I say to you, you are Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church,* and the gates of the netherworld shall not prevail against it.
---------------
So yes, where Peter was buried is where Christs Church will be built.   And so there stands St. Peters Basilica.  
"Inscribed on the entrance of St. Peter's Basilica in Rome is Templum Vaticani (Temple of the Vatican). Upon entering St. Peter's, one can see many parallels between it and Solomon's Temple in both architecture and orientation."
Taken from link which describes how St. Peters is a Temple.   This is a temple where Christ is continually re-sacrificed every mass.   
https://scholarsarchive.byu.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1043&context=studiaantiqua

But before Christ Comes to establish his millenial rule, there will first be the rebellion.  See 2 Thessalonians 2
-----------
2 Thessalonians 2: 1-3 [From Catholic Bible]
We ask you, brothers, with regard to the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ and our assembling with him, not to be shaken out of your minds suddenly, or to be alarmed either by a “spirit,”* or by an oral statement, or by a letter allegedly from us to the effect that the day of the Lord is at hand. Let no one deceive you in any way. For unless the apostasy comes first and the lawless one is revealed,* the one doomed to perdition, who opposes and exalts himself above every so-called god and object of worship, so as to seat himself in the temple of God,* claiming that he is a god—
----------
The assembling with Christ to make the Church does not happen until the apostasy happens first.   We are not to be alarmed by a "spirit" which is the marian apparition, or an oral statement,  Which is what popes often make and declare.   Or the deuterocanon letters that were suddenly added at the council of trent... We are not to let anyone deceive us.  ANYONE!!! The office of the pope is the lawless one who calls himself "Holy Father" which is "God", and takes his seat in the temple of God,  Vatican where St. Peters Bacillica, which is God's Temple, is.   

This happens BEFORE Christ comes again and we brothers have our assembling with Christ.     

2 Thessalonians 2:9 -from Catholic Bible]
the one whose coming springs from the power of Satan in every mighty deed and in signs and wonders that lie,
------------
The catholic church has a bevy of signs and wonders to deceive you with.
The office of the pope is the one whose coming, and he approves and authenticates all these FALSE signs and miracles.
Bye-bye!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(10-06-2019, 05:59 PM)crotalus97 Wrote: My father taught me when I was young that whenever you enter a new Roman Catholic Church you say 7 our fathers, 7 hail marys, and 7 glory bees and you get to make a wish.    And so I did this on occasion because it was what man taught me to do.  

Even though our visiting rattlesnake has just met the backside of Jovan's shovel (can't say we didn't try to de-fang and drain the venom), I can't help but point out two things here :

Firstly, this should be a note to Catholic Fathers and Mothers. When you do stupid things like what this man's father did this you create monsters who will lose the Faith, not keep it. You make the Faith hateful. No matter how cute it may seem, don't harm your children with this crap. Teach your children real virtue and devotion. Teach them the value of Sacrifice. Teach them to love God like the Fatima Children did, not this kind of silly parody of devotion. You will be responsible for the mess you create.

Secondly, I now have a great new name for my candle-making startup : Glory Bee's Liturgical Candles. Our Motto : It's the bee's knees in candle design.
[-] The following 3 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Augustinian, jovan66102, piscis
(09-23-2018, 06:36 PM)crotalus97 Wrote: 1 Timothy 4 New International Version (NIV)

The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons. Such teachings come through hypocritical liars, whose consciences have been seared as with a hot iron. They forbid people to marry and order them to abstain from certain foods, which God created to be received with thanksgiving by those who believe and who know the truth. For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.

Upon reading this text, two things immediately come to mind

1)  "They forbid people to marry" --> I immediately think of Catholic Priests and Nuns.
2) "order them to abstain from certain foods" --> I immediately think of no meat on Fridays

I am wondering and very concerned is  1 Timothy 4  a ~1500 year prophesy about the Roman Catholic Church?

Lol. No. Otherwise, Anglicans, Lutherans, and a lot of Methodists would be condemned by the meat part. The funny thing is a lot of the aforementioned denominations confuse the religious callings of celibacy with enforcement of celibacy. They too value celibacy but the Catholic Church has historically held a higher view of marriage than any other denomination.
(11-03-2019, 05:08 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Lol. No. Otherwise, Anglicans, Lutherans, and a lot of Methodists would be condemned by the meat part. The funny thing is a lot of the aforementioned denominations confuse the religious callings of celibacy with enforcement of celibacy. They too value celibacy but the Catholic Church has historically held a higher view of marriage than any other denomination.

Doubt the rattlesnake will see this. He was banned several weeks ago, and since he can't spew his anti-Catholic venom any longer, he probably isn't looking at the forum.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(11-03-2019, 07:41 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(11-03-2019, 05:08 PM)newenglandsun Wrote: Lol. No. Otherwise, Anglicans, Lutherans, and a lot of Methodists would be condemned by the meat part. The funny thing is a lot of the aforementioned denominations confuse the religious callings of celibacy with enforcement of celibacy. They too value celibacy but the Catholic Church has historically held a higher view of marriage than any other denomination.

Doubt the rattlesnake will see this. He was banned several weeks ago, and since he can't spew his anti-Catholic venom any longer, he probably isn't looking at the forum.

I didn't even know he was an anti-Catholic troll. My bad. Though sad to see him go.  sad I always find joy in out-trolling the trolls.  Fish-Eater Smackdown
[-] The following 1 user Likes newenglandsun's post:
  • jovan66102