Youth Synod Opens
A survey by the Pew Research Center released on the eve of the synod found that just 31 percent of U.S. Catholics felt the pope was doing an excellent or good job in addressing the abuse issue, down from 45 percent in January and 55 percent in 2015.https://abcnews.go.com/International/wir...t-58250484
I’m surprised that there can be anyone who thinks he could be doing an excellent job.
Oh wait, maybe the pervs he’s covering for do.
Say no to NO.
Fr Z has some pics of Pope Franics opening the synod. Why is he carrying a pitchfork instead of a crozier?

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2018/10/what-is-that-synod2018/
"There are in truth three states of the converted: the beginning,  the middle and the perfection. In the beginning, they experience the charms of sweetness; in the middle, the contests of temptation; and in the end, the fullness of perfection."
-- Pope St. Gregory

Cor Jesu Eucharistic Miserere Nobis 

Salus animarum suprema lex
(10-03-2018, 03:22 PM)CaptCrunch73 Wrote: Fr Z has some pics of Pope Franics opening the synod. Why is he carrying a pitchfork instead of a crozier?

http://wdtprs.com/blog/2018/10/what-is-that-synod2018/

In preparation for his canonization, I think someone must have been sorting through Paul VI's old stuff ...

I can just imagine the conversation between those American 60-year-old yoga pants wearing overweight female EMHC-interns : 

"Hey look at this! I think the Pope would love it!"

"Yeah, we can put a bunch of sticks in a pot, and sand in the holy water fonts and then he can carry this!"

"Awesome!"
My favourite is someone said it looked like a clothesline pole. Fr Z is musing 'V for Vigano, nail', which reminded me of Jael in Judges 4:21!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

Not sure what it is or signifies (I'm actually curious as to the intended meaning of it, other than random nail stick), but it was given to him recently by some youths.
[Image: 4F05361D00000578-6050877-Pope_Francis_re...378205.jpg]
[Image: catherinesiena-1.jpg]
(10-03-2018, 04:26 PM)SaintSebastian Wrote: Not sure what it is or signifies (I'm actually curious as to the intended meaning of it, other than random nail stick), but it was given to him recently by some youths.
[Image: 4F05361D00000578-6050877-Pope_Francis_re...378205.jpg]

Creepy and confusing. What we've come to expect.
Banal. Modernist. Ugly. But supposed to be "humble."
Peter Jackson just called. He wants his props back.
[-] The following 4 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Abaxvahl, CaptCrunch73, jovan66102, VoxClamantis
Did he consider the water and carbon footprints involved in making his Gandalf stick when I’m sure the Vatican already had several croziers available?
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden