Give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
I'm chatting with my youngest boy. He went to Mass this morning and he asked for advice about attending his first TLM! Keep praying!!!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
“Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'
FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 6 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • dahveed, Dominicus, friendly.neighborhood.papist, mpk1987, Some Guy, VoxClamantis
OK, here's a complete update. I had told him to go to confession in response to his question about how to get back in good standing with the Church. This morning he PMed me:

Quote:Assuming I have done the aforementioned and planned to attend a Tridentine Mass, what would be reasonable short-term preparation?

I told him to read through the Mass he was going to attend, and sent him some links, Divinum Officium for the Mass, some FAQs from Sancta Missa, and a link for first time TLMers from the TLM in Palm Beach, FL.

Then I told him to just follow what everyone else was doing. To which he responded,

Quote:That was my survival strategy this morning at Mass.

It was just an OF Mass, but he obviously wants Tradition. So let's keep those prayers going. Bring him all the way home!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Catherine, Dominicus, mpk1987
This makes me very happy to hear :D I will certainly continue to pray for your son :)
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
[-] The following 1 user Likes IntoTheMystic's post:
  • jovan66102
This is such happy news! Deo gratias! I will continue to pray.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • jovan66102
Great!  Thanks for the update.  Redoubling now.   :pray: :pray:
Thank you all! You have no idea how happy this makes me. My wife and all my children have fallen away. I've been storming heaven, praying for their return. I haven't, in the past, even dared to discuss the Church with them because it just makes them angry. Different reasons for different people, but I think it's fair to say that they are anti-Catholic.

That's why this is a bolt from the blue and proof that God sometimes says yes to prayers. Keep praying for John, and add the intention of the return or conversion to the Faith of Deitre Lugene Marie (my wife), Eugénie Marie, Zachary Mary Joseph, Charles Albert Mary, and Dominique Maureen Anne Elizabeth (my children), and their various various spouses and children to your intentions. Let's keep the ball rolling!

***ETA*** Oh, and please pray for John's wife, Marie, he didn't indicate whether she went to Mass with him. In fact, I have no idea if she's Catholic or not.

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
[-] The following 3 users Like jovan66102's post:
  • Florus, JacafamalaRedux, mpk1987
That's wonderful news Jovan!
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
Just curious, any updates or good news to share? If not, no worries - or if you don't feel comfortable sharing also no worries. I've been praying for your family every day Jovan. I really hope the can all come home <3
I am in the process of discerning my vocation with the help of my priest. If you would like to read my thoughts as I progress through this process of discernment feel free to visit my blog: https://walkingthelittleway.com
(10-28-2018, 10:23 AM)IntoTheMystic Wrote: Just curious, any updates or good news to share? If not, no worries - or if you don't feel comfortable sharing also no worries. I've been praying for your family every day Jovan. I really hope the can all come home <3

Thank you for the prayers. Keep 'em coming! No, there's nothing to report. John hasn't told me anything recently and I don't want to be pushy for fear of scaring him back away from the Church. I'm storming heaven tho'!

St Bernard of Clairvaux

FishEaters Group on MeWe
In Thy name, Lord Jesus Christ, we pray that Thou cover Jovan, his family, and all of his possessions with Thy love and Thy Most Precious Blood and surround them with Thy Heavenly Angels, Saints and the mantle of Our Blessed Mother. Amen.
Oh my Jesus, I surrender myself to you. Take care of everything.--Fr Dolindo Ruotolo

Persevere..Eucharist, Holy Rosary, Brown Scapular, Confession. You will win.