Why wasn't Jesus a
Bug 
So Jesus from the small information we do have, is known to be son of a carpenter. And has preached and taught in the temple and areas during his time.

Granted He was destined to die an etc. But now I am wondering, what in Jesus' life would have prevented him from becoming one of the religious leaders of his time, a priest, or rabbi , what ever the proper terminology for that time frame was . An granted he was called at times teacher and etc. But He was never known as a real religious priest. He practiced the Jewish faith, etc.  

So,,,, to become a leader in that time in the world, be it religious or political, was that only for the rich  and upper class, and Jesus being born among the common people, and being " poor "  would that have prevented from achieving such status in life then. ?
Why would Jesus, who knew he would one day offer perfect sacrifice, offer imperfect sacrifice in the Jewish temple?
In Hebrew "rabbi" means "my master" and is how a student would address a teacher. Jesus is called "rabbi" many times in Scripture. 

In the Jewish law there are many people who may teach or learn the Law, thus the Pharisees and Scribes were teachers. The temple, however, was where the religious services happened and the running of this temple belonged to a specific tribe of the Jews, the Levites. Jesus was from the tribe of Judah, so unqualified to be a Levitical priest.

The only reason at present there is no distinction between a rabbi in Jewish circles and the priests is because there is no temple in which to offer sacrifice.
[-] The following 2 users Like MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102, mpk1987
{Why would Jesus, who knew he would one day offer perfect sacrifice, offer imperfect sacrifice in the Jewish temple?}
* Sacrastic response to a question one has no real answer for. Typical response from people on C.A.F *

{In Hebrew "rabbi" means "my master" and is how a student would address a teacher. Jesus is called "rabbi" many times in Scripture.
In the Jewish law there are many people who may teach or learn the Law, thus the Pharisees and Scribes were teachers. The temple, however, was where the religious services happened and the running of this temple belonged to a specific tribe of the Jews, the Levites. Jesus was from the tribe of Judah, so unqualified to be a Levitical priest.

The only reason at present there is no distinction between a rabbi in Jewish circles and the priests is because there is no temple in which to offer sacrifice.}

* Actual intelligent answer that answered a real question. Thank you.
Credidi Propters comment didn't seem sarcastic to me. The old testament sacrifices only served to prefigure Christ's perfect sacrifice.
Surréxit Dóminus vere, Alleluia!
[-] The following 2 users Like Dominicus's post:
  • jovan66102, mpk1987
(10-08-2018, 01:34 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Credidi Propters comment didn't seem sarcastic to me. The old testament sacrifices only served to prefigure Christ's perfect sacrifice.

Agreed!
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

(10-08-2018, 02:29 PM)jovan66102 Wrote:
(10-08-2018, 01:34 PM)Dominicus Wrote: Credidi Propters comment didn't seem sarcastic to me. The old testament sacrifices only served to prefigure Christ's perfect sacrifice.

Agreed!

Third.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • jovan66102
Don't be snotty.  And this isn't CAF.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaryTN's post:
  • jovan66102
(10-08-2018, 05:07 PM)MaryTN Wrote: Don't be snotty.  And this isn't CAF.
 well sit n spin to you too mary, i know it isnt CAF, i am just experienced with dealing with trolls that like to go fishing. It was a typical response from those who are accustomed to socializing on CAF.  Would of made more sense had the preson said something like, I dont know, hope you find an answer from someone who does.

Again, this is not an answer to my question. an ya have to be able to read into things more than just the surface to really understand.  same as with scripture, if one were to read scripture and take it at face value , we would be extremely confused.