Interesting thought came to mind...
I am living in southern Virginia and planning to visit a couple close friends in California in January.  I never have liked staying in hotels so I was wondering if reaching out to local "traditional" catholic parishes, within reasonable distance from my friends, to see if anyone would host me for a few days.  I figured it would be a good way to help out a parishioner who may be experiencing some financial stress, or looking to make some extra cash, that has an extra bedroom available.  It is important that they are like minded i.e. practicing Catholics who abide by tradition.  I know I could reach out to local parishes but I am just wondering if anyone has tried this before.

I am going to Aliso Viejo, CA so if by chance anyone here is in that region, I'd love to chat with you.

Thanks all and God Bless.
I know people do that here in St. Louis, at least when the parish itself is having events.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.