Is Marijuana use mortal sin? I say YES... (and it's now legal in my province.)
The biggest strike against Marijuana is that you can't not get high if you smoke it unless you've built up a tolerance. With alcohol you can have a drink, two, maybe even three or four depending on your tolerance and not get drunk, maybe a bit of a buzz, but not drunk to where your ability to make a good judgement is compromised. I've never smoked weed, so I have no idea if there's such thing as a light buzz, but I'd assume not. At the end of the day it comes down to the person's state of mind as far as I know. If one's state of mind is altered to the point that they can't make a proper judgement in regards to their actions then it must at least be sinful, whether it's mortal or venial I'll leave to the theologians.
Blood of Christ, relief of the burdened, save us.

“It is my design to die in the brew house; let ale be placed in my mouth when I am expiring, that when the choirs of angels come, they may say, “Be God propitious to this drinker.” – St. Columbanus, A.D. 612

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is Marijuana use mortal sin? I say YES... (and it's now legal in my province.) - by GangGreen - 10-17-2018, 05:27 PM