I'm in the Mood for a Melody
"South of Heaven" by Slayer.  Aka America 2020.

Sorry to those who hate metal, but it helps me cope with the current state of affairs.

[-] The following 2 users Like Mourning Dove's post:
  • Augustinian, Florus
"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
(06-23-2020, 10:24 AM)Mourning Dove Wrote: "South of Heaven" by Slayer.  Aka America 2020.

Sorry to those who hate metal, but it helps me cope with the current state of affairs.

You couldn't have chosen a more relevant song, to be honest. It's about the impending final judgment in a world that's literally gone south of heaven.

My personal favorite Slayer album is Seasons in the Abyss, and their last good album imo was Divine Intervention. I haven't listened to them for a while, but I've been on an early Candlemass kick again lately.

Edit: since we're on about Slayer, here's my favorite. Lombardo is just insane on the kit in this song.

"The Heart of Jesus is closer to you when you suffer, than when you are full of joy." - St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

Put not your trust in princes: In the children of men, in whom there is no salvation. - Ps. 145:2-3

"For there shall be a time, when they will not endure sound doctrine; but, according to their own desires, they will heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears: And will indeed turn away their hearing from the truth, but will be turned unto fables." - 2 Timothy 4:3-4
[-] The following 2 users Like Augustinian's post:
  • Florus, Mourning Dove
(06-27-2020, 09:06 AM)Augustinian Wrote: You couldn't have chosen a more relevant song, to be honest. It's about the impending final judgment in a world that's literally gone south of heaven.

My personal favorite Slayer album is Seasons in the Abyss, and their last good album imo was Divine Intervention. I haven't listened to them for a while, but I've been on an early Candlemass kick again lately.

My favorite Slayer tune by far, and the best song in my library to approach the topic. :)  I've never been a huge Slayer fan - I generally prefer my metal to have a more melodic character.  Their riffs are mostly brash and rhythmic, but these days they sure are growing on me!

Time for some Japanese City Pop

(06-23-2020, 01:29 AM)Blind Horus Wrote: Raquel Welch & Bob Hope - Rocky Raccoon

Curiouser & Curiouser

RIP Bob {nice working with you kid} Hope

Love Bob Hope!

and Raquel Welch...the finest looking trans-man (according to SHL) I ever laid eyes on.
I think SHL may be on to something...

Men as Females

Women were forbidden to be on stage

Young boys (13-19) played female roles in theatre plays

They were on specific diets and exercise

Voice coaches trained them to maintain their voice high pitched

Men as Females

Young male actors had to maintain a very small and thin figure to mimic female curves (visual attraction)

After the age of 20, young male actors had to look for a new profession

Lasted from 1560 – 1661

The Six Million Dollar Man was a popular TV series. I imagine you could get a lot of work done for $6M. Anyway men take better direction. Victoria's Secret indeed.

https://schoolworkhelper.net/elizabethan...dance/amp/
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
City of New Orleans
Big Bill Broonzy 

Diggin' My Potatoes  
Meet My Maker by Preacher Stone.  

I throw on this tune whenever I get overwhelmed and need a reminder of what's important.  I absolutely love this live rendition, especially the organ and slide guitar outro.

[-] The following 1 user Likes Mourning Dove's post:
  • LionHippo