I'm in the Mood for a Melody

Ah, had to replace the one I put here earlier. The last one had songs that were not licensed to YouTube.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mr. Cowboy's post:
  • Blind Horus
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
"Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?" On hearing this, Jesus said, "It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: 'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."  Matthew 9:10-14
Cry Me A River - Julie London
release date 12/1/1955

Quote:Origins and early recordings

Arthur Hamilton later said of the song: "I had never heard the phrase. I just liked the combination of words... Instead of 'Eat your heart out' or 'I'll get even with you,' it sounded like a good, smart retort to somebody who had hurt your feelings or broken your heart." He was initially concerned that listeners would hear a reference to the Crimea, rather than "..cry me a...", but said that "..sitting down and playing the melody and coming up with lyrics made it a nonissue."
-Wikipedia

That name, Julie London, alway held a mystique
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Blind Horus's post:
  • Sed libera nos
(05-15-2021, 11:44 PM)Blind Horus Wrote: Cry Me A River - Julie London
release date 12/1/1955

Quote:Origins and early recordings

Arthur Hamilton later said of the song: "I had never heard the phrase. I just liked the combination of words... Instead of 'Eat your heart out' or 'I'll get even with you,' it sounded like a good, smart retort to somebody who had hurt your feelings or broken your heart." He was initially concerned that listeners would hear a reference to the Crimea, rather than "..cry me a...", but said that "..sitting down and playing the melody and coming up with lyrics made it a nonissue."
-Wikipedia

That name, Julie London, alway held a mystique

A fantastic singer with a voice and looks " to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window. "  (as per Raymond Chandler ) lol
"Ladies in Lavender"  Nigel Hess`s beautiful theme tune to the lovely film.

Here played by Joshua Bell 

[-] The following 1 user Likes Sed libera nos's post:
  • Blind Horus
Yes, I've had to sit through Ladies in Lavender several times and it grows on you:)

Miles Wootton "Read All About It"
  • Sed libera nos
(05-16-2021, 07:41 AM)Sed libera nos Wrote: "Ladies in Lavender"  Nigel Hess`s beautiful theme tune to the lovely film.

Here played by Joshua Bell 

Walking Across Egypt is a similar movie I've had to sit through numerous times also.

Quote:Rebellious 17-year-old who crosses paths with a religious Southern widow

Walking Across Egypt (1999)

Interesting comparison between the concerned (about money) family in Walking Across Egypt and the problem causing jealous doctor in Ladies in Lavender. It's funny how people in respectable positions can be such blanky-blanks sometimes.
  • Sed libera nos
(05-16-2021, 07:37 AM)Sed libera nos Wrote: That name, Julie London, alway held a mystique

A fantastic singer with a voice and looks " to make a bishop kick a hole in a stained glass window. "  (as per Raymond Chandler ) lol
Julie London was still a beautiful woman 20 years later as my grade school crush when she starred on the TV series Emergency!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Water1965's post:
  • Blind Horus