I'm in the Mood for a Melody
Yuki Kajiura - L.A.

Did ya hear the one about the Banjo Picker who left his banjo in his unlocked car overnight? Next morning there was another one next to it...

Banjo Solo: Hot Burrito Breakdown
Oh, where are the snows of yesteryear!
For the proper effect you have to play this one as loud as you can, preferably with good headphones.

Depeche Mode - Policy Of Truth

Qntal - Obscure

Before Led Zeppelin there was Owen Hand

She Likes It

Owen Hand, Born at 900 year old pub Brazen Head

^Kind of weird politics though, poor guys, but I suppose that happens when you're stuck between the devil and the deep blue sea

"When you loose your love in Paris, then the Seine is full of tears." so says a wise Rabbi

The River Seine (Oct. 1949)

Doris Day was dubbed the Jukebox Queen but The River Seine was popular on the radio five years after the Liberation of Paris (helping the baby-boom along)
I'The amount of variety in musical traditions out is really astounding. The amount of history I've learned by hearing songs on youtube that I don't remotely understand and then digging into the stories and history that they came out of is incredible. I always kind of viewed history from a Western European perspective, seeing things as they relate to America with Eastern Europe always being on the outskirts. It never occurred to me that those peoples had a completely different perspective on history and that what I thought of as "side events" in history are to them as important and relevant as the Revolutionary War or the Protestant Revolt are for us.

Even with western folks songs I've learned whole chapters of history (that I should probably know anyway...) and also really random little things.

Right now though I'm really into Ukrainian and Cossack stuff.