Does the Church Actually Teach Geocentrism and YEC
(Yesterday, 05:38 PM)Melkite Wrote:
(Yesterday, 01:01 PM)Some Guy Wrote: Not sure. Also don’t care in as far as the “answer” to that question undermines Sacred Tradition. Love how Sacred Tradition has long held that Moses is the primary author of the Pentateuch, but apparently that doesn’t matter anymore. Just like no tradition matters as long as one can come up with a good enough question to undermine it while simultaneously acting as if us modern men are so much smarter than those ape-men who came before us. Didntcha hear!? We evolved! We’re so smart now, we know everyone from the past we’re too stupid to know that Moses didn’t write the Pentateuch!
It’s all fairy tales!

It’s also not the primary crux of my argument against evolution. Only one of many.

My problem with this line of reasoning is that Muslims can say the same about the Quran, Hindus can say the same about the Bhagavad Gita, Buddhists can say the same about the Pali canon.  When you make Sacred Tradition hold precedence over evidence, then you also destroy the ability to rebut someone else who makes their sacred tradition the utmost authority.  How can two people of opposing faiths ever prove which one is the most true when the fact that they believe it is held by each to be the highest authority?

Yea but that’s where Faith comes in, no? Although we can come to know God through reason to a certain extent, we require Divine Revelation in order to know certain Truths about God that are unobtainable through reason alone. I doubt one will convert many pagans who have a deep respect for tradition by tossing aside Catholic tradition for the sake of expediency.