CatholicMatch.com?
Have any of y'all tried CatholicMatch.com? Is it any good? I'm tired of OkCupid, and I feel like I'm never going to find the right woman for myself there, what with it's already preestablished liberal bend. (You get a special badge on your profile if you support gay "marriage" or Planned Parenthood.) Has anyone had positive experiences with the aforementioned site?
~Your local humanitarian snowflake™ with the most noble of spirits.
Ah, catholic match. Where do I begin?

Long story short, I found a good man on there and we are getting married next year. Long story longer... It will be harder for you to find a devout, holy, submissive woman who isn't a feminist on catholic match. This is a direct quote from my now-boyfriend. 

CM puts on a pretense of being very catholic, but attracts all sorts of catholics in the spectrum. It was my experience that there are a lot of good people on there, but you have to sift through a lot of riff raff to find them. It's very true that good women are hard to find. I would honestly try Ave Maria Singles instead. PM me if you have more questions (do I have stories!)

Or, try getting a bride from the Philippines. I'm not joking. I know 2 men who did this and those women are great Catholic mothers and great cooks!

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

(11-16-2018, 05:38 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Or, try getting a bride from the Philippines. I'm not joking. I know 2 men who did this and those women are great Catholic mothers and great cooks!

The crew I used to roll with was partial towards Philippina brides too haha, I'm not so sure about that though. But it's good to see a success story. I'm honestly not that worried about feminism. Some of my beliefs could be seen as very feminist, depending on who's interpreting them. A girl I was madly in love with for the longest time was a pro-life feminist though, so maybe I just have a soft spot for those types haha
It's concerning to me that "Do you accept the Church's teaching on [x]" (such as abortion, birth control, or pre-marital relations) is considered a valid question on a Catholic website; I cannot imagine discerning with someone who says "no" to any of those questions, since it would serve as an impediment to a proper, Catholic relationship.  But they're likely trying to take people "where they're at", which is understandable, and also having such filters is very helpful for those who wish to avoid that.  (Note, I have never used the website, and am reporting this only anecdotally.)

I would be hesitant towards the "mail-order bridge" thing; you're attempting to discern with a person you don't know, who might have different motivations (citizenship), and it puts a high expectation on your shoulders since you brought her all the way here and otherwise she would have to return.  I think it's especially unhealthy for the girl in that situation, and also for your discernment.  It's much better to date a person for who they are, having already gotten to know them, than to figure that part out after already being in a relationship.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
(11-18-2018, 12:06 AM)Steven Wrote: It's concerning to me that "Do you accept the Church's teaching on [x]" (such as abortion, birth control, or pre-marital relations) is considered a valid question on a Catholic website; I cannot imagine discerning with someone who says "no" to any of those questions, since it would serve as an impediment to a proper, Catholic relationship.  But they're likely trying to take people "where they're at", which is understandable, and also having such filters is very helpful for those who wish to avoid that.  (Note, I have never used the website, and am reporting this only anecdotally.)

You can filter based on their responses to those questions in your searches too, so I think it's a helpful addition that I don't see on places like OkCupid. So tradcats can search for women in their area who accept the Church's teachings, and attend Latin Mass, etc. while cafeteria Catholics can be filtered out.
(11-18-2018, 12:06 AM)Steven Wrote: It's concerning to me that "Do you accept the Church's teaching on [x]" (such as abortion, birth control, or pre-marital relations) is considered a valid question on a Catholic website; I cannot imagine discerning with someone who says "no" to any of those questions, ...

I would be hesitant towards the "mail-order bridge" thing; you're attempting to discern with a person you don't know, who might have different motivations (citizenship), and it puts a high expectation on your shoulders since you brought her all the way here and otherwise she would have to return.  ...

I found this a little confusing; however, there is no church teaching on contraception, or abortion, this is the problem Vatican II is confusing to people.  I became more interested in women, at Catholic Match, when they selected "no" to such questions, because when communicating with them, I found them to be more knowledgeable of their faith.   This can be more meaningful than their cooking skills.  America is pluralistic.  As such, Catholic and exotic women can be found.  It can be a vulnerable experience online/offline meeting.  When online, meeting face to face at some point, will be important, and those whom you have met face to face in a parish, may maintain their status online as offline.  Vatican II may not provide any more solid of a spouse than a foreign country, but personal views vary anyway.  It really is critical to think about the children at some point.  Friendship is an underestimated strategy, and sometimes dismissed to have what will appear to be more than friendship, only to find the commitment is the same.
(11-20-2018, 04:26 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: I found this a little confusing; however, there is no church teaching on contraception, or abortion, this is the problem Vatican II is confusing to people.  I became more interested in women, at Catholic Match, when they selected "no" to such questions, because when communicating with them, I found them to be more knowledgeable of their faith.   This can be more meaningful than their cooking skills.  America is pluralistic.  As such, Catholic and exotic women can be found.  It can be a vulnerable experience online/offline meeting.  When online, meeting face to face at some point, will be important, and those whom you have met face to face in a parish, may maintain their status online as offline.  Vatican II may not provide any more solid of a spouse than a foreign country, but personal views vary anyway.  It really is critical to think about the children at some point.  Friendship is an underestimated strategy, and sometimes dismissed to have what will appear to be more than friendship, only to find the commitment is the same.

I'm not quite sure I followed. Another way of saying my original thought is rhetorical: "If you don't accept the Church's teaching on abortion, contraception, etc., then why are you on Catholic Match?" Obviously the answer is because many people don't think their faith through well, as you allude to, but it surprises me that the website provides those questions -- except so that those who accept Church teaching can filter out those who do not, which is a good feature.

I didn't quite follow the rest of what you said, though I believe as well that friendship is of vital importance in any relationship. I think you should first be friends and know each other well, and then if you decide to discern, you are in a better position for healthy discernment, and regardless of how it goes, you can still fall back upon that friendship and mutual esteem as people, rather than parting ways forever. (Truly, if you value her enough to want to discern with her, why would you wish not to know her otherwise? Or if you don't know her well enough already, how could you possibly want to discern such a serious vocation with her?)
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
I think that you accept The Catechism of The Catholic Church as a legitimate publication.  I do not.  Those whom published such a work have been automatically excommunicated.  What are you referencing for teachings of The Catholic Church?
(11-20-2018, 07:02 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: I think that you accept The Catechism of The Catholic Church as a legitimate publication.  I do not.  Those whom published such a work have been automatically excommunicated.  What are you referencing for teachings of The Catholic Church?

1. I hope you realize this is not a sede forum.

2. Someone who teaches or expresses heresy is not "automatically excommunicated." For someone to be separated from the institutional Church it requires that either the heretic personally remove themselves or for the appropriate, authoritative person(s) to formally declare the person a heretic.
My rejection of The Catechism of The  Catholic Church is raised regarding questions asked at catholicmatch.com, about accepting Catholic dogma, few if any of the questions asked there reference Catholic dogma, and I made no reference to anyone teaching heresy.