CatholicMatch.com?
I'm more concerned that you claim there is no Church teaching on abortion or contraception.  We can look all the way back to the Didache ("The Teaching of the Twelve Apostles") for condemnation of abortion, and surely you do not reject Pope Pius XI's Casti Connubii which condemns contraception?  Or are you of the belief that the prohibition on murdering babies is an "innovation of Vatican II"? Or worse yet, in disagreement with the Church's teaching that it is intrinsically evil?

Either way, this is well off the original topic of the usefulness of Catholic Match.
"There are not over a hundred people in the United States who hate the Catholic Church. There are millions, however, who hate what they wrongly believe to be the Catholic Church -- which is, of course, quite a different thing." -Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen

"Let me repeat this sentence. It is impossible in human language to exaggerate the importance of being in a chapel or church before the Blessed Sacrament as often and for as long as our duties and state of life allow. That sentence is the talisman of the highest sanctity." -Fr. John Hardon, S.J.
[-] The following 2 users Like Steven's post:
  • Emblemfan, Some Guy
(11-22-2018, 05:58 PM)Steven Wrote: I'm more concerned that you claim there is no Church teaching on abortion or contraception.  ... 
The Catechism of The Council of Trent, in the part about the fifth commandment, neither abortion, nor contraception, specifically are mentioned.  I regard the questions asked at Catholic Match, and believe that I specified so, reference The Catechism of The Catholic Church, the printing of which is condemned by papal bull, not to exclude automatic excommunication, but the claim should issue no concern, and it was said, to point out those whom rejected so-called teachings of The Catholic Church, were knowledgeable of their faith, and correct to reject these questions at Catholic Match.  I stated that I reject Vatican II.  I accept what is printed according to Quo Primum, papal bull, issued by Pope Pius V.  Is it confusing to others that Natural Family Planning is scheduled contraception?  According to The Catechism of The Council of Trent, a variety of killings, remain acceptable and within the authority, of various political bodies, while others of course, remain unacceptable.  I like how The Catechism of The Council of Trent, addresses these matters, and accept what I have understood.  Why must the unborn be advanced as a cause for social justice?  Whom is judged for the killing, and when is there condemnation?  Am I not more than Pro-Life as a Catholic, but when Pro-Life I may only be submissive to the more noble end of fascism and its tendency to destroy history through the replacement of it, with another.  Something I recently have learned is done by fascists.  My point was to clarify that an injustice is likely done to those whom have rejected what Catholic Match has put forward as teachings of The Catholic Church.  Maybe the injustice is slander.  Maybe it is libel.  Maybe it is denial of their marriage right.  I think that I am right.
(11-16-2018, 04:54 PM)Emblemfan Wrote: Have any of y'all tried CatholicMatch.com? Is it any good? I'm tired of OkCupid, and I feel like I'm never going to find the right woman for myself there, what with it's already preestablished liberal bend. (You get a special badge on your profile if you support gay "marriage" or Planned Parenthood.) Has anyone had positive experiences with the aforementioned site?

I have found the most scammers on OKCupid :dodgy: . Careful, when you disable your account, if you log on again, you reactiviate the account. You can be found again. CatholicMatch has turned up mostly insincere or less than devout Catholic men, in my experience. Sincere men and women are on that site (self included) but they are hard to find!!  :s
I like how the Catholic Church teachings to be agreed upon are expressed now. It seemed different in times past. Sorry for the trouble, ... oh! Thanks for mentioning the encyclical, I'm going through it.
I have not had luck finding a traditional Catholic woman on CatholicMatch, or what I call it: Novus Ordo Match. Most of the women seem good but they are misguided.
I was on this site back in college when it was very new only a couple years old.

My wife's friend put her on kind of as a joke. She was going to college in Colorado and I was going to school in Utah.

All I got to say is it worked for me and I married a great woman. We married in the cathedral in Cheyenne, WY in 2006! Our relationship has only grown stronger over time.

It's really about getting to know the person and finding out if their values are in line with yours. You will have a better chance on that site as far finding somebody in line with the church.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
"The Eucharist is the Sacrament of Love; it signifies love, It produces love. The Eucharist is the consummation of the whole spiritual life." -St. Thomas Aquinas

“To be tempted is a sign that the soul is very pleasing to the Lord.” St. Padre Pio
[-] The following 1 user Likes SeeTheLight's post:
  • Bombero