Traditional Catholic men of Wisconsin
Are there any "young" trad men from Wisconsin here? I am a relatively recent convert/revert and don't really have close friends anymore. It would be nice to find some other guys around my age to hang out with. I go to an indult parish, but most everyone is gone by the time I finish thanksgiving after communion save some middle aged families with little kids. 

And, happy Thanksgiving!
May God bless you and Mary keep you!
(11-22-2018, 09:10 PM)roverbeck Wrote: Are there any "young" trad men from Wisconsin here? I am a relatively recent convert/revert and don't really have close friends anymore. It would be nice to find some other guys around my age to hang out with. I go to an indult parish, but most everyone is gone by the time I finish thanksgiving after communion save some middle aged families with little kids. 

And, happy Thanksgiving!

Hold off on the lengthy thanksgiving until later in the day, and meet people when they are there. There is plenty of time to pray, just be sure you do it. Prayer is holy, but friendship can be as well.
Go online to the website of the Institute of Christ the King, check out their parishes in Wisconsin, visit them and you'll meet the men you want.
(11-22-2018, 11:39 PM)Credidi Propter Wrote:
(11-22-2018, 09:10 PM)roverbeck Wrote: Are there any "young" trad men from Wisconsin here? I am a relatively recent convert/revert and don't really have close friends anymore. It would be nice to find some other guys around my age to hang out with. I go to an indult parish, but most everyone is gone by the time I finish thanksgiving after communion save some middle aged families with little kids. 

And, happy Thanksgiving!

Hold off on the lengthy thanksgiving until later in the day, and meet people when they are there. There is plenty of time to pray, just be sure you do it. Prayer is holy, but friendship can be as well.

Well, it is not exactly lengthy, usually about fifteen minutes. I need to take at least that much time in thanksgiving though as Our Lord is physically present with us in the host 15 - 20 minutes after communion. We do have social events at the Church from time to time, but as it is an indult parish there are two communities of parishioners which makes things a little more difficult. Oh well, thank you for the advice though.
(11-23-2018, 05:59 PM)salus Wrote: Go online to the website of the Institute of Christ the King, check out their parishes in Wisconsin, visit them and you'll meet the men you want.

Thanks for the advice.