"Laudato Si'"
Pope Francis quoted Blessed Pope Paul VI, whom spoke to the Food and Agriculture Organiztion of The United Nations, "...extraordinary scientific advances, the most amazing technical abilities, the most astonishing economic growth, unless they are accompanied by authentic social and moral progress, will definitively turn against man.  ...". Pope Francis then goes on to say, "The destruction of the human environment is extremely serious, not only because God has entrusted the world to us men and women, but because human life is itself a gift which must itself be defended against various forms of abasement. ...to protect and improve our world entails profound changes...Authentic human development has a moral character. It presumes full respect for the human person, but it must also be concerned for the world around us...our human ability to transform reality must proceed in line with God's original gift of all that is. ...".

When I read these words "all that is" as an original gift from God, I have to include myself and faith. Not all people have religious education and there are differences among those whom do, but as a Christian--faith--without works: I am dead, and I must exercise my freewill to choose faith. This first Sunday of Advent the Gospel reveals after The Ascension, Apostles and their sadness as Jesus left them clouded out of sight. When an angel appears: speaking to The Apostles, He will come again. Filled with joy, they leave.

Human sexuality drives humanity toward various means to create. What work is brought to us? There are many places to work. Kitchens and garages are available to many; still, our relationships ordered toward God, or away from God, isolate our emotions to computer screens, or societies. The screens turn off. Whatever likeness to Jesus Christ perhaps never turned on. To enter society when the screen is turned off: they may be social when they turn God on in their life, except it is the morality being turned off. The relevance of this encyclical is to faith and morals and it is to be read with respect to faith, and morals, according to conscience and cultural differences. Truth is obtained from a thing, person, or place. To transform reality I must apprehend some thing, person, or place. My sister, Mother Earth, what is her reality? What do I see of her, born from other's illusions?
Papal authorities since Pope John XXIII and Test Ban Treaty (1963), that acknowledged environmental horrors caused by atmospheric nuclear detonations, are acknowledged for what they have contributed; to remedy global environmental deterioration, and those of relevant occupations, whom allow fact based opinions to develop.  Patriarch Bartholomew  said, "...learning to give, and not simply to give up.  It is a way of loving, of moving gradually from what I want to what God's world needs.  It is liberation from fear, greed and compulsion.  ...".

Recent events reported state Ukraine's President Poroshenko declared martial law after President Putin seized, militarily, Ukrainian ships after Russian helicopters fired rockets at them.  Thirty-five Ukranian ships strategically denied transit between The Black Sea, and Sea of Azov, allow President Poroshenko to assert that Ukraine now is facing full-scale war, when urging N.A.T.O. to assist with ships.  President Trump backed away from a summit, while President Putin Persisted.  Turkey's President Erdogan offered to mediate the dispute between President Poroshenko, and President Putin, while he and President Trump will meet in Argentine during the G-20 meeting.

These events do not necessitate judgment against President Putin exclusively, but one might think compulsion is involved to annex Crimea.  A U.S. citizen may fear being exploited toward domestic ends of greed.  Environmentally the papacy criticized human development as outpaced technologically.  Some concerned voice once mentioned military means may be too far ahead of the strategies employed, to fight; as World War I and The Devil's Paintbrush effected devastating losses toward trench warfare.

What does the conscience beg to know:  it's guilt?
Those viewing this thread might view the following link:  https://www.fisheaters.com/traditionalcatholicism.html, since the encyclical of Pope John XXIII emphasized the dignity of the human person, I react now with a "Wait a minute?--what am I doing.  Reading this.  Pacem in Terris, peace on Earth, ...".  Salvation, when Jesus Christ is placed at the head of His kingdom, then when these encyclicals mention justice, and exclude mention of Jesus Christ, then mention a change to humanity to accomodate technologies, which out pace our humanity, and exclude Jesus Christ to establish His Father as the basis for change:  what New Testament teaching is missing relevance to global environmental degradation?  Where did He say, pick up your cross and follow me?  United by a common concern, a global community of nations united by a common concern, a common concern the technology that I am using is isolating me from a society, that relates virtues to Jesus Christ, and prayer to His Father?  Virtues these crosses someone else's greed, and my own pride, determined that I can afford to suffer long, this living out of plastic wrapped foods, and boxed snacks?  Thinking I can delete the customer in front of me, and copy and paste a knee length skirt to the leggings of customer service, while I am tempted to liberate her bed that I imagine; she would like delivered to the dump she saw online located along Bali's shoreline.  Pope Francis stated that "The ultimate destiny of the universe is in the fullness of God, which has already been attained by the risen Christ, the measure of the maturity of all things.".  He kick-flipped in His chains, thorns piercing his forehead, blod clotting The Shroud of Turin He unwrapped.  Ressurrected to convince even His Apostle, Thomas, that He is God, Lord of Hosts, and with a contrite heart, "I am not worthy...".   The light out of the darkness, light of the world, the light to shine before men and women, what rationale to reduce humanity to the world, that we might request Mary, Immaculate Mother of Jesus, to offer the Eternal Father, the Precious Blood of her Divine Son, to prevent a mortal somewhere in the world today, to bring a mortal soul to believe The Eucharist is the body, the blood, and divinity of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
In paragraph seven, note a distinction between what Pope Francis provided as an attitude toward "Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew with whom we share the hope of full ecclesial communion.", [italicized for emphasis] which I understand to mean:  a hope to join The Roman Catholic Church rather than a hope entertaining salvation among those outside the Church, an indifference avoided.
Patriarch Bartholomew in paragraph eight is further quoted to state: "to commit a crime against the natural world is a sin against ourselves and a sin against God.".
Paragraphs ten through twelve are best read on your own, that brings us to thirteen and fourteen, an appeal of Pope Francis for a new dialogue about the future, the environment, as all are concerned:  it must be a dialogue with all, and there are thanks and appreciation expressed toward those whom work, and guarantee, protection of the environment.  He refers to young people, that they demand change, and wonder that anyone can claim a better future without thought given to environmental crisis, and "sufferings of the excluded".  The call for action, is cooperation as instruments of God, each of us according to our own culture, experiences, relationships and talents.
I have not read the whole thing and don't really intend to. The first thing that stuck out for me -

"Saint Francis of Assisi reminds us that our common home is like a sister with whom we share our life and a beautiful mother who opens her arms to embrace us. “Praise be to you, my Lord, through our Sister, Mother Earth, who sustains and governs us, and who produces various fruit with coloured flowers and herbs”. - Laudato Si

1) Any saint worth their salt (who St. Francis of Assisi was worth his salt) would not refer to the Earth as their mother, because we have one mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.
2) As it also says in the Gospels multiple times and repeated by every form of science to date, this Earth is perishing and;
3) What happened when the wind and waves were beating against the boat and the disciples thought they were about to drown? Matthew 8:23-27 https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+8%3A23-27&version=RSVCE

Furthermore, St. Francis of Assisi was very good when it came to Islam, Francis has on many occasions promoted that fallacy/heresy that all religions are equal. As you can see I'm not exactly thrilled with him and I have doubts in regards to Pope Benedict's resignation and Francis' election, which I believe will come to fruition and will be sorted out before the death of Pope Benedict.

There are also many other heterodox examples I can give in regards to Francis. Including even a prophecy concerning a great deceiver from St Francis of Assisi himself.

Hope this helps. God Bless.
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(12-06-2018, 07:51 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: ...Any saint worth their salt (who St. Francis of Assisi was worth his salt) would not refer to the Earth as their mother, because we have one mother, the Blessed Virgin Mary.  ...
Please read post #4 of this thread, and Canticle Of The Sun, also known as Canticle Of The Creatures, by St. Francis Of Assisi and the Church is known as our Mother as well.

Francis is pope.  There is no reason for doubt.  Benedict XVI resigned.  This is fact.

I have not found what you wrote to be helpful, but an opportunity to provide you direction to what St. Francis wrote is good and to our Mothers, Mary, Earth, and Church, we are welcome to care.
I have read #4 and while I find it interesting and possibly helpful, I find too many instances I can quote, such as the Hammer and Sickle Crucifix, the 500th anniversary of Martin Luther, promoting many heresies such as all religions are equal etc etc

(12-06-2018, 02:09 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: Francis is pope.  There is no reason for doubt.  Benedict XVI resigned.  This is fact.

If Pope Benedict only partially resigned, or resigned through fear or pressure, then it makes his resignation invalid, making Benedict still the true Pope and everything Francis has done becomes null and void. I believe this is the case. May I ask, have the you heard of the prophecy of St Francis of Assisi concerning a great deceiver?

(12-06-2018, 02:09 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: I have not found what you wrote to be helpful, but an opportunity to provide you direction to what St. Francis wrote is good and to our Mothers, Mary, Earth, and Church, we are welcome to care.

Our goal however is Heaven, not Earth (which is perishing regardless), as we can see, everything Francis has done has appealed to every pagan and heretic on the planet, at some point you'll have to eventually see what side he is on. There is only so long that massive ambiguity and enormous scandals will work in regards to people giving him the benefit of the doubt, I was one of them, I was constantly giving him the benefit of the doubt, but accumulative, it's just way too much now.

We have only two encyclicals from Francis, amid all the heresy inside the Church, we have one which undermines the indissolubility of marriage (Evangelii Gaudium) and one that exalts a mother Earth as the pagans do. (Laudato Si)

Hope this helps & God Bless
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
Well said, Josh, tho' I must admit I only gave him the benefit of the doubt for about three days after he was elected. I rapidly realised that a sinfully proud man had beeelevated to the Papacy.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'

[-] The following 1 user Likes jovan66102's post:
  • josh987654321