"Laudato Si'"
(12-06-2018, 08:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: Well said, Josh, tho' I must admit I only gave him the benefit of the doubt for about three days after he was elected. I rapidly realised that a sinfully proud man had beeelevated to the Papacy.

lol, three days isn't very long. What was it for you?

For myself, I definitely wanted to be sure because of how serious it is to slander or say anything bad about the Holy Father. I'm like 90% sure, but certainly sure enough.

God Bless You Smile
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

"It is in My Passion that you must seek light and strength." (Diary, 654)
(12-06-2018, 08:14 PM)jovan66102 Wrote: .

lol, and your a moderator, saying how I feel about this on CAF would have got me suspended/banned for sure, now I know I'm safer here.

Thank you jovan66102 Smile
Jesus to St Faustina:

"For you I descended from heaven to earth; for you I allowed myself to be nailed to the cross; for you I let my Sacred Heart be pierced with a lance, thus opening wide the source of mercy for you. Come, then, with trust to draw graces from this fountain. I never reject a contrite heart." (Diary, 1485)

"Remember My Passion, and if you do not believe My words, at least believe My wounds." (Diary, 379)

My admittedly limited knowledge of Laudatio Si is that is clearly states that its main purpose is to open discussion on the many topics that concern many people throughout the world. It is not meant specifically for Catholics, but is meant to raise worldly people to a more spiritual view of mankind as being spiritual creatures created by God who cares deeply for what He has created. So the language is meant for worldly people to read it and to gradually come into the Catholic world. And the language is purposefully rather open so that many people from all walks of life, cultures and languages might relate to the Encyclical-which is a letter-a communication sent from the Pope to all the Bishops of the world, I am assuming so that the Bishops share it with Catholics and in this case, with the wider worldly community, with the purpose of drawing worldly people towards spirituality.

If Catholics truly want the clearly defined teachings and the standards that Catholics are to follow, thenI suggest obtaining an adult #3 Baltimore Catechism or the Catechism of the Council of Trent! We who know more of Catholic Tradition are expected to walk the talk, not descend to the level of the worldly, so we read more strict Catholic things. Pope Francis certainly has achieved one of his goals in promoting discussion and even a healthy dissent, to what he has written.

Sometimes human nature exaggerates the flaws into radical campaigns which end up justifying pagans calling Catholics those people who "spread the hate, because it is the Christian thing to do!" The labeling follows! Oh, you are Novus Ordo heretic! Oh, you are Conservative, promoting the errors in Vatican II! Oh, you are Orthodox Catholic, following the New Mass! Oh, you are one of Those Traditionalists who do not follow the Pope! Ordinary people become their own Pope and Magisterium, excommunicating people, laying down verbal edicts of blasphemy, and what do we get? A forum of discussion where we learn from each other? Or a Cult that eliminates everyone who likes Back, Beathoven and Brahms instead of "Katholicus" or "The Thirsting"?

Even Marcel Lefebvre said of Pope Paul VI that much of what he wrote about The Faith was very beautiful. We are supposed to resist the Pope when he is wrong, but not when he is right! I am glad that Pope Francis canonized Padre Serra, and Jacinta and Francesco. I do not want him to canonize Paul VI.

Even that Resistance priest, Fr. Hewko, who is rejected by most groups for being too “radical” in his criticism of Pope Francis says that if Pope Francis appeared in front of him, he would immediately descend to his knees and kiss the Pope’s ring. Now that is humility and respect of a priest for his Pope!
(12-07-2018, 12:49 AM)greatdame Wrote: The labeling follows! Oh, you are Novus Ordo heretic! Oh, you are Conservative, promoting the errors in Vatican II! Oh, you are Orthodox Catholic, following the New Mass! Oh, you are one of Those Traditionalists who do not follow the Pope! Ordinary people become their own Pope and Magisterium, excommunicating people, laying down verbal edicts of blasphemy, and what do we get? A forum of discussion where we learn from each other? Or a Cult that eliminates everyone who likes Back, Beathoven and Brahms instead of "Katholicus" or "The Thirsting"?

This happens in all walks of life over everything, "Oh, your one of those 'no' voters to same sex marriage bigots", "Oh, your a woman hater for not supporting reproductive rights", "Oh, your a Mary and Saints worshiping Catholic". Obviously with these examples, we must fight these causes and not just put up and shut up because we appear to be causing division.

Where do we draw the line? that's a good question, but I'll sleep much better at night when members of the Church are arguing about things like Novus Ordo and Vatican II, then arguing about whether or not it's okay for a Priest to bless a homosexual union, James Martin's LGBTQ Rosary or a concert held in a Cathedral with a shirtless actor dancing on the communion rail.

(12-07-2018, 12:49 AM)greatdame Wrote: Even that Resistance priest, Fr. Hewko, who is rejected by most groups for being too “radical” in his criticism of Pope Francis says that if Pope Francis appeared in front of him, he would immediately descend to his knees and kiss the Pope’s ring. Now that is humility and respect of a priest for his Pope!

Only if hes the Pope, which I do not believe he is, since if Pope Benedict only partially resigned or did so under fear or pressure, then it makes his resignation invalid and thus Pope Benedict is still the Pope, which I believe is the case. Have you heard of the St. Francis of Assisi prophecy concerning a great deceiver?

Hope this helps and God Bless You
Jesus to St Faustina:

http://prayerfoundation.org/canticle_of_brother_sun.htm

Released last June, Laudato Si’ is named after St. Francis of Assisi’s Canticle of the Sun, which praises God for creation. The encyclical discusses human responsibility for caring for earth, creatures and people, as does St. Francis.

Only flaw in this presentation is the death scene. I would have preferred Pius X.

Sometimes TradCats can miss the forest for the trees! We resist what is bad, not what is good, and it seems the Vatican has deleted Chapter 8, which so many objected to. It was meant to be a discussion, not a new dogma! And it has certainly been that!