Roger's New Age Thread - Seeking Help!
Oh my! The sad thing is that Novus Ordo Retreat Centers and religious orders have been remodeling some chapels into Masonic lodges--Table in the center with chairs in a circle around it and statues gone, walls covered in wood paneling. The prayer has become Eastern Meditation, creating a passive populace which wants an easy way out of life--just practice indifference and "detachment". This 1954 Fulton Sheen video may be waht is needed today!
[-] The following 1 user Likes greatdame's post:
  • Roger Buck
Thank you, all! : - )

These are useful links indeed BlindHorus and also greatdame there is terrible, terrible truth here:

(12-13-2018, 01:58 AM)greatdame Wrote: Oh my!  The sad thing is that Novus Ordo Retreat Centers and religious orders have been remodeling some chapels into Masonic lodges--Table in the center with chairs in a circle around it and statues gone, walls covered in wood paneling.  The prayer has become Eastern Meditation, creating a passive populace which wants an easy way out of life--just practice indifference and "detachment".  

So true of so much modern "Catholicism" ...

Whole threads could and should be devoted to the Easternisation of certain Novus Ordo orders/retreat centres/ "meditations".

As terribly important as all this, I want to make a very specific request for something a bit different.

What I am most seeking is information regarding recent MOVIES AND POP CULTURE of the last 15 -20 years or so that came after the time I pretty much stopped engaging in pop culture.

So for example 15-20 years ago there were the Matrix movies. These are extremely New Age. Reality is illusion in them, like the East believes. (Yes, also Gnostics etc in the West.)

The answer presented is not of course redemption through Our Lord - but ENLIGHTENMENT as to the illusory nature of reality ...

Can anyone point me to more movies, tv shows, bestselling novels etc like this where the goal is enlightenment to overcome illusion.

Also movies about succeeding through things like positive thinking, finding your personal power through magical things that are not Christian ...

I don't know the Harry Potter films really, but I'm fairly sure they contain these elements. I also mentioned CLOUD ATLAS above with Tom Hanks reincarnation etc.

But I'm also interested in things that are more subtle - not quite as obvious as reincarnation, but along these lines ...

Many thanks again!
Will add that I could imagine some of the superhero films have such. I haven't seen anything like that in over a decade at least.

I need to check out something called DR STRANGE. Force myself to watch it. But I imagine there are others too. It's easy to imagine paganism in Wonder Woman etc - but I could be wrong there.

Haven't had time to check it out. Quite BURIED in other aspects of finishing this book ...