Science and philosophy of things, and morals, and civil laws aloof from Church...
Bug 
Pope Francis in his encyclical Laudato Si' said, "...consider some principles drawn from the Judeo-Christian tradition which can render our commitment to the environment more coherent.  ...".
 x < 1
Angel
Pray
J.M.J./M.J.M./B.V.M.  

Posts by lessthanholy are protected both by U.S. Constitutional copyright law, and international copyright law, Berne Convention, PLEASE: email or message requests for use, lessthanholy, thankyou!  Or email what use of it is to yourself, both fairly, and personally, as well.

"Indifferentism is atheism minus the name."  Leo XIII
This ties in to the civil laws aspect of this thread, remarks delivered by Attorney General Sessions, 30 July 2018, Washington D.C., at The Department Of Justice Religious Liberty Summit.

"...A dangerous movement...is now challenging and eroding our great tradition of religious freedom.  ...It must be confronted and defeated.  ...We have gotten to the point where courts have ruled that morality cannot be a basis for law; where ministers are fearful to affirm...holy writ from the pulpit;...where one group can actively target religious groups by labeling them a 'hate group' on the basis of their sincerely held religious beliefs.  ...Freedom of religious is indeed our 'first freedom'...a core American principle from the beginning.  ...my favorite Jefferson quote...you will find at his memorial just across the mall...  'I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man.'.  They clearly recognized that an individual's relationship to God is a natural right and precedes the existence of the state, and it is not subject to state control.  ...in recent years, the cultural climate in this country...has become less hospitable to people of faith.  ...We've seen U.S. Senators ask judicial and executive branch nominees about dogma...the U.S. Constitution explicitly forbids a religious test for public office.  ..."
 x < 1
Angel
Pray
J.M.J./M.J.M./B.V.M.  

Posts by lessthanholy are protected both by U.S. Constitutional copyright law, and international copyright law, Berne Convention, PLEASE: email or message requests for use, lessthanholy, thankyou!  Or email what use of it is to yourself, both fairly, and personally, as well.

"Indifferentism is atheism minus the name."  Leo XIII
I did not know that there was so much that is good in Laudato Si.
(12-04-2018, 06:01 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: the Judeo-Christian tradition

No such thing.
[-] The following 3 users Like Paul's post:
  • GRA, jovan66102, Some Guy
(12-06-2018, 01:24 AM)Paul Wrote:
(12-04-2018, 06:01 PM)lessthanholy Wrote: the Judeo-Christian tradition

No such thing.

Agreed, Paul.
Jovan-Marya of the Immaculate Conception Weismiller, T.O.Carm.

Vive le Christ-roi! Vive le roi, Louis XX!
Deum timete, regem honorificate.
Kansan by birth! Albertan by choice! Jayhawk by the Grace of God!
  “Qui me amat, amet et canem meum. (Who loves me will love my dog also.)” 
St Bernard of Clairvaux

My Blog 'Musings of an Old Curmudgeon'