Hi
Hi,

I'm a Roman Catholic from Australia in my mid 20's. I used to be on 'Catholic Answers Forums' from 2013 to 2017 sometime. I got suspended indefinitely from there, I can't remember the exact reason as it's been a long time and I can't log back in to read why again. It was mainly due to a couple infractions I received when debating other posters and I told the administrators that if they felt I needed to be temporarily suspended again to ban me instead which they did. I'm fine with that. I notice too that Patrick Coffin is no longer with them and I think he is a good man.

https://forums.catholic.com/u/josh987654321/summary

There were some excellent fellow posters on CAF and every month or so I peruse the site quickly, I find myself getting very frustrated by some of the unchallenged things being promoted there sometimes, but then also pleased every now and then to find some comments by fellow faithful Catholics some of whom I knew before I got banned and were very good.

I decided to create this account here because after looking through this site I feel it would be a similar community I could join, primarily to share my thoughts on news within the Church and outside of the Church and talk to fellow Catholics. Since this is not as mainstream as 'Catholic Answers Forums' I don't see myself getting as bogged down here with as many heterodox posts as I did there. Nevertheless, I'm still new here so I don't know.

People I think would consider me a traditionalist and I would view that as a compliment, which is why I think I will fair better here, as for the term itself, I like to refer to myself as just 'Catholic' (One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church) because I feel the Church has been infiltrated by much heresy and I think when someone refers to themselves as 'Catholic' we should not have to second guess whether or not they oppose things like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia etc. Whether or not they are fighting for us or against us.

Please feel free to let me know what you think, whether this is a good place for me, or whether you think another ban is probably on it's way?

Thank you and God Bless. Smile
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

[-] The following 4 users Like josh987654321's post:
  • Eric F, Roger Buck, SacraCor714, tucherb
Welcome to the Tank, Josh.
Eternal Father, I offer Thee the most precious blood of Thy Divine Son, Jesus, in union with the Masses said Throughout the world today, for all the holy souls in Purgatory. Amen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dahveed's post:
  • josh987654321
Welcome to the tank Josh.

(12-06-2018, 04:34 AM)josh987654321 Wrote: People I think would consider me a traditionalist and I would view that as a compliment, which is why I think I will fair better here, as for the term itself, I like to refer to myself as just 'Catholic' (One Holy Catholic and Apostolic Church) because I feel the Church has been infiltrated by much heresy and I think when someone refers to themselves as 'Catholic' we should not have to second guess whether or not they oppose things like abortion, gay marriage, euthanasia etc. Whether or not they are fighting for us or against us.

Well stated, and I concur with you, sir.

I agree with you about CAF; there's some great info and discussion there, but also a good bit of heterodoxy. I think you'll be fine here. Great place to ask question, discuss, and learn about the Faith. Full disclosure: I'm currently under suspension from CAF myself. Jokes about baby seals not liking Canadian Club on the rocks and hippies screwing in light bulbs are a bit edgy there, but whatever. Their house, their rules.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • josh987654321
Thank you Smile

(12-06-2018, 08:43 AM)Jeeter Wrote: Jokes about baby seals not liking Canadian Club on the rocks and hippies screwing in light bulbs are a bit edgy there, but whatever. Their house, their rules.

lol

It never used to be like that, but somewhere after they changed forum, I suspect they also changed administration somewhere along the line, I think they'll slowly get worse IMO, just like we have seen some Catholic Institutions that used to be okay become corrupted or bias against the faith.

God Bless You both. Smile
"Behold the Heart that has so loved men that it has spared nothing, even to exhausting and consuming Itself, in order to testify Its love; in return, I receive from the greater part only ingratitude, by their irreverence and sacrilege, and by the coldness and contempt they have for Me in this Sacrament of Love. But what I feel most keenly is that it is hearts which are consecrated to Me that treat Me thus.” - St. Margaret Mary. Ignored by King of France Culminating in French Revolution.

"Charity concert at Cdl. Schonborn's Cathedral features shirtless actor dancing on Communion rail" - Dec 4, 2018

[-] The following 1 user Likes josh987654321's post:
  • Eric F
                                    I think quite a few people here had the same experiences at CAF. The last time I got suspended was on there old forum, and it was because I said nothing more than that it's quite apparent that Cardinal Cupich supports communion for practicing homosexuals, and I included a link to a major news source where he said as much. When I argued against my suspension, and stated that I was simply quoting the Cardinal from a video of him in Chicago's largest newspaper, I was told something like, my intent was to encourage disrespect for the Cardinal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Eric F's post:
  • josh987654321
Thumbs Up 
Welcome to the tank, enjoy your swim!

If you can find it, there’s an entire thread on here of members who have been banned from CAF. It’s almost like a cheeky badge of honor here. We certainly have a lot of refugees from other forums. I think you’ll be comfortable here Smile
[-] The following 1 user Likes Catherine's post:
  • josh987654321
(12-08-2018, 05:47 PM)Catherine Wrote: If you can find it, there’s an entire thread on here of members who have been banned from CAF. It’s almost like a cheeky badge of honor here.

I forgot about that thread! I’m starting to think CAF is touchier than a summer camp run by Jerry Sandusky and Michael Jackson.
-sent by howitzer via the breech.

God's love is manifest in the landscape as in a face.  - John Muir

I want creation to penetrate you with so much admiration that wherever you go, the least plant may bring you clear remembrance of the Creator.  A single plant, a blade of grass, or one speck of dust is sufficient to occupy all your intelligence in beholding the art with which it has been made  - Saint Basil

Heaven is under our feet, as well as over our heads. - Thoreau, Walden
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jeeter's post:
  • SacraCor714
Hi Josh and welcome, I was also banned from CAF!
Some people say “If you can’t beat them, join them." I say “If you can’t beat them, beat them,” because they will be expecting you to join them, so you will have the element of surprise.

St. Mary of Egypt, Ora Pro Nobis!

[-] The following 1 user Likes SacraCor714's post:
  • josh987654321