A Friends Inquiry
Question 
I have a friend he's pretty ashamed about the whole thing, and I told him I was uncertain about the matter, so I am inquiring about the issue on his behalf about the matter:

He met this girl earlier this year. They were dating and he really liked her, but she was uncertain about a prior relationship she was in. So she put him on the "backburner." He fell in despair and commited a mortal sin by referring himself to a wicca practicioner to put a "love spell" on her. He said, almost immediately after submitting this he regretted doing so, but by the time he put in the request to cancel, it was already too late the spell had been cast. Nevertheless, the person she was uncertain about in the prior relationship she realized had grown icreasingly cold toward her (even before the spell was cast), and my friend reached out to her again not long after the spell was cast but after going to confession too.

He said he went to confession and submitted her name for a 15 Year Enrollment with the Marian Fathers and all sorts of religious communities for her spiritual welfare and deliverance. He wants to know though, is going to confession and submitting her name to various communities enough to "break the spell" or does he also *have* to tell her what he did to her?  :huh:

They are dating and he said, she tells him things like, "this is the first time that I did something like this." I asked him if they were fornicating, he says "no, but it can get a little raunchy at times." She does like him too, but is this from her or part of the spell that was cast?

A part of me says, the spell should be broken the moment you went to confession and doing all these spiritual prayers for her deliverance, welfare, and protection should cancel out any demonic activity influencing her to like him. Yet at the same time, as you can guess, he does like her and is afraid to lose her if he has to tell her, he does feel some guilt at times for not telling her what he did, but he is caught between prudential judgment to reveal only what needs to be known and full disclosure about the spiritual abuse he put her through. He prays to God that unless the girl he likes is meant to be with him (in a natural way, not some occult means) that God would just make the relationship fail altogether.
I haven't posted on here in a few months, but this one really caught my eye. The way I see it, Wicca is a falsehood, and if someone places a curse on me I view it as a laughable croc of excrement. Unless they actually found a way to summon Lucifer's power, I'd worry about the "spell" about as much as a 5 year old threatening to beat up Brock Lesnar.
[-] The following 3 users Like redneckpride4ever's post:
  • jack89, MaryTN, Melkite
Man.

That is pretty scary.

I'm interested in what others have to say . All I could suggest would be to pray the Rosary and St. Michael's prayer assiduously to remove any evil influences and for him and her to wear blessed miraculous and st. Benedict medals.

Hope he and she will be alright.
I would have your friend confess all of this to an exorcist. An exorcist will be able to tell if the so-called spell is something to be concerned about, and if so, what needs to be done to break it.

I also think your friend should tell the girl what is going on. He needs to be completely honest with her. He is not owning up to his sin and is deceiving her, and as long as there is deceit in this relationship, there is room for Satan to hurt both of them. Satan and his demons thrive in darkness and lies. This man's sin must be brought into the light and cannot be fixed until that happens.

Your friend has possibly put this girl's soul in danger, and she has a right to know about it. If he loses her love, that is the unfortunate result of going to Satan for advice instead of God. Satan never plays nice. He always deceives, cheats, and takes.

Some people have said here that a Wiccan curse is probably nothing to worry about, and while Wicca is indeed a false religion, it does not mean it isn't dangerous. It is a religion that is directly opposed to God and actively calls upon evil spirits to enhance the powers of its followers. Regardless of how foolish or weak the people who are involved in it might be, Satan can still wreak havoc through their idiocy.

Your friend needs to come clean with the girl (even if this means he may lose her) and needs to consult an exorcist. There is nobody on this forum who is qualified to give any better or other advice except a trained professional. He needs to man up and own the consequences of his actions. It sounds like the relationship was doomed to fail to begin with if she was interested in another man, and even if she appears to be interested in your friend now, it may be yet another trick of Satan.

Best of luck.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
Wiccan, like witches and New Age and crystals and dancing around the fire, or Satanism?
Since I don't believe that Wiccans have power, unless they have allegiance to Satan, and you have gotten different answers from different people, your friend should probably ask a priest what to do and follow those instructions.  I assume since he went to Confession the priest told him what to do and your friend followed those instructions.  Did the priest tell your friend to tell the woman?  If so, then he should tell her.  If not, then I would keep it to myself, for now.
If I was the woman and a new guy told me he had a witch cast a spell....well, we wouldn't be friends anymore.  Not because I would be afraid of the spell, but because I would find the guy very weird and very not-Catholic.
The supernatural stuff is not to be played with.
(12-09-2018, 02:45 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I would have your friend confess all of this to an exorcist. An exorcist will be able to tell if the so-called spell is something to be concerned about, and if so, what needs to be done to break it.

Exorcists don't work like that. It's not as if they are like super special people who have have gnostic insight into the demonic world. An exorcist is a priest who, due to his study and holiness, is appointed by a bishop to be the person who examines difficulty cases and performs exorcisms for the diocese. The Roman Ritual demands that only the priests renown for their wisdom, prudence and holiness should perform exorcisms.

Most exorcists are not known as such. One will not be able to just look up an exorcist and set up a meeting.

(12-09-2018, 02:45 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: I also think your friend should tell the girl what is going on. He needs to be completely honest with her. He is not owning up to his sin and is deceiving her, and as long as there is deceit in this relationship, there is room for Satan to hurt both of them. Satan and his demons thrive in darkness and lies. This man's sin must be brought into the light and cannot be fixed until that happens.

Absolutely not!

No one is ever obliged under any circumstances to make public a hidden sin except to his confessor/director. It is rare that publicly admitting to a hidden sin that no one will discover will be of any help and is usually terribly imprudent.

When there is serious sin that affects others there is often real feelings of guilt. When justice demands some recompense, then there is an obligation to repair, but repair is most often done without revealing the evil done.

An analogous situation might be when a man commits adultery (when there is no child conceived by this). If he does he should confess his sin and try to make amends to his wife by an increased fidelity, but it is almost always imprudent and destructive his infidelity. It may make him feel better, but it harms his wife and their family at the expense of his natural catharsis. It is a self-serving act done under the guise of "coming clean".

There is recompense demanded in Justice, but that does not require one to reveal his hidden sin, it merely requires doing what is necessary to fix the evil done.

Clearly if there is a child conceived, or some other circumstances, it may be necessary to reveal the fault in order that Justice to both wife and child are done, but even here, it may be more prudent that the husband and his mistress have the child adopted quietly rather than destroy his family over it.

Still, it is a horrifically modern idea that we need to expose hidden sins to public view to have them fixed. It is not a Catholic notion.

(12-09-2018, 02:45 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: Your friend has possibly put this girl's soul in danger, and she has a right to know about it.

Yes, he has. No she doesn't.

He has a duty to repair for his grave evil by protecting her from evil as best he can. Clearly, however much he might have wanted to fix this, he is not doing the right thing now.

He has confessed. Good.

He has enrolled her in prayer groups to help her obtain the protection of these added prayers. Good.

Is he praying for her? Has he had Masses offered for her? Is he fasting and abstaining and doing extra penances for her?

Proof that he is failing in his duty is that he is participating in grave sin with her. He is harming her soul far more by being the cause of her falling into mortal sins of lust by being "raunchy". Forget the "spell" his actions here alone show that he has no real concern for her soul! He needs to treat her like a Catholic woman, help her to practice chastity and modesty.

The way he will do this is one of two things: (1) He will see that his malice and his absolute disinterest in the true good of her soul makes him a terrible candidate for a spouse and thus he will leave her for her own good, or (2) He will see that he has done terrible evils here and put his own soul and hers in jeopardy and continues to do so, thus he will start taking seriously his duty to protect her and encourage her virtue and teach her how wrong they have been in their "raunchy" actions, and encourage her to confess, then take deadly seriously his duty to protect her chastity.

When it comes to unchaste things all matter is grave. The only thing that make a sin of unchastity possibly venial is a lack of full consent. Anytime there is full consent (which exists whenever there is full attention to what is happening) there is mortal sin.

Willfully accepted unchaste thoughts are mortal sins. Willful impure desires are mortal sins and what was desired must be confessed specifically. Passionate kissing is a grave sin. Petting is a grave sin. Anything that willfully provokes venereal pleasure is a grave sin among the unmarried. Anything that provokes pollution (ejaculation) or orgasm is a grave sin.

So are unnecessary near occasions of mortal sin, mortal sins. For a man and woman who are not married to spend time alone in private together is a grave sin under most circumstances, for instance.

Fornication is not the only mortal sin of unchastity, and is in fact usually not the worst of what most couples do. Oral sex, often considered less serious that fornication is a far worse evil, because it is unnatural. Using contraceptives is often considered less severe than risking a child, but is likewise unnatural. In the case of drugs, they are often abortifacients, so one is willfully consenting to possible murder.

If he is concerned with what he did with the spell, that is good, but if he has no concern about her soul and willfully seeks to get his rocks off at the expense of her soul, then the spell is not half the problem. He is!

(12-09-2018, 02:45 PM)SacraCor714 Wrote: There is nobody on this forum who is qualified to give any better or other advice except a trained professional.

Yet you're quite happy to give plenty of it ...
[-] The following 1 user Likes MagisterMusicae's post:
  • Some Guy
My friend did end up confessing to her. She is now sad and angry and does not want to talk to him for time being, she told him they could remain friends.

He's an emotional mess, he struggles with loneliness a lot and is now very depressed because he actually loved her. Add to the fact this is the holiday season and it does not make for a good combination.

Providentially, after telling her he went to his local church to pray the Rosary but saw the parish priest and went to confession.

I asked him why he felt the need to confess to her what he did, and he said because she recently said to him she wanted to be his girlfriend and did not want the relationship to start off with an act of concealment against her. Of course, now she is confused as to what is she felt for him was real and what was from the occult stuff, pray she can discern through it.

He hoped she would appreciate his honesty and integrity, so she could trust him and rest comfortably in each other. He also hoped she would forgive him and move on together with her too since she was confessing love for him.

Ironically, to MagisterMusicae point he did start taking seriously his duty to protect her and encourage her virtue and teach her how wrong they have been in their "raunchy" actions, and encourage her to confess, then take deadly seriously his duty to protect her chastity. But he did have doubts how effective his actions were going to break the occasions of sin, he felt this path was the only way to give it a real shot at true and pure love.

Please pray for this couple, that God in His Providence would restore this broken relationship (that the girl would see he truly loved her and the guy that he would be given a second chance and learn from this lesson), whose names I was told not to reveal, but their names start with "J" and "M"
(12-10-2018, 10:27 AM)JimAndersen89 Wrote: My friend did end up confessing to her. She is now sad and angry and does not want to talk to him for time being, she told him they could remain friends.

He's an emotional mess, he struggles with loneliness a lot and is now very depressed because he actually loved her. Add to the fact this is the holiday season and it does not make for a good combination.

Providentially, after telling her he went to his local church to pray the Rosary but saw the parish priest and went to confession.

I asked him why he felt the need to confess to her what he did, and he said because she recently said to him she wanted to be his girlfriend and did not want the relationship to start off with an act of concealment against her. Of course, now she is confused as to what is she felt for him was real and what was from the occult stuff, pray she can discern through it.

He hoped she would appreciate his honesty and integrity, so she could trust him and rest comfortably in each other. He also hoped she would forgive him and move on together with her too since she was confessing love for him.

Ironically, to MagisterMusicae point he did start taking seriously his duty to protect her and encourage her virtue and teach her how wrong they have been in their "raunchy" actions, and encourage her to confess, then take deadly seriously his duty to protect her chastity. But he did have doubts how effective his actions were going to break the occasions of sin, he felt this path was the only way to give it a real shot at true and pure love.

Please pray for this couple, that God in His Providence would restore this broken relationship (that the girl would see he truly loved her and the guy that he would be given a second chance and learn from this lesson), whose names I was told not to reveal, but their names start with "J" and "M"
I apologize for being picky, but you don't put a spell on someone you really love.  Someone you sort of like, maybe.  Infatuated with, yes.  Have the hots for, yes.  But not love.  Real love means you want what is best for the person, whether they are with you are with someone else.
Frankly, your friend needs to look into himself to find out why he, a Catholic, would go to a Wiccan to cast a spell.  What is going on with his thinking?  Is his religious knowledge so poor, 'cause Wiccans and Catholics are polar opposites.  That isn't loneliness.  That isn't love.
MaterMusicae, I will dismiss your snarky and unnecessary dissection of my input on this matter as a side effect of the beans you must have had for dinner.

You, me, and everyone gives advice on here since this is indeed a discussion forum.

Unless somebody's advice is literally going to send somebody to hell, let's not publicly eviscerate them.
St. Joseph, Terror of Demons, Pillar of Families, Glory of Domestic Life, Pray for Us!

When I was a kid my parents moved a lot, but I always found them.
(12-10-2018, 10:27 AM)JimAndersen89 Wrote: My friend did end up confessing to her. She is now sad and angry and does not want to talk to him for time being, she told him they could remain friends. 

That's awful for him, but really I would not have expected a different reaction from her then the one she gave.  No way would a girl just be able to have a normal or relationship with the guy after he disclosed something of that nature...